Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He's acting like a spoiled child with this whole "National Emergency" thing so he and maybe his party, can have his wall... He could have explored ways of doing it, (increasing border security and not necessarily a "wall") with getting the one half, to one third of the money that he wanted, but no, like a spoiled child he "used" the whole "national emergency" thing to get what he wanted, and maybe for politics or political reasons maybe, and maybe like a spoiled child, just to show he can or could, but they are ultimately selfish ones anyway... and no, none of this is about the "people" at all...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please forgive me. I do not understand your question as written. Can you clarify please? Thanks.

Ohhhhhh 'think'. NVM I will get back to you in an edit.
Fixed it. Sorry.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not correcting your post, I'm guessing you meant think? If so. it's a simple typo no biggie. I will address it assuming it as such.

Because Trump already has and is doing better. Allot of what is and will be done is impossible to completely consider before key obstructionist of the swamp are removed. There is still an ongoing campaign to disrupt, discredit and block Trump's accomplishments.
We definitely disagree on Trimp’s motives.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The irony here is it's going to be the GOP that shuts Donald down.

Declaring an emergency doesn't make the money actually appear; in order to shuffle the money around, Donald is going to have to pull the funding from other military projects... most of which are in red states.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Funny that people accuse Obama of an unconstitutional presidency yet support Trump is using national emergency powers to get money denied him by Congress.

It's not funny so much as totally expected and of no surprise.

Oh, by far in this country's political environment Republicans aren't the only ones to have one standard for themselves and another for the opposing party; the only reason I tend to comment way more on conservatives' hypocrisy is that, as a Christ-believer myself, I would expect the party that generally claims Christianity and the moral high ground to be setting the better example.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
bamboozler in chief.jpg

Donald said he didn't need to declare an emergency, but did it anyway to keep the undocumented immigrants out & all. Then flew on taxpayer expense down to play golf in Florida at one of the resorts he owns that has hired undocumented immigrants. With all that golfing & eating omelettes & all I guess it he just didn't have the time to pay respects to the victims of the latest gun massacre in the US.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There should be something wrong, and maybe even perhaps or is, or should be "illegal" even with declaring a "national emergency" when there was not one, and he himself even admits that it wasn't and there wasn't... And, by the way, almost everyone else thinks so too, because they think there clearly was not and is not... Which is probably the only reason Trump admits it... Anyway...

No one should be or think they are above the law, not and even most especially the President of the United States, those are most usually called Dictators not Presidents...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There should be something wrong, and maybe even perhaps or is, or should be "illegal" even with declaring a "national emergency" when there was not one, and he himself even admits that it wasn't and there wasn't... And, by the way, almost everyone else thinks so too, because they think there clearly was not and is not... Which is probably the only reason Trump admits it... Anyway...

No one should be or think they are above the law, not and even most especially the President of the United States, those are most usually called Dictators not Presidents...

God Bless!
Most kids learn at a very early age that dialing 911 when there is no emergency is wrong.

Somehow, the President of the United States is yet to figure this one out.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most kids learn at a very early age that dialing 911 when there is no emergency is wrong.

Somehow, the President of the United States is yet to figure this one out.

Mind if I quote this one on Facebook, GoldenBoy?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now cite the specific examples that were done after the congress explicitly didn't do what the president wanted when they deliberated on the exact subject and passed legislation to address it.

Crickets.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's no wonder we are in the condition that we are in.

M-Bob

Yes, with the Trump companies having illegal immigrants on their payroll for over a decade and in the latest oops, his nomination for UN Ambassador had to withdraw because she hired an immigrant without a work visa.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is so dead set on a "wall", politics I guess... What irritates me is there are far much more better, and much more effective ways, and most importantly "cheaper" ways to increase border security, even more effectively than a wall, but he won't even consider them, cause this whole "gotta be a wall" issue/thing has become politics and a political issue now...

God Bless!

...it's pure political rhetoric playing on people's nationalists tendency to blame the immigrant for our own problems.

It's quite simple:

If Trump were really concerned about illegal immigration, E-Verify would be mandatory across all fifty states.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You keep forgetting the word conspiracy. There doesn't have to be any physical action just a conspiracy to do so. Read it.

You read it. There’s no conspiracy. There’s no conspiracy for insurrection or domestic violence.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You read it. There’s no conspiracy. There’s no conspiracy for insurrection or domestic violence.

I Will point out yet again, only one more time before I know you not just being obstinate...

The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to suppress
, constituted authorities that are unable to enforce, fail, refuse, opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

Just by refusing to enforce, failing to enforce, or obstructing the enforcement of American law is grounds. So is conspiracy to do so. No actual, physical action is required. Just by not enforcing immigration laws and by obstructing them Trump has legal grounds already passed by congress.

AND

He can march in troops, arrest or "suppress" the offenders. In order to use the military to enforce those laws.

AND

He can detain or jail the offenders without representation, due-process, or miranda rights as an enemy combatant/domestic terrorist, and judge them outside of civil authorities in a military tribunal where the entire oversight is the executive branch. Being the DOD, DHS, and the Commander in Chief.

Thanks Obama, :oldthumbsup: A police state, just what we always wanted in America....

Remember, this authority is already passed by congress. It is enacted.

Trump to declare National Emergency -- getting some of that wall

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. But if they're used it is curious they'd be withdrawn in the middle of a national emergency : US starts to withdraw troops from Trump border mission

The U.S. this week will begin withdrawing many of the active duty troops sent to the border with Mexico by President Donald Trump just before the midterm election in response to a caravan of Central American migrants, U.S. officials said Monday.

About 2,200 of the active duty troops will be pulled out before the holidays, the officials said, shrinking an unusual domestic deployment that was viewed by critics as a political stunt and a waste of military resources.

Just another way this isn't adding up - this isn't the behavior one would expect if there were an actual national emergency.
Everyone, including cynical Donald himself*, knows this isn't an emergency in the actual, rather than political, sense of the word. Donald's base doesn't seem to care. So much for federal overreach and states' rights.

*"I didn't have to do this, but it's faster"

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0