• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Trump suggests delaying election, warns mail-in ballots to result in ‘INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT’ vote

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Michie, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on... Supporter

+3,315
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  2. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+12,338
    Christian
    Married
    I am warning everyone I know not to mail in their ballots.

There are shenanigans afoot with regard to mail-in ballots, from one side or the other or both.

This election is too important to risk on voting novelties. Black people suffered too hard to gain the power to vote, and wasting their effort for the sake of convenience would be a sin.

3. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+1,312
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    to be honest i have doubts about that

4. Quartermaine

+1,312
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    he doesn't want to delay the election, he wants to sow seeds a mythical election fraud. He sees the writing on the wall and knows he will be a one term president so at best he is setting up an excuse to protect his ego and at worst to discredit the country itself. The man has worked tirelessly to divide the country and cause it harm, setting up a lie that the election was invalid is icing on the cake.

5. Quartermaine

+1,312
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    wow that is a scathing response to the actual points made in the article.

6. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,761
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Man does he know how to play them, he is a master.

7. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+2,103
    Non-Denom
    Then I'd have to say every country in the world is trying to make it more difficult for minorities to vote which I don't believe is true. I'm not American and have worked in elections in my country. I don't see anything the Republicans are insisting upon that are really out of the norm.

8. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,314
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The next sentence is notable! --

"But Trump has no authority to delay a general election. The Constitution gives Congress the power to set the date for elections."

(From the OP link:
    Trump suggests delaying election, warns mail-in ballots to result in ‘INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT’ vote)

9. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,314
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    double post removed

10. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,554
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    He sure does no how to play the media and the democrats

Think about it, who have we been talking about for the past three days ?

Trump.

Come November, people will not remember anything he tweeted

11. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+34,546
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  12. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,912
    Anglican
    Married
    He's been the target of unending hate coming in various forms from politicians, the media, and celebrities, for four years...

and this is supposed to be something that he's arranged because it's so good for him???

:dead:

13. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,554
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Trump doesn't care whom he insults or what they say against him. According to Gov Chris Christie, who has known Trump for a long time, he said on This Week With George Stephanpoulos "this is the way Donald Trump has always been, and he's not going to change."

Lets not forget how Trump attacked Obama and kept the Birther Issue going for 10 years. We can't blame others for attacking Trump now.

I can't support his insults, but at the same time it's often his response to being attacked first. He seems to be thin skinned.

Biden, is a career politician and if he were president now, we'd still be waiting to see enough ventilators and PPE's made to support the need.

I give credit to Trump for managing the pandemic better than a career politician could ever do.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  14. Quartermaine

+1,312
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    if only he had directed his efforts to something other than a hate based lie.

15. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+2,980
    Methodist
    This President makes these politically inflammatory comments to divert public attention and then he walks them back, accusing his critics of overreacting - after almost 4 years we've already seen this page out of his playbook several times!

Given the 50 million unemployed, 70,000 testing positive and over a 1,000 dying from COVID-19 daily, perhaps America would be better served by a President who committed his time to solving problems, not creating them!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. disciple Clint

+1,761
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Please tell us what problems Mr Biden solved in his entire political career.

17. disciple Clint

+1,761
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I see several post sighting how elections have been conducted on time through out the years and that may be true but none of those elections were conducted on a national basis by mail. I hope everyone understands that if Trump is correct and this election experiences numerous problems, it is entirely reasonable to expect that the results will be in doubt and will be facing numerous legal challenges that could end up in the results not being decided for who knows how long and until those results are officially decided Trump will remain in office. Do you still think you want to ignore what he is saying?

18. disciple Clint

+1,761
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Take a close look at the options, forget the personalities for a moment (I know it is hard to do) and look at which side is going to provide you with the kind of America that you want. There are totally different concepts of what our nation should be and how or if it should change.

19. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,490
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    Trump lost me when he said COVID was just going to disappear. In my opinion he has done a horrible job dealing with this virus.

20. disciple Clint

+1,761
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    He has actually done a better job than he gets credit for. The msm will not say anything good about Trump, it just will not happen. We also have to consider that some of the information that he got from his experts left much to be desired early in the game. We could all do better now that we know the facts.