Trump Tweets from a far Right Fascist organisation then insults the UK Prime Minister

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is what it is. The people of the US vote for the best person they have to be a leader of the country and most thought Me Trump was it.

Those of us from outside the USA make our judgements of what the USA is and stands for, on the remarks of its leader..... If your inside the USA you'll have a very different view to those of us outside it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you being intentionally obtuse, or did you really not understand the clarification with the left vs right handed people? If I kept it race related, but my parents and I are also black, would that make it easier?

I understand the point you're making, but you're still wrong.

You're trying to argue that your parents weren't racist because they didn't seek to target blacks because of the color of their skin, but because of some extra layer of legal protection of which your parents perceived blacks to be the beneficiaries. Your parents wanted to filter out their potential tenants on the basis of ease-of-eviction, but because that's difficult to determine, they chose to use race as a proxy for that.

Your parents' policy may not have been racist in the sense of "we hate these people for the color of their skin", but it's still racist in that it actively, openly discriminates against people on the basis of race.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You gave example of where your parents would not rent to non-whites. That is racist behavior.

Excuse you gave was that non-whites and whites are treated differently under law, that in point of fact non-whites are treated much better. Provide evidence from reputable source to support your claim that whites can be evicted easily but non-whites cannot or admit that you are making excuses so you can fool yourself and not admit that your parents are racists.

Sorry, but having ridiculous excuse for racism is common trait among racists so I have to demand evidence.
The most important word in the english language is "why". It is the difference between killing in self defense and murder. The fact that they are treated differently under the law is WHY they made the decision they did. The law determined that they are to be treated differently. If the law was applied equally, my parents would not have cared about race.

Regarding proof of the difference in law: You are moving the goalposts now. However, I will throw this out: Where my wife used to work, over the course of her employment, they fired five people, all of which very much deserved it. Of those five, two were black and three were white. The three white firings were uneventful. The two black people both sued that they were fired because of discrimination.

In the US, you hire black people with the understanding that it may bring challenges that are not there with white, asian, etc. And that is due to fascist government policies.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, they are a far right party posting them.

And that’s actual far right, not ‘you disagreed with my opinion’ far right

Sincerely,

A. Brit
My point is that what matters is whether or not what is in the videos is accurate, not who posted them. That comes after. If the info is correct, you increase respect for the source. If it isn't, you decrease respect for the source. Not the other way around.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
My point is that what matters is whether or not what is in the videos is accurate, not who posted them. That comes after. If the info is correct, you increase respect for the source. If it isn't, you decrease respect for the source. Not the other way around.

Mmmmmyeah going to go out on a limb and suggest that if Theresa May started quoting the idiots in Charlottesville with the swastika shields there’d be more concern over the fact they’re quoting fascists than whether that Hitler had some good ideas

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
The point is Britain First generally has no respect deserved as a source, but this is the President who exacerbates two nuclear crises at the same time, and thinks that recognising Taiwan as a state and Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is nbd, who doesn’t get the notion of secure second strikes, the list goes on

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand the point you're making, but you're still wrong.

You're trying to argue that your parents weren't racist because they didn't seek to target blacks because of the color of their skin, but because of some extra layer of legal protection of which your parents perceived blacks to be the beneficiaries. Your parents wanted to filter out their potential tenants on the basis of ease-of-eviction, but because that's difficult to determine, they chose to use race as a proxy for that.

Your parents' policy may not have been racist in the sense of "we hate these people for the color of their skin", but it's still racist in that it actively, openly discriminates against people on the basis of race.
I absolutely agree. However, now we are talking about the definition of words as they apply to a specific decision as opposed to "are they racist people?". The word "racist", depending on context, doesn't really always have any negative baggage attached. Kind of like the word "discrimination". I did that when I chose my wife, my car, my house, and which restaurant to eat at yesterday.

Depending on the laws of your particular country, sometime the government gives you strong incentive to discriminate based on race, but it doesn't make you a racist.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point is Britain First generally has no respect deserved as a source, but this is the President who exacerbates two nuclear crises at the same time, and thinks that recognising Taiwan as a state and Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is nbd, who doesn’t get the notion of secure second strikes, the list goes on
If you're gonna make an omelette, you have to break some eggs. I'm tired of weak politicians that are making the same mistakes that were made before WWII. Appeasement out of fear is not the adult answer.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If you're gonna make an omelette, you have to break some eggs. I'm tired of weak politicians that are making the same mistakes that were made before WWII. Appeasement out of fear is not the adult answer.

