• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Trump suggests delaying election, warns mail-in ballots to result in ‘INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT’ vote

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Michie, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+32,429
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    From the article-

Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???' Trump tweeted

President Trump on Thursday floated the possibility of delaying November’s general election, in a fiery new warning about the implications of mail-in ballots.

In a tweet in which he claimed that the practice on a "universal" scale would lead to “the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history,” Trump suggested: “Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”

The president’s tweet comes 96 days before the Nov. 3 election, and with early voting in some states starting in just two months. It also comes as the coronavirus pandemic continues unabated, with new cases of the virus spiking in many states. Trump’s suggestion coincided too with the federal government reporting on Thursday the worst economic contraction in the nation’s history, as the pandemic has flattened much of the economy and attempted moves by states to revive their economies have been hampered by a surge in new coronavirus cases.

Continued below.
    Trump suggests delaying election, warns mail-in ballots to result in ‘INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT’ vote

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,344
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Trump merely put forth the question, he himself can't change the date of the election.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,103
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Neither can he remain in office longer without being reelected.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on... Supporter

+3,251
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    And he is absolutely correct.

5. Michie

+32,429
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  6. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,474
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others

That is enough to trigger the left. Get ready! Trump is a tyrant type messages.

7. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+903
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    evidence?

8. Sistrin

+3,251
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The history of the Democrat Party.

9. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,057
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    We had a Presidential election during the Civil War are we got through it. We had another during World War II and it went off alright. I think we will get through this one. Oh, and why would Mr. Trump want to delay the election? He’s the one who said that COVID was going to “just disappear.”

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  10. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+2,082
    Christian
    Married
    Amen.. I just read today more were caught in reguards to "mail in ballots". Mail in ballots is not something new. But just look into to how much fraud has taken place regarding them is shocking. And some in the media never bring that up when talking about it. Theres been over 1071 cases against voter fraud.

As of June 26th 2020 "1 in 5 Ballots Rejected as Fraud Is Charged in N.J. Mail-In Election". And what we think since this is about TRUMP 2020 it wont be bad at all?

11. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+6,630
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Not the whole NJ election. One contest. Charges have been filed by the State. While voter fraud is unusual, it has happened in person as well, and there's no obvious difference in how easy it is to do.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,057
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    We had almost no reported fraud in West Virginia. One postman was arrested for changing ballot requests from Democrat to Republican. That only involved 8 ballots.

West Virginia AG: Mail Carrier Changed 8 Absentee Voter Ballot Requests.

13. hedrick

+6,630
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Here's an article on the case: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0466de-ca99-11ea-91f1-28aca4d833a0_story.html. The fraud didn't involve 20% of the vote, by the way. Most of the 20% were rejected for routine reasons. It appears that because of the allegations of fraud, checks were more careful than typical. Many of them were rejected because signatures didn't appear to match. But it's very unlikely that the people doing the comparison were actually handwriting experts. I've got to wonder how many of those rejections were right. I'm concerned that the real problem may have been hypercareful checks.

If this was typical of the election, I think there are issues. Rejecting 20% of the votes is a problem, in my view. But not because 20% of the ballots were fraudulent. That's very unlikely. But because 20% of the people didn't get to vote.

This article One in 10 Ballots Rejected in Last Month’s Vote-by-Mail Elections | NJ Spotlight says that statewide 10% were rejected, "A database provided by the state Division of Elections shows more than a dozen reasons for rejecting ballots. Most commonly, officials did not count ballots because the signature on the ballot did not match the one on file, the ballot arrived too late or the required certificate was not enclosed."

That's a higher fraction that I would have expected. I doubt it's mostly due to fraud, but I'm still concerned. Indeed Washington Post is concerned that this may tend to bias the election against young and minority voters. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...th-mail-in-ballots-they-might-not-be-counted/.

I also think that older voters who might not be willing to come in person might be willing to vote by mail. This would tend to increase voting among a group that tends to be Republican.

In summary, my concern about mail ballots is that it will tend to favor Trump.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,474
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Walmart - stand in line - OK
    BLM Protests - thousands in close quarters - perfectly fine
    Bars - no problem
    Packed beaches - ok

Voting - can't do it!

15. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+903
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    so no evidence, you're just telling yourself a little story to make you feel better.

16. Sistrin

+3,251
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I know the history of the Democrat Party.

17. Michie

+32,429
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  18. Michie

+32,429
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  19. hedrick

+6,630
    Presbyterian
    Single
  20. Lord Give Me A Sign

Lord Give Me A Sign Newbie

+287
    Christian
    Single
    I don't like Trump at all but the left and he himself has combined to make...himself public enemy number one

I think he has a point about mail in ballots but i do believe both sides are doing all they can do to give themselves an upper hand. Republicans have a history of making it more difficult for minorities to vote

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List