Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
https://www.salon.com/2024/03/01/li...lug-dr-john-gartner-on-accelerating-dementia/

I know it's only a couple dozen health professionals and not a poll of random but how about we have a thread for trumps cognitive decline too; As was suggested way earlier.

Perhaps also an Inveatigation as to why the media isn't touching this stuff..... I gues
His most recent one is again calling Biden Obama and then talking about Argentina as if it were a person to be addressed in conversation.

That went on for a long time. It’s unethical to diagnose without assessment but my opinion I.e. ‘what I reckon’ is that the man has gone wrong.

His winding garden path stories that mix up names, places and times is exactly what my dad sounded like when he was suffering from vascular dementia.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟319,238.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I learned as early as 2016 that the doctors who treat Trump--at least the ones whose reports he shares with the media--must be either quacks or liars.

Their reports are laughably laudatory, without a bit of factual information. Even his Walter J. Reed doctor (now a Congressman) seemed to fall into this category.

When Trump had COVID, and his medical team revealed that he had been administered oxygen, Trump was angry and demanded that anyone who treated him in the hospital be forced to sign non-disclosure agreements.

What are they trying to hide?

Obviously what they're trying to hide is easily visible to any objective person watching his you tube videos.
Apropos of nothing but one of the few things the narcissist is afraid of is looking weak.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟379,473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So, not only are we wanting to investigate Trump again, this time for his cognitive abilities, but also, we want to investigate the media, for not having already investigated Trump on this.

...That's a lot of investigating.

Perhaps we need a word to describe a new Logical Fallacy, where an opponent calls for massive amounts of investigations in order to discredit a person, or 'poison a well'... Possibly even a new word in English for calling foul too much? Something to consider.

I think this would be the precursor to "lawfare"... Where it begins, but can also be applied to discredit something on it's own - not necessarily needing the law
So, not only are we wanting to investigate Trump again, this time for his cognitive abilities, but also, we want to investigate the media, for not having already investigated Trump on this.

I dont actually care about the media. I know why there is an imbalance; Republicans simply don't have a record to run on. They are inept and terrible leaders focused on character assassination who could only government out of a paper bag if a billionaire promised hefty campaign donations.
All they can do is harp on this one issue.

With Trump there are simply SO many issues that his mental capacity barely deserves a look in.

Perhaps we need a word to describe a new Logical Fallacy, where an opponent calls for massive amounts of investigations in order to discredit a person, or 'poison a well'... Possibly even a new word in English for calling foul too much? Something to consider.
Or maybe you could run a candidate with scruples.
Or are you of the opinion that Dear Leader is always innocent?

I think this would be the precursor to "lawfare"... Where it begins, but can also be applied to discredit something on it's own - not necessarily needing the law to accomplish it's desired goals.
to accomplish it's desired goals.
I'm not at all surprised Republicans are calling foul on something that Trump has been using in his crooked and dishonest business dealings for decades. But, of course only calling foul now that Democrats are doing it.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hunter. Biden.
When these tactics go on unaddressed, and recieve no resistance within a culture, even from the most educated, it's like giving it a green light to continue.

...When will we become self-aware enough, as a country, to comprehend it?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With Trump there are simply SO many issues that his mental capacity barely deserves a look in.
Yes, that's the whole point of it. So many "investigations" going on. That's the tactic that is being used. Now we admit that a "cognitive investigation" is hardly even needed, considering so much work has already been done.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟379,473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yes, that's the whole point of it. So many "investigations" going on. That's the tactic that is being used. Now we admit that a "cognitive investigation" is hardly even needed, considering so much work has already been done
To clarify; An investigation into the MEDIA isn't needed
Trump's cognitive capacity could certainly use a look in.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember the "Russian collusion" investigation? LOL.

Anyone with eyes can see what's going on here.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump's cognitive capacity could certainly use a look in.
Of course these tactics are effective in the short term. But what kind of long lasting effects will they have if we continue down this path?

Will it bring us into newer, worse areas of corruption? I think so! Sin breeds more sin, and demons like to invite other demons to their parties.

Matthew 12:43-45

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟379,473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Remember the "Russian collusion" investigation? LOL.
I remember it's tactical rebranding by Republicans, yes.

Anyone with eyes can see what's going on here.
Ahh yes. The famous line where there must be something wrong with my eyes because I think malfeasance within government is best investigated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When was the last us president that wasn't called out for having "dementia" during his presidency?