Well, a war with China and the rest of the Middle East sure would be some broken eggs.

• Haha
Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

It would help if Trump actually knew how to cook an omelette. The problem is his stupendous level of ignorance, propped up by his fanboys and fangirls who can’t handle the fact that not all opinions are created equal and their opinions don’t have equal merit to those who actually know what they’re talking about.

But do go on - which pre-WW2 mistake is being made exactly?

Demonising another group of people as if that will solve your domestic problems?

Building up more weapons because you think that can stop someone from using theirs?

Messing arbitrarily with the borders of other nations?

Trump’s prat-fallen into all of those, so yes, perhaps weak politicians should stop making those sorts of mistakes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mmmmmyeah going to go out on a limb and suggest that if Theresa May started quoting the idiots in Charlottesville with the swastika shields there’d be more concern over the fact they’re quoting fascists than whether that Hitler had some good ideas
Well, if what they said was true, you bet. That's the thing. When someone quotes the information from some source and, rather than discuss what the source said, people want to discuss the quality of the source, they are practicing agumentum ad-hominem. Now, when the source is the point, that's different. i.e. hitler was a vegetarian. If I'm arguing vegetarianism and quote something hitler said about it, I'm trolling.:)

I think Trump was trolling, and it seemed to work.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, if what they said was true, you bet. That's the thing.

Yes, and maybe as a sitting head of state, Trump should have put some thought into who he was tweeting and whether or not it was actually true, because it arguably isn’t. Of course, if he’d actually thought about it, he wouldn’t have tweeted it.

When someone quotes the information from some source and, rather than discuss what the source said, people want to discuss the quality of the source, they are practicing agumentum ad-hominem.

Or maybe, as you’ve already suggested, people have repeatedly evaluated that source of information and found it lacking, and Trump, shockingly, is ignorant of that repeated evaluation. We don’t have to reinvent the wheel each and every time a source is cited and a head of state has an responsibility to act on the information that’s already out there on a matter.

It isn’t an ad hom to point out that a source is consistently full of crap and maybe you shouldn’t be repeating them if the source has regularly demonstrated itself to be full of crap. I’m not going to go to young-earth-creationists for biology tips.

I guess you’ve also missed the dozens of news pieces doing exactly what Trump should have done and analysed whether the information he was passing on was actually true or not.

I think Trump was trolling, and it seemed to work.

The only thing sadder than a LOL I TROLL U defence is when someone else feels the need to make it on behalf of someone else.

Equally, you can’t have it both ways. If Trump is just trolling, then why do we need to take his sources - and by extension, him - seriously? “LOL HE TROLL U” just means the Britain First dimwits and half of the other garbage Trump emits can be dismissed even more readily.

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, a war with China and the rest of the Middle East sure would be some broken eggs.
Yep. And it is important to not act out of fear. They are quite aware it would break some eggs on their side as well. I like what Reagan said: "No country was ever attacked because they were too powerful." And that is not just about arms. It is about will.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would help if Trump actually knew how to cook an omelette. The problem is his stupendous level of ignorance, propped up by his fanboys and fangirls who can’t handle the fact that not all opinions are created equal and their opinions don’t have equal merit to those who actually know what they’re talking about.

But do go on - which pre-WW2 mistake is being made exactly?

Demonising another group of people as if that will solve your domestic problems?

Building up more weapons because you think that can stop someone from using theirs?

Messing arbitrarily with the borders of other nations?

Trump’s prat-fallen into all of those, so yes, perhaps weak politicians should stop making those sorts of mistakes.
Trump is a businessman. He doesn't know how to do the jobs of the people under him. It is important that THEY know how to do their jobs when called to do so. And one sign of a great leader is his willingness to listen to his advisors. I've seen changes in Trump's style in ways that cause me to believe he definitely is listening, but still doing things mostly the trump way.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and maybe as a sitting head of state, Trump should have put some thought into who he was tweeting and whether or not it was actually true, because it arguably isn’t. Of course, if he’d actually thought about it, he wouldn’t have tweeted it.
I think you are projecting, and missing why he does it. I think he IS thinking, and getting exactly the results he wanted.

Upvote 0