Trump Tweets from a far Right Fascist organisation then insults the UK Prime Minister

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hey, something on which we agree. I was kind of blindsided by this whole flip-flop on the CIA and the "Deep State", too. A few years ago when W & Co were using the CIA to waterboard Al Qaeda, the right thought these guys were heroes and the left thought they were monsters who couldn't find a legit terrorist if one hit them in the face with a suicide belt. But now that Trump doesn't trust the CIA and the spooks are leaking transcripts to the press, everything's backwards.

I'm used to partisanship from political hacks, just like Wikileaks became evil when they kept leaking after Obama took over. However, the complete silence about the drone attacks by the media annoys me because it's such an obvious lie by omission.

I don’t see why people wouldn’t be interested in bringing this up seeing as Trump signed off on it, not least because he hates the intelligence services and whined about interventionism. It’s hypocritical as well as continuing what Obama did (and given his ego on that one, you’d think he’d stop droning people if only because Obama did it plenty).

Perhaps Trump is too much of a lolcow to focus on literally every screw-up he makes?

People over here still cling to the delusion that Trump is going to get ousted before 2020 or a heart attack takes him. Therefore, the enemy of my enemy is a friend mentality. Well, that, and Bezos, who owns the WaPo. has business dealings with the CIA via Amazon re: cloud storage, etc. So I imagine that might make a bit of conflict of interest for them in particular.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm used to partisanship from political hacks, just like Wikileaks became evil when they kept leaking after Obama took over.

And became good to the people who originally thought they were evil, don’t forget.

However, the complete silence about the drone attacks by the media annoys me because it's such an obvious lie by omission.

I still think the Trump = max lolcow thesis has legs - yes, drone attacks are lousy, but it’s not like it’s the most destabilising thing he’s doing on the foreign policy front right now ^_^

People over here still cling to the delusion that Trump is going to get ousted before 2020 or a heart attack takes him.

He will if he keeps eating Filet-o-Fishes two at a time.

Seriously I think that’s the biggest proof we could ever get that he’s a Russian agent, no-one likes the filet-o-fish. If they think they do, THEY’RE WRONG. I know it’s their opinion, but their opinion is wrong.

Therefore, the enemy of my enemy is a friend mentality. Well, that, and Bezos, who owns the WaPo. has business dealings with the CIA via Amazon re: cloud storage, etc. So I imagine that might make a bit of conflict of interest for them in particular.

Eh, it’s not like the CIA will stamp their feet and refuse to help if they get criticised, it’s not like they didn’t ignore all the criticism that came out from the Snowden leaks.

Fair point on Bezos at least

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism