United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

BBC said:
In bringing the lawsuit against Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd, Mr Trump's legal team said the dossier contained claims that were inaccurate and breached his data protection rights.

In Thursday's ruling in London, Mrs Justice Steyn DBE said she did not make any judgement on the allegations themselves.

But she found Mr Trump's claim had not been brought within the six-year limitation period.

So he missed the filing deadline. Would it have been at all interesting had it gone to trial?

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I liked this part:
Mr Trump said the dossier continued "to cause me significant damage and distress" because people still believed it.
He added that he had not had time to sue in the UK before 2023 because he had been busy being president.

Being president - in 2021 & 2022? ^_^ But there are some Magadonians who will back that claim up - I've seen them on Youtube!

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I liked this part:
Mr Trump said the dossier continued "to cause me significant damage and distress" because people still believed it.
He added that he had not had time to sue in the UK before 2023 because he had been busy being president.

Being president - in 2021 & 2022? ^_^ But there are some Magadonians who will back that claim up - I've seen them on Youtube!

Millions of Americans still believe Mr Trump's lies and those have certainly caused much damage and distress throughout the entire world. The world should sue Mr Trump. It will be a class action suit the likes of which the world has never seen! Lol

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,580.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I dont see what should be illegal about just collecting whatever scandalous rumor you can find. Nor how it should make you civilly liable.

Reporting on it, otoh, definitely, needs to be done with care.
The EU (and the UK, which uses the same law even after Brexit), has very strict laws about the collection of personal data. I'm curious how they would have applied here, but I can definitely see the appeal of the approach.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I know he's tired of winning, but is he getting tired of losing yet?

UK judge refuses Trump’s appeal in suit related to Steele dossier

The former president had sought permission to appeal Judge Karen Steyn’s February judgement that Trump’s data privacy case — which argued that Steele harmed his reputation by peddling “egregiously inaccurate” claims about his Russian ties — lacked merit and should be thrown out. Steyn also ordered Trump to pay £300,000 in legal fees to Steele’s company, Orbis Business Intelligence, which Trump requested to be stayed.

Steele celebrated the ruling, telling CNN in a statement Friday that he is “grateful.”

“We believe this was a vexatious case, without merit which should never have been brought to the English courts,” Steele said. “We now look forward to receiving the interim payment from Donald Trump and a further costs award once the court has adjudicated the details.”

• Haha
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums