Trying to go back and finish my degree so I can go to seminary :( Funding :( Miracle.

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So the time has come, I feel, for me to finish my two degrees (bachelors of science in psychology and biology, to be applied to seminary of youth ministry subsequent undergrad) albeit late, but better than never
smilie6.gif

Problem 1) I have a son, so people feel as if the time committment is impossible as well as the ability to go to class...
Solution 1) E-Courses with distance education and minimal full-time status (12 credits in oppose to my normal 20)

Problem 2) College costs a lot.
Solution 2) I get full funding from the government between Stafford loans, grants and scholarships for school and housing.

Problem 3) I owe them money before I can return...and subsequently, before they will give me financial aid (which is dumb, because I could use the financial aid to pay them!!!!! This infuriates me).
Solution 3) You all praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do better, mentally, when I am stimulated. I NEED to finish my degree, at least psychology, and I am fairly close to that. It's the cry of my heart here, and I am being separated by it due to money, and I don't believe that any worldly thing such as that should stand in the way of something I know I am called to do...ie-youth ministry, but first, to be fully admitted to the seminary I am pre-accepted into, I have to have my bachelors....I could do it in a year, I really could, I just need them to cut me some slack so I am able to finish. *sigh* *cry*

For me, this is a permanent solution to a temporary problem *my insanity, though doesn't feel temporary, has subsided before with mental stimulation in the form of academia* and thus I am seeking the funding of a few grant places (Like actual places I am writing to and asking for grants) to be able to return to school. This goes for Mark as well...if he is able to complete his software degree, we will DEFINITELY be a lot better off and he can legitimately get his business going, instead of the meandering he's forced to do without credentials. A degree from OSU in computer science goes a LONG way in Oregon...

Please pray we get the money we need to return to school. I need so badly this to feel...alive, part of society, like a contributing member again. We both do.

If you have any further questions, pose them here or shoot me a PM or find me on MSN
-Hallee

Reactions: Alidar Jarok

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
So the time has come, I feel, for me to finish my two degrees (bachelors of science in psychology and biology, to be applied to seminary of youth ministry subsequent undergrad) albeit late, but better than never
smilie6.gif

Nothing is ever too late; it is always in God's time.

God be with you. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just went back to school for my bachelors in pastoral ministries...which means my previous student loans are back in deferment. Also, I am going online through Nazarene Bible College for about half the cost of anywhere else. I started with one 3 credit hour class crammed into a 6 week period, a wekk break and then the next class. However, in order to mmet my time requirement for VA benefits I am going to be doing two 3 credit hour classes during each 6 week period.

and I am a little older than you :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just to clarify, this isn't student loans. I have student loans which don't concern me beside this money...this is money owed directly to the college, which must be paid prior to me being readmitted, or being able to have my transcripts released and go to a different college :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
somebody should have hope and a future.
hereby bequeathing all its own to you. whatsoever any prayer bes wasted upon this one may it inherit itself upon you instead and profit and bear fruit a thousandfold there. whatsoever mercies (if any) God ever had in mind to waste here, may He turn them to you instead.
now go. GO. move forward. go serve Him as you bes made to do, and be strong and of good courage. you hearsy???

Upvote 0