US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
President Joe Biden claimed climate change is an “even more frightening” threat than nuclear war. National Security Council (NSC) Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby doubled down on the president’s statement, saying that Biden “absolutely” stands by his September remarks.

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Now it is the nuclear war scare tactics.... that is all Trump has is fear mongering, and people gobble it up.

I remember going through duck and cover in school in the 60's - and nothing ever happened.

Mexico will be around a lot longer that Trump will.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I compare the threats caused by a possible WW III to that of global warming, or climate change, I have no doubt that a nuclear war, aka WW III, is much more likely to happen than an existential global crisis happening due to global warming.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Global warming will cause a great deal of serious problems over time, but it won't be existential for the human race. Humans will survive.

While being a Christian I don't think humans will destroy humanity, but nothing in scripture says humans won't stink the world up really badly before Christ returns. In fact, a global situation such as described by climate change scientists would make eschatological social and political conditions even more possible.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Now it is the nuclear war scare tactics.... that is all Trump has is fear mongering, and people gobble it up.

I remember going through duck and cover in school in the 60's - and nothing ever happened.

Mexico will be around a lot longer that Trump will.
He has a point

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps just a couple of "rogue" nukes will hit somewhere strategic. Wonder what Biden would do in this scenario? Might be like the movie Sum of All Fears, but can they really know where they came from or who exactly set them off?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps just a couple of "rogue" nukes will hit somewhere strategic. Wonder what Biden would do in this scenario? Might be like the movie Sum of All Fears, but can they really know where they came from or who exactly set them off?
One might hope that all nuclear devices are catalogued and their general location known.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0