People said that Bush had dementia, and today the man is, if anything, appearing sharper than during his presidency.
Obama.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

When one becomes used to others catering to one's opinions...facts seem unfair.

I'd say it's an ad hominem against Trump....and a realization that the media has been telling him what he wants to hear....possibly. It's at least an expectation if not realization.

I think this would be the precursor to "lawfare"... Where it begins, but can also be applied to discredit something on it's own - not necessarily needing the law to accomplish it's desired goals.

I think we're already at lawfare....but I find the word odd as a replacement for institutional collapse.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I dont actually care about the media. I know why there is an imbalance; Republicans simply don't have a record to run on. They are inept and terrible leaders focused on character assassination who could only government out of a paper bag if a billionaire promised hefty campaign donations.
All they can do is harp on this one issue.

Afghanistan withdrawal. Covid mandate leading to a dangerous military shortage. Diversity requirements. Ukraine invasion. Hamas invasion. Houthi economic attacks. Monetary inflation we're told is over but price inflation continues. Illegals falsifying asylum claims and then murdering within almost a year of release. Organized illegal gangs robbing citizens. Increased crime hidden by manipulating categorical data. Loss of military recruits but continued billions in new military commitments. Educational institutions collapsing with no plan in sight except replacing them with indoctrination. Economic stagnation. GDP might be up...because of illegal labor...jobs might be up....because a record number of citizens requiring multiple jobs to survive. Record human trafficking crimes that haven't been ever seen....even after importing slaves was made illegal.

Shall I go on?

Sure sure sure....he's like a white supremacist or something, right?

Or maybe you could run a candidate with scruples.

He's probably guilty of something but good grief...it's not even looking great on the civil trials they crammed through the few who've been willing to violate ethics.

I'm not at all surprised Republicans are calling foul on something that Trump has been using in his crooked and dishonest business dealings for decades. But, of course only calling foul now that Democrats are doing it.

I understand the trepidation. He's beating Biden in places he previously lost...and if in power....some people are probably gonna be out of a job and replaced by those who know their crimes well, and pursue them vigorously. Blame the Democrats for pursuing this as poorly as they have. It should be the first step of any Republican, Trump or otherwise.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

'Venezwheregullah': scenes from Trump's North Carolina rally​

It's a common tactic for people to parrot back someone else's points (Biden denentia accusations) when they run out of original content of their own.

Maybe this is a sign that the witch hunt is almost over. Fatigue is setting in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's a common tactic for people to parrot back someone else's points (Biden denentia accusations) when they run out of original content of their own.
It's a common symptom of a cult of personality that the "idealized and heroic image of a glorious leader" cannot be tarnished by any critical evidence of flaws.

This is sometimes called "drinking the covfefe".

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a common symptom of a cult of personality that the "idealized and heroic image of a glorious leader" cannot be tarnished by any critical evidence of flaws.

This is sometimes called "drinking the covfefe".
A clever response, I can appreciate that, but for those of us who treasure the America First ideology, you can guarantee we're going to protect the man who reintroduced it - that in opposition to the man who brings us nothing.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟379,473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
A clever response, I can appreciate that, but for those of us who treasure the America First ideology, you can guarantee we're going to protect the man who reintroduced it - that in opposition to the man who brings us nothing.

"Protect the man". That should DEFINITELY be slogan for the republican party. Who cares about how awful he may be....no other republican would put America first....this brand new idea. It's Trump or nobody.

Which, of course, is another feature of a cult.

Nothing=
1709493577449.png

You're not very attentive if you confuse those two.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟122,427.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Protect the man". That should DEFINITELY be slogan for the republican party. Who cares about how awful he may be....no other republican would put America first....this brand new idea. It's Trump or nobody.

Which, of course, is another feature of a cult.

Nothing=View attachment 343587

You're not very attentive if you confuse those two.
I think the issue here might be that they believe Biden hasn't done anything because Trump keeps thinking that Obama is the current president. And they can't say that Trump is wrong.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟725,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What a ridiculous, unfounded assertion!
"
So interesting that Republicans "allege" that Biden needs the Easter bunny to lead him around....while their "oversight" committee is desperately trying to promote that he is a criminal mastermind who pocketed $5 million dollars with the help of his son Hunter.

If you really believe he is a criminal mastermind, stop this false narrative that he needs the Easter Bunny to lead him around.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.