Trump to almost for sure end the Dreamers Program (illegal immigrants)

If the Dreamers program is shut down.....

• ...then I am all for it. We have laws for a reason.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • ...then I am unsure what to think. I have mixed feelings.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • ...then this is horrible, all these people wanted was to stay in the country they were born.

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
His personal life decisions are irrelevant. Trump defended Christian marriage when he appointed a Supreme Court justice that will uphold the sanctity of marriage.
Since when did personal life decisions become irrelevant, in Christianity?

Is this a new thing?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since when did personal life decisions become irrelevant, in Christianity?

Is this a new thing?

Only when it comes to excusing Trump's degenerate behavior apparently. It's truly astonishing and ironic how so many of his right-wing evangelical Christian supporters unashamedly defend him and even attempt to either justify or dismiss his immoral behavior. It's even more perplexing when some of his evangelical Christian supporters refer to him as a man of integrity or a good man.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,448,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's fine. They all need to be exported, they don't belong here.

A smart country exports goods and services while importing people already trained with another country's public resources. I'm sure there are plenty of countries who would take in highly motivated young people that have already received an American education.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,132,096.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
tumblr_lzvap7yJxh1r4mxt2.gif
If you really believe Trump nominated Gorsuch to uphold "the sanctity of marriage" there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

In the first place, that issue has been ruled on in a 5-4 decision. Gay marriage is the law of the land.

No, Trump nominated Gorsuch because he wanted a justice who would dismantle our individual constitutional rights and continually favor the business community over everyday Americans--allowing deregulation that might poison our water and air, uphold unsafe factory conditions, allow the sale of food and medicine that might be unsafe, etc. Perhaps to allow people like himself to get eminent domain over your property to build a hotel...

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If you really believe Trump nominated Gorsuch to uphold "the sanctity of marriage" there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

In the first place, that issue has been ruled on in a 5-4 decision. Gay marriage is the law of the land.

No, Trump nominated Gorsuch because he wanted a justice who would dismantle our individual constitutional rights and continually favor the business community over everyday Americans--allowing deregulation that might poison our water and air, uphold unsafe factory conditions, allow the sale of food and medicine that might be unsafe, etc. Perhaps to allow people like himself to get eminent domain over your property to build a hotel...
Or Pfizer.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If they are here illegally, yes
So, they are a criminal if they are here illegally.

And a criminal is someone who has committed a crime.

So, at the time brought here, this 1 year-old committed a crime. What's the name of the charge we give to this 1 year-old?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, they are a criminal if they are here illegally.

And a criminal is someone who has committed a crime.

So, at the time brought here, this 1 year-old committed a crime. What's the name of the charge we give to this 1 year-old?

Being an illegal alien. I don't understand why it's hard to understand all illegals no matter the age have broken the law. All illegals need to be deported, period.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Being an illegal alien. I don't understand why it's hard to understand all illegals no matter the age have broken the law. All illegals need to be deported, period.
So, by being brought here against their will (and really knowledge of what they are "doing"), they have broken the law?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,477.00
Faith
Seeker

So when Trumo said that 'we're not after the dreamers, we're after the criminals', what did he mean, exactly?

• Useful
Reactions: Non sequitur
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And what is wrong with prioritizing the limited enforcement resources by focusing on criminals and the like?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The analogy that I have recently heard to describe the situation is that if you owe the bank a hundred thousand dollars, that is your problem. But if you owe the bank one hundred million dollars, that is the bank's problem.
By allowing illegal aliens to stay in the country for over half their life, the government in effect owns the problem now. Proper enforcement of borders and over-stays and things like e-verify to ensure that all hires are legal, and that all students in all schools are legitimately attending their schools, shifts the burden onto the illegals alone. That kind of enforcement makes it the illegal immgrants problem. and takes the profit out of their illegal activity.
However by cooperating with the illegals until they have built a life in America, the government in effect legitimizes them, and makes them functionally legal.

The fact that the government -and businesses- has been cooperating with the cheaters in order to flood the market with cheap labor, and thereby keep labour costs low and profit margins high makes the government complicit in the illegal acts of the immigrant cheats.

It is not an impossible task to control the border and to control illegal immigration. Just by talking tough, and nothing more, Trump has been able to take a huge chunk out of the flow of illegal immigrants.

That sells well enough to the base and to a majority of Americans who really do want a nation of laws and fairness in the immigration assessment system.
All of a sudden though, even Trump is starting talk like the establishment politicians of the GOP and Dems, and talk with his heart. This is really not compassion talking, is it?. The same people that benefit from a huge pool of cheap workers with no legal rights to be in the country and thereby no avenue to demand rights from their employers, are also the financiers of any politicians election hopes.
Having a 'heart' for this pool of labor really 'hearts' the pockets of these loving politicians.

America's illegal immigration problem would have ended yesterday if their was the political will to end it. Instead the politicians own it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If I said Obama was the most pro-LGBT president would you understand what I meant and agree or would you nonsensicallly reply "Obama may be pandering to LGBT people but he isn't one?"
False Equivalence. Christianity is a Religion being LGBT is not a Religion.

LOL! Trump supports the sanctity of marriage
he doesn't.

the freedom to choose medical reproductive decisions (such as contraception)
Under Obama this wasn't the case?

the right of citizens to be protected from immigrant crime.
Because Immigrants Committing Civil Crime were not being protected somehow under Obama?

the freedom to choose health insurance plans
you still did under Obama era.

a military focused on defending our country instead of conducting social experiments to appease LGBT supporters.
Obama didn't successfully defend the country?

Obama was pro-gay marriage
And so is Trump

Trump is pro Gay Marriage.

pro-illegal immigration.
Not true, in fact Deportation records were quite high under Obama. Being Pro DACA does not mean being pro Illegal Immigration.

anti-choice (forced Christian employers to cover contraception in violation of Christian teaching).
You're suddenly against Personal Choice?

What has Obama done that is Christian?
First he acted Mature and Respected others. Didn't act like a petulant child, the Bible Teaches about Wisdom and understanding when you're wrong and Trump has none of that.
How can you call somebody a Christian if they can't even respect others who disagree with you?

Not all Christians are Anti-LGBT and Anti-Immigration nor against DACA.

Religious Freedom also means Personal Religious Freedom not an organization controlling your beliefs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

existing is a crime? Funny, I thought you actually had to do something to commit a crime...

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You only had one post just before my comment. Tough to keep up, no?
Still trying to deflect. Why not answer point I make?

When Trump brag about sexual assault women or when Trump brag about trying to have intercourse with married woman is Trump setting good or bad example for children?

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A smart country exports goods and services while importing people already trained with another country's public resources. I'm sure there are plenty of countries who would take in highly motivated young people that have already received an American education.
Other countries already preparing to snatch up valuable assets as they thrown away.

Canada should welcome up to 30,000 DACA young people

'This is America's loss but it could be Canada's gain,' says Ontario Sen. Ratna Omidvar

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sucks for the kids to suffer the displacement afterwards, but that anger shouldn't fall on Trump or any other member of government; their parents and/or relative(s) made that decision when they broke the law.
What about those Americans that employed them?

Upvote 0