United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Here's one I did last year.
Tracks include:
1. Orchestral drumset
2. Orchestral soundfonts including tremolo strings, string ensembles, french horn, aah choir, oboe with a distorted effect!
3. Steinway piano, played using a VST plugin (Pianoteq).
4. Arpeggiator with synth

Oh that's lovely...I love chorals!

I want to learn how to incorporate the keys and more on the strings... violins are my favorite!

Also, I want some windage blowing through, of course!

This is fun stuff!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Oh that's lovely...I love chorals!

I want to learn how to incorporate the keys and more on the strings... violins are my favorite!

Also, I want some windage blowing through, of course!

This is fun stuff!
A couple of years ago I purchased Pianoteq which is a virtual piano instrument with high quality pianos. It is a standalone application, but can also be used as a VST plugin for your projects. It's a great piece of software and definitely worth it if you love playing pianos!

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A couple of years ago I purchased Pianoteq which is a virtual piano instrument with high quality pianos. It is a standalone application, but can also be used as a VST plugin for your projects. It's a great piece of software and definitely worth it if you love playing pianos!

Nice!

Yeah, I was looking at this piano that also had digital drum pads on it.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Nice!

Yeah, I was looking at this piano that also had digital drum pads on it.
If you're using a DAW with a good set of quality instruments, then you don't need to splash out too much on a digital piano - just a fairly standard one that does the job. Mine only cost me around £200 - has a full set of 88 keys, with hammer action and velocity sensitive. On it's own, the sound is crap! But it is the software you have that brings out the best in the piano!

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: Davy and Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Okay so I spotted some Yucca today...

This is what I make rainsticks out of!

IMG_20201221_124737817_HDR.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so I've looked at a few programs for making music or mixing music...I don't know...really.

Which, is why I am creating this thread.

I have a strong interest in putting together some instrumental tracks and perhaps incorporating my poetry into them.

But, as is probably pretty evident by now, I don't know where to begin.

I can't even get past the downloading part of getting a program I can work with and then what, assuming I succeed in getting it installed and open on my laptop?

The processes are more difficult than meets the eye--it does require some buying of software & a bit of hardware because I just tried to create a live a/v & the sound did not come out at all whether I did it by first ripping the track to my hard drive or playing on the dvd player. All has to do with connecting cables. The video part is fairly straightforward as long as you a decent computer. I suggest browsing online for home theater production, checking w/ DJs, or even church production setup. I tried FB, utube, & zoom & none of them could deliver me the audio at the same time as the video & where you could hear it.

Thanks in advance!

Shalom.

-T1

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

You have use a DAW and an audio interface?

I'm still working on learning how I can speak into the mic. and have it come up on my DAW...

Been trying to figure it out for a couple of hours...

Thanks!

Shalom.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have use a DAW and an audio interface?

I'm still working on learning how I can speak into the mic. and have it come up on my DAW...

Been trying to figure it out for a couple of hours...

Thanks!

Shalom.

I see you're having fun. I remember those days.

The Focusrite is a good move.

Might want to think about 'latency', which is a setting on your audio interface that determines the speed an input analog signal (mic) gets into your DAW. General procedure is to use low-latency setting when recording, and higher latency when mixing. If you start to hear pops and dropouts in the audio, then choose a higher latency setting for your audio interface. This is real important, so might want to read your Focusrite manual about it. It's just something common to the 'digital' realm. Doesn't happen with all analog gear.

I started out on SONAR, then Reaper, then Pro Tools, then Digital Performer, and now I'm using Studio One 4. I write mostly orchestral music using virtual instruments. There's a FREE orchestral library available from Spitfire Audio, not a huge footprint either, so the files aren't real big, but its quality still sounds really good. It's called the BBC Discovery orchestral library. They have a free piano library too called Felt Piano, and it has a really soft sound, so it's great behind vocals and such.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
a FREE orchestral library available from Spitfire Audio

It's called the BBC Discovery orchestral library. They have a free piano library too called Felt Piano

Yeah, I've tinkered with the latency thing a bit, because I found that the delay or echo, or whatever kinda threw me off when I was trying to add vocals...I would hear myself and the timing was off.

I've taken up Music Theory just so I can learn how to come in on beat and add beat to my poetry.

I know I don't necessarily have to know theory to do it, but...it's just how my mind works.

I do need to transition more to the practice from the theory, which is why I started looking for a keyboard with drum pads.

Thanks for the piano library lead, I'll definitely have to look into it.

Do you by chance know any great 61 key keyboards with drum pads that is DAW ready, at around $300.00?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I've tinkered with the latency thing a bit, because I found that the delay or echo, or whatever kinda threw me off when I was trying to add vocals...I would hear myself and the timing was off.

I've taken up Music Theory just so I can learn how to come in on beat and add beat to my poetry.

I know I don't necessarily have to know theory to do it, but...it's just how my mind works.

I do need to transition more to the practice from the theory, which is why I started looking for a keyboard with drum pads.

Thanks for the piano library lead, I'll definitely have to look into it.

Do you by chance know any great 61 key keyboards with drum pads that is DAW ready, at around $300.00?

Thanks!

This is the MIDI keyboard I use, excepting mine is an 88 key version.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Nektar/Impact-LX49-1500000022482.gc

You really don't need drum pads to input drums samples. You can just use the standard keyboard keys.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is the MIDI keyboard I use, excepting mine is an 88 key version.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Nektar/Impact-LX49-1500000022482.gc

You really don't need drum pads to input drums samples. You can just use the standard keyboard keys.

Oh wow, I was just looking at this Nektar last night:

Nektar Panorama T6 61-key Keyboard Controller | Sweetwater

But, the description said this:

" It all adds up to an amazingly integrated and complete DAW control system. Panorama T-series' DAW integration currently supports Bitwig, Cubase, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, and Reason."

If it doesn't say FL Studio (what I use), will it still work with it?

Also, as I am just a beginner, 61 keys should be good enough right?

Your keyboard has drum pads too though right?

The reason why i want the pads is because I have years of experience drumming on things with my hands, but almost zero experience with keys, so i thought it would be easier for me to catch on with the pads.

Upvote 0