Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have gotten back on the horse but you have to realize is that I have no emotions at all. I don't feel sorry nor do I feel afraid of hell or anything. I am in a completely neutral spiritual state. I don't feel drawn to do anything good and neither do I feel drawn to do evil. I'm in a weird place of completely neutral and zero spiritual sensitivity.

Truth is
if one of His children
I don't think that He will leave you in that condition.

Be prepared
can be a rough ride down here.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Alynn

Jan 22, 2020
Fort Wayne
✟40,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay for arguement sake
That sounds to me like some kind of severe depression or similar. Trust me from experience — it is NOTHING to do with God; it is NOTHING to do with your state of salvation. It's just error, or evil, or the tempter, talking — and all he can ever do is lie, as Jesus himself said. God has not left you; how can He, when He's already everywhere? ("Do not I fill heaven and earth?" says the Lord — Jer. 23:24)

It hurts my heart when I see young (and sometimes not-so-young) people on this forum who've been terrified into a state of near paralysis by these fearmongering theologies that bang on about apostasy and losing God's grace and being lost forever just because you've slipped into doubt or despair. Most of Christianity doesn't teach anything like that, only the fundamentalist fringe. If you're going to a church like that, get the hell out of it and find somewhere that actually helps you to feel the saving, healing love of God. Find someone you trust as a counsellor, if you need to speak to someone one-to-one and confidentially. Pray that God will guide you to where you can hear and feel Him again and know that He never left you after all — because that IS the truth, no matter what your feelings (or lack of feelings) tell you. And He can always hear you, even if you feel like you can't hear Him. As Lismore says, the fact that you care at all about this is more than proof that you aren't a lost soul. Keep going, just keep going. You are dearly, dearly loved by God and you WILL discover that again.

Okay for argument sake lets take the emotions out of the equation and analyze this only by His word.

"If you abide me i will abide in you" "He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful"

I am going to be completely transparent with you. But I was not abiding in Jesus. I know who God is and there are some truth that he was allowed me to understand. But I wasn't following Jesus. I backslide. I came across Hebrews 10:26 (i still don't know wither or not i committed it. There are 2 different explanations of this passage to me that seem valid)

I don't know if God was chastising me or if this was my judgement because I did not want to fully surrender to him. His Grace and Mercy are ever so abounding. It's never ending but in my case has Grace reached it's point? Did i abuse his grace?

Upvote 0