Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The only thing I've made clear in this thread is that I think Trump did a 180, going from campaigning using strong anti Muslim rhetoric to a speech in which he lauded Islam ad one of the world's great faiths.

So I'm sure you haven't read any posts over the moths that have stated repeatedly that Trump's stance was not anti-Muslim? I'm pretty sure that has been a hot topic since day one as an argument against even his inauguration. Sure seems to me he doesn't hate Muslims. Maybe his ban isn't anti-Muslim either. Seeing that he went to the heart of Islam and stated his same exact 'anti-Muslim' sentiment about destroying radical extremists.

Might just be a lot of us arent shocked because we have been trying to make that understood the entire time. He isn't ant-Muslim. More than likely he is just not saying what is wanted to be heard.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So I'm sure you haven't read any posts over the moths that have stated repeatedly that Trump's stance was not anti-Muslim? I'm pretty sure that has been a hot topic since day one as an argument against even his inauguration. Sure seems to me he doesn't hate Muslims. Maybe his ban isn't anti-Muslim either. Seeing that he went to the heart of Islam and stated his same exact 'anti-Muslim' sentiment about destroying radical extremists.

Might just be a lot of us arent shocked because we have been trying to make that understood the entire time. He isn't ant-Muslim. More than likely he is just not saying what is wanted to be heard.
I have read Trump's own words and statements, and yes, I've also read posts where people here explained why we can't take Trump at his word and must interpret his own words in a more positive light. I just don't think that we should ignore Trump's own words and actions in favor if these posters 'interpretations '.
Personally I'm glad he's had what might be a change of heart. I hope he has another one and takes the Pope's words to heart on climate change.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I habe to admit, I find the line of thought expressed by some in this thread ...that one shouldn't read Trump's words for themselves but should instead rely on the interpretation of those words by others...to be very interesting. It's reminiscent of those denominations that teach that a person shouldn't try to read and understand the Bible for themselves but should instead learn from interpretations made by leaders who have read it.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have read Trump's own words and statements, and yes, I've also read posts where people here explained why we can't take Trump at his word and must interpret his own words in a more positive light. I just don't think that we should ignore Trump's own words and actions in favor if these posters 'interpretations '.
Personally I'm glad he's had what might be a change of heart. I hope he has another one and takes the Pope's words to heart on climate change.

Why? Why do we need to "interpret his own words in a more positive light"? Because Islam hates us?

islam hates us trump - Bing video

Don: There is an unbelievable hatred of us.

CNN: Within Islam it'self?

Don: You will have to figure that out. There is a tremendous hatred, and you will have to be very vigilant, have to be very careful.

CNN: Is there a war between the West and radical Islam? Is there a war between Islam it'self?

Don: Well, it's radical, but it is very hard to define. It's very hard to separate because you don't know who is who.

You see, if you take it into context Don is stating there is a hatred being exhibited by Islam against America, that he is not sure about yet, and he feels we need to be very vigilant and careful to figure out what is radicalisation, and what is Islam itself.

Secondly, in what name around the world are these killings happening? Can we at some point stop pretending the people murdering other people claim to be Islamic?

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Why? Why do we need to "interpret his own words in a more positive light"? Because Islam hates us?

islam hates us trump - Bing video

Don: There is an unbelievable hatred of us.

CNN: Within Islam it'self?

Don: You will have to figure that out. There is a tremendous hatred, and you will have to be very vigilant, have to be very careful.

CNN: Is there a war between the West and radical Islam? Is there a war between Islam it'self?

Don: Well, it's radical, but it is very hard to define. It's very hard to separate because you don't know who is who.

You see, if you take it into context Don is stating there is a hatred being exhibited by Islam against America, that he is not sure about yet, and he feels we need to be very vigilant and careful to figure out what is radicalisation, and what is Islam itself.

Secondly, in what name around the world are these killings happening? Can we at some point stop pretending the people murdering other people claim to be Islamic?
There are many statements and actions from Donald Trump that have been cited in this thread previous, not just the one.
But you seem to want it both ways, claiming that Trump didn't mean Islam hates us, yet explaining why we should accept that Islam hates us.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are many statements and actions from Donald Trump that have been cited in this thread previous, not just the one.
But you seem to want it both ways, claiming that Trump didn't mean Islam hates us, yet explaining why we should accept that Islam hates us.

No, just stating the same thing I have stated for months now. The entire anti-Muslim thing is made up. Even now that he went to the heart of Islam and was received in a manner no other president has ever been received, you still want to say he is anti-Muslim. Don't you think Saudi Arabia gets the news? Do you think they might have heard the same things you did? And they received him like a king in their custom, literally.

I swear Trump could find the cure for cancer, and he'd be on trial for destroying jobs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Trump meant exactly what he said. And I quote: I think Islam hates us, there is something there, that is a tremendous hatred. We have to get to the bottom of it. There is an unbelievable hatred of... us.

I mean get a clue.... is it really any stretch of the imagination to understand where he is coming from? I mean seriously. You people aren't stupid. What do you think is going on in the world right now? You're denying something that is blatantly in your face, just like everywhere.....

