• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Trump suggests delaying election, warns mail-in ballots to result in ‘INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT’ vote

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Michie, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,912
    Anglican
    Married
    Right. That's probably all the information we need.

2. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,490
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    I disagree. As I said, he will not be getting my vote this time. You are, of course, free to vote for him if you like.

3. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,211
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    So Trump brings to table corruption, nepotism, useless rhetoric, mumbojumbo quackery with anti science, failed diplomacy abroad with literally everyone, divided nation, crashed economy, cut social care, cut environmental protection, thin skin, huge ego and stupidity.

What does that leave for Biden ?

4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,761
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    What you are saying is you do not like Trump. What I am saying is what kind of a nation do you want, that is much more important than personalities.

5. Jonathan Walkerin

+2,211
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    So you want a nation that Trump has been striving for.

Divided, techno illiterate, nepotistic, corrupted, diplomatically shunned, closed, populist.

I could care less that Trump brags about grabbing genitals if he was a competent leader with vices.

Unfortunately he is incompetent leader with vices.

6. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,554
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Gee, isn't this the type of government Biden set up ?

Buying friends like the Ukraine in giving them $1 billion in aid and getting his son a job with the most corrupt company on earth, is the kind of nepotism and political favors given to despots in order to be popular, is the kind of government Biden has given us over the past 47 years.

Lets not forget, he supported NAFTA and the G-8, which sent jobs overseas during the 90's and early on in 2000.

Trump trashing NAFTA and the trade agreements with China, are the first time a person in government fights for the American workers.

7. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+12,337
    Christian
    Married
    Funny that I can't find any US-made N-95 masks on US shelves.

8. JimR-OCDS

+1,554
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    N-95 masks are sent to healthcare institutions like hospitals and front line people.

We citizens don't need N-95 mask, but can get by with regular cloth mask.

Fact is, here in MA, Governor Baker ended up sending ventilators and masks to New York when they were at their peak, because of the flood of equipment that came in from companies and the feds.

Other states that are now having a surge in cases, failed to order the supplies needed and Trump early on told the Governors to negotiate with the private companies first, because he didn't want to start a bidding war between the Feds and the States.

9. JimR-OCDS

+1,554
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    [STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Trump gave tax cuts to corporations and for me was wrong, especially when he increased spending.

However, Biden gave away $1 billion to the Ukrainian Government which at the time was known as the most corrupt government on earth.

I also opposed Trump gutting Obamacare. I was on Obamacare and it saved my life, so I opposed Trump's gutting it and to me, he's failed to come up with a replacement for healthcare which he promised back in 2016

That being said, you have to give credit when credit is due and criticize when they do the wrong thing

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2020
  10. RDKirk

+12,337
    Christian
    Married
    Cloth masks are drivel that I've ranted about in other threads. If the nation is going to get back into operation, everyone needs access to effective PPE.

Trump failed in getting the nation to ramp up to the national requirement. That was his responsibility as a he called himself a "wartime president."

That is precisely how you start a bidding war between the fed and the states. The way to avoid a bidding war is for the feds to coordinate state requirements between the states and with suppliers.

11. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+34,542
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Whataboutism with an insult thrown in for good measure always works.

12. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+34,542
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others

13. JimR-OCDS

+1,554
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    BTW, it wasn't Trump calling for a delay in the election, but the Democratic Governors of states who are calling for mail-in-voting, to delay the election results so they'll have time to sort through all the mailed in ballots.

Trump in his statement, questioned this.

14. JimR-OCDS

+1,554
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    The public doesn't need N-95 masks as both the medical experts and the governor of my State, Charley Baker, have stated.

15. RDKirk

+12,337
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, we do, because it's impossible to get the cooperation of all Americans to wear masks to protect others. Protecting yourself is the only effective option to be protected.

16. Jonathan Walkerin

+2,211
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    He tweeted :

“With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”

So you think because he put three question marks there he did not propose to delay the election ?

You can also link the Democratic governors that want to delay the vote ?

Nice to see who they are.

Or was this bit more of alternate facts as opposed to reality ?

17. JimR-OCDS

+1,554
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Regular cloth mask protect the people

N95 mask are available for hospital workers and front line workers.

People going to the grocery store don't need an N95 mask

18. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,853
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
  19. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,853
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    In the English language, the question mark means the previous words are asking a question.

is he not allowed to ask questions?

There is a difference between asking a question and making a proposal. The question indicates he is looking for replies and input.

20. Jonathan Walkerin

+2,211
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    You are not seriously naive enough to believe that ?

Since I put in a question mark it totally indicates that I do not necessarily believe this is so but rather I am looking for a reply and input.