turned off christianity by christians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
myquestions said:
some christians are really mean and bad, that is why chirsitanity isn't very appealing.....

???

Yes, you are right. Some who claim to be Christians go no further than to hit you over the head with scripture or point their fingers at you. Jesus knows who they are, and if they belong to Him, He will correct them. If they do not, He will deny knowing them in Heaven.

I spent 23 years angry at the behavior of some Christians, and this turned into anger towards God. It seemed unfair to me that people who seemed arrogant and mean hearted were supposed to tell me the way to God. Yet, God put in my path a few people who either in words or by action told me showed me that there was some truth there.

I am here to tell you that God loves you. He loves you so much that he counts the number of hairs on your head. Think about this! We grow and lose hair on a daily basis. This means that God takes the time to tenderly and personally look at each one of us on a daily basis.

Get your eyes off of people. People will let you down. Turn your eyes to the only One who loves you perfectly and will never let you down. I say this with love and from hard experience.

Lisa

Upvote 0

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well it isn't christian's who should turn you off, its Jesus you should be looking at. We are not perfect, we are all sinners. Yet through Jesus Christ we have been forgiven. Also, anyone can call themselves a christian, and not be one. I very much dislike it when people call themselves christians, and don't even act like one. These actions can sometimes blind people from seeing who Jesus truley is. God Bless you! Im sorry that you have had bad experiences with some Christians.

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
myquestions said:
some christians are really mean and bad, that is why chirsitanity isn't very appealing.....

???
Please don't blame Christ for this.It is our duty to try to bring souls to Jesus.Our methods however, are often misguided.Instead of embracing a potential convert we rebuke them for their sins which frankly are no worse than ours,in the eyes of God.However we are not all like this.So, let me say that you are welcome in the body of Christ.No matter what one has done it can be forgiven.Remember every last one of us is a convert.We all repented and accepted the salvation offered through Jesus.There is not one of us that could stand in the judgement without him.So,come on in.It won't cost you anything you can't do without.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

scouch125

Oct 18, 2005
Greenfield, IN
✟8,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of my best friends (at work) and I had this discussion yesterday! I have a very strong Christian that works for me, and he is very "hard core". I have been a Christian my whole life, and he turns me off to many ideas about Christianity... I can just imagine how non-believers or new Christians can be confused or turned off by his aggressive nature.

Sometimes, good intensions are not good enough if we handle the situation poorly!

Anyway... GOOD MORNING!!!

Upvote 0

hannabl

Dec 8, 2004
Göteborg
✟8,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is the existence of a God dependant on tha actions of his followers?

As in... If God exists, but his followers act badly - does he cease to exist? If God does not exist, but those who believe that he exists are really nice, does that make him exist?

If no, then Christianity can still be true even if you come across som Chrsitians who doesn't act very Christ-like.

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Jesus warns us in the bible for the 'sheeps in wolve clothes' just because you are a christian or a priest doesn't mean you obey to Gods spiritual laws,

43`A good tree does not have bad fruit. And also, a bad tree does not have good fruit.

44Every kind of tree is known by its fruit. People do not pick fruit like figs from thorn trees. And they do not pick grapes from bramble bushes.

45A good man has stored up good things in his heart, so he says good things. A bad man has stored up wrong things in his heart, so he will say wrong things. The mouth will say what is in the heart.' 46`Why do you call me "Lord, Lord," but you do not do what I tell you?

The horrible things those christians are doing to you is because they are the bad fruits as described by Jesus. Anyone can give themselves a name, but living up to them is quite a different story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AndrewinIdaho

Dec 3, 2005
Idaho
✟15,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are many christian who are a little overbearing (understatement) in their preaching. Christianity is about Gods love for us by His Sons death on the cross and ressurection.

I am sorry that christians have turned you from Christ, He died for you and loves you deeply like the father in the Lost Son parable. Remeber you dont have to listen to anyone but Him.

Upvote 0

ggd316

Dec 13, 2005
✟131.00
Faith
Buddhist
Politics
US-Democrat
It is not really christianitys fault that many christians are dicks. The "christians" in my town turned me away from christianity and it was one of the best things to ever happen to me.

There is more to life than just christianity. There are hundreds of other religions, and most have a very warming message.

My advice to you is to read The Dhammapada.

Reactions: MQTA
Upvote 0

ccastellow

Nov 23, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
✟15,399.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have found this to be true right here in this forum. We are all sinners and should seek only Him who can change our souls for the better, Jesus Christ. I fight with my sinful nature on a daily basis and try to be a good Christian, but sometimes I slip. There are bad apples in everything: race, religion, politics, society, men, women, children, and the list could go on and on. Find those who seek to replenish and revive and seek Him who can bring fulfillment to your soul. And on behalf of those trying to show the Truth I say sorry that you have been made to feel this way about Christianity. It proves that man is not the answer. Only Jesus Christ is!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.