Are you actually trying to tell me the people below do not represent themselves as Islamic, and they love America? Where are you coming from?
16-0323-Islam.png

article-2203291-1502B1D4000005DC-573_964x708.jpg

Death-to-America.jpg

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump meant exactly what he said. And I quote: I think Islam hates us, there is something there, that is a tremendous hatred. We have to get to the bottom of it. There is an unbelievable hatred of... us.

I mean get a clue.... is it really any stretch of the imagination to understand where he is coming from? I mean seriously. You people aren't stupid. What do you think is going on in the world right now? You're denying something that is blatantly in your face, just like everywhere.....

Are you actually trying to tell me the people below do not represent themselves as Islamic, and they love America? Where are you coming from?
16-0323-Islam.png

article-2203291-1502B1D4000005DC-573_964x708.jpg

Death-to-America.jpg
Once again, what are you arguing? I take Trump at his word, other posters tell me he didn't mean Islam hates us, but you are telling me that they do, yet I am still somehow wrong for taking Trump's words literally?
What are you getting at here? Do you and I both agree that Trump both said and meant to say 'Islam hates us? and you agree with him?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And now who is bad mouthing Muslims?

The phrase "Who happen to be the very Muslims in the room with Trump" very clearly identifies specific individuals--their specific names were on the meeting roster. Attempting to characterize that phrase as a generalization is disingenuous rhetoric.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Once again, what are you arguing? I take Trump at his word, other posters tell me he didn't mean Islam hates us, but you are telling me that they do, yet I am still somehow wrong for taking Trump's words literally?
What are you getting at here? Do you and I both agree that Trump both said and meant to say 'Islam hates us? and you agree with him?
Yes... and contextually.

Trump said he did not yet know how to diferentiate. He see's actions that he views as hateful towards America, and he feels we need to get to the bottom of it. Let me break this down.

"we need to get to the bottom of it" is an idiom that means: to get an understanding of the causes of something.

The word think can also mean wonder, question, guess.....

This stuff is not difficult.

Also to consider is body posture, mannerism, what did Trump physically communicate while answering? Looking to the right in thought, palms turned up while shrugging shoulders and squinching his face. What about the tone, pitch, and drawing out of words. When statements end in a higher tone they are usually in a questioning tone.

You have to take it in context. I would take an entirely different meaning if his arms were crossed, a scowl on his face, curtly stating: I think Islam hates us. Then slaps his thigh while staring at the reporter. Totally different meaning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How do you know? I will remind you that some contributions to so-called 'charities' funding terrorist organizations came from Saudi Arabia. Not from the House of the King, but from somewhere in Saudi Arabia. And most of the 9/11 hijacker terrorist were Saudis, again not from the House of the King but they came from there.

Clearly the King is well aware of this... and has done.... what, again?

I believe King Salman will cooperate in a united front against ISIL, ISIS, al Qaida and all other terrorist groups.

I believe he would... unless he approves of their actions... and can buy off US leadership.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,528.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No, just stating the same thing I have stated for months now. The entire anti-Muslim thing is made up. Even now that he went to the heart of Islam and was received in a manner no other president has ever been received, you still want to say he is anti-Muslim. Don't you think Saudi Arabia gets the news? Do you think they might have heard the same things you did? And they received him like a king in their custom, literally.

I swear Trump could find the cure for cancer, and he'd be on trial for destroying jobs.

What? He was received in the same manner as every other president. Except for the obsequies flattering that no one else needed because they were self assured.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't think you would. You've been pretty clear on that...

I have been very clear on what I consider to be racism. But those who attack the member instead of rebutting the post probably are not going to be objective about something like that are they.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The phrase "Who happen to be the very Muslims in the room with Trump" very clearly identifies specific individuals--their specific names were on the meeting roster. Attempting to characterize that phrase as a generalization is disingenuous rhetoric.

I'll concede that point. But you haven't cut the President the same kind of slack have you.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Clearly the King is well aware of this... and has done.... what, again?

I believe he would... unless he approves of their actions... and can buy off US leadership.

I prefer to look for the best in people instead of assuming the worst. So sue me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I prefer to look for the best in people instead of assuming the worst. So sue me.
With the exception of those who don't always support Trump, perhaps? In that case is it ok to assume the worst?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll concede that point. But you haven't cut the President the same kind of slack have you.

I recall reading some historical work on communications between Kennedy and Khrushchev during the Cuban Missile Crisis. What was very apparent was the absolute critical care needed in choosing the words sent and even more care in interpreting the responses.

Presidents can't be careless in the things they say. Rough men will take their words for action.

So, you're right, I cut the president no slack.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With the exception of those who don't always support Trump, perhaps? In that case is it ok to assume the worst?

No. I have friends and family who I love very much and respect enormously who don't support the President. I don't have much respect for the words and actions of some that I see as unChristian, unfair, angry, destructive, dishonest, cruel and/or sometimes downright vicious.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I recall reading some historical work on communications between Kennedy and Khrushchev during the Cuban Missile Crisis. What was very apparent was the absolute critical care needed in choosing the words sent and even more care in interpreting the responses.

Presidents can't be careless in the things they say. Rough men will take their words for action.

So, you're right, I cut the president no slack.

Fair enough IF you applied the same standards to the previous President.

Upvote 0