Trump said ‘almost all models predicted’ Dorian would hit Alabama. He’s wrong.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, almost all models did not show Dorian hitting Alabama
Armed with spaghetti models and a Sharpie-doctored map, President Donald Trump defended his efforts to declare that once upon a time, Alabama was poised to face Hurricane Dorian’s wrath.

He even went so far as to say that there was a 95% chance that Alabama was on the hurricane’s path.

But Trump’s receipts don’t check out. This is the story of how the president mangled government models of the storm to blow the forecast way out of proportion and misinform Americans.

The White House did not answer our questions
tulc(this is President Trumps 104th pants on fire) :wave:

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Me thinks you really out to get to the computer to post your newest thread BEFORE the outrage of the day has been disproved--as is the case with this one.
Someone has proven that almost all (95%) of the models showed Alabama in the path?

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
trump had a biden moment. lol.
I agree and most would've laughed it off and moved on. Except Trump was unwilling to accept the laughing it off part and decided to double-down by producing a sharpie-altered chart as proof of his blunder being true. He made the situation worse by faking a report.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, almost all models did not show Dorian hitting Alabama
tulc(this is President Trumps 104th pants on fire) :wave:

It is really quite simple...trump chose not to go to Poland in order to monitor Dorian. The reality is that he may have been too involved with his golfing and tweet storm because obviously at the time of his "Alabama" tweet the situation was known to have changed...so much for monitoring!

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The National Hurricane Center forecast on Sunday when Trump tweeted Dorian would hit Alabama:

EDp3z2XWkAAbdJp

Then Trump doubles down and thus turns a mistake into foolish ignorance, putting it as politely as I can manage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mornin' tulc,

Yes, and now the GOP is working to quash all Republican contenders by dong away with primary and caucus voting.

The whole world shall follow after the beast and the false prophet.

It's really not a total stretch to consider the U.S. as the beast and Donald Trump the false prophet. In a couple of weeks we're supposed to see this 'covenant' that the Trump administration wants to make with Israel.

I really don't have any problem understanding the U.S. could possibly be the beast. We did, in fact, rise up out of the sea. We are, of all the nations upon the earth, the nation that prides itself as being a melting pot of all the peoples of the earth. No other nation has it's national identity entwined with all of the nations of the earth. Most theologians do agree that 'rising up out of the sea', is a metaphor for coming up out of the people.

False prophet? Well, if the false prophet is going to speak blasphemies and lies, we've certainly got one. Might want to watch and see, if this covenant comes about, that President Trump goes to Israel and stands on 'the wing of the temple'. I would say that President Trump's testimony concerning forgiveness and God and how he 'eats his little bread and drinks his little juice' certainly is blasphemous testimony to who God is.

I'm just putting this out there for all born again believers to see. We'll have to keep watch, but there are some events that could very, very quickly support such an understanding. I'm honestly anxious to see this 'peace agreement' that the President and his staff have been working on.

I fully realize that there are those who will deny these things as possible, but I'm pretty confident that when the prophecies of the Scriptures do begin to be fulfilled, there will be people, even christians, who will deny that it is happening. I'm reminded of Jesus' speaking in the temple. His very first public introduction to the people of God was his reading the very words of Isaiah and telling those in attendance that they were witnessing that prophecy being fulfilled before their very eyes. Yet, I think it obvious when we get to the cross that very, very few, if any, that were in attendance that day believed Jesus' words.

The Scriptures speak of a strong delusion that might even effect the elect, had God not cut short those days. So, I can't imaging that this delusion that might even be taken in by the elect if it was to continue, won't surely be accepted by many of those who hold to the title of christian. Jesus spoke of the day of God's judgment and warned us that even many who cried out Lord, Lord, didn't know him, or he them. We are so easily deceived concerning the things of God. Israel is our example in this.'

Many times over, as Jesus worked out his ministry throughout Israel, the leaders and the people were assured that Jesus was no Messiah, but was rather a charlatan and a liar. So, I just put this out there and if I'm wrong I will gladly accept that I was wrong...this time. One day, it will be that day. Hopefully there will be born again believers to sound the alarm in that day.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
According to the BBC (no friend of Trump, can we agree?):

Trump pointed to a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) forecast map from August 29 which had a black loop marked around (part of) Alabama which was not on the original version.

Trump told reporters that Dorian "would have affected a lot of other states" and when asked about the map discrepancy said, "I know Alabama was in the original forecast. They thought it would get a piece of it."

In short, there is nothing special here except to dedicated Trump opponents, and the additional claim that the President had personally altered the map by using a grease pencil was made up out of thin air.

• Haha
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
..the additional claim that the President had personally altered the map by using a grease pencil was made up out of thin air.
Whether it was Trump or Trump's lackey's altering the chart makes no difference.
It was an attempt to turn fiction into reality in a very ridiculous way.

“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.”
-Dr Who

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to the BBC (no friend of Trump, can we agree?):

Trump pointed to a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) forecast map from August 29 which had a black loop marked around (part of) Alabama which was not on the original version.

Trump told reporters that Dorian "would have affected a lot of other states" and when asked about the map discrepancy said, "I know Alabama was in the original forecast. They thought it would get a piece of it."

In short, there is nothing special here except to dedicated Trump opponents, and the additional claim that the President had personally altered the map by using a grease pencil was made up out of thin air.

Fact is if he was "monitoring" the situation he would have known the daily changes. Yes, Alabama was possibly glanced in one of the many original possibilities but again supposedly he was receiving updates which would have informed him that Alabama was no longer threatened, days before his nonsense began. What is "special" is that trump is the one who keeps the story going ...by refusing to let it go or simply admit a mistake. The timeline clearly demonstrates he is wrong!

I do not see much difference between trump opponents and trump sycophants. It seems to me that the major difference lies in the latter simply going to extraordinary lengths to defend the indefensible...

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Whether it was Trump or Trump's lackey's altering the chart makes no difference.

Or anyone else, for that matter.

All that counts is that this affords the committed critics of the President one more opportunity to make something out of nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

All that counts is that this affords the committed critics of the President one more opportunity to make something out of nothing.

It isn't "nothing" it is a person who refuses to admit his mistakes...it is obviously a person who was not monitoring the situation as he claimed. If this was an isolated incident it would be one thing but it is a daily demonstration of his egoism and ineptness in conducting himself as president.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The Scriptures speak of a strong delusion that might even effect the elect, had God not cut short those days. So, I can't imaging that this delusion that might even be taken in by the elect if it was to continue, won't surely be accepted by many of those who hold to the title of christian. Jesus spoke of the day of God's judgment and warned us that even many who cried out Lord, Lord, didn't know him, or he them. We are so easily deceived concerning the things of God. Israel is our example in this.'

I don't have any firm "end time" beliefs on exactly how it will all come to pass other than Jesus's return in God's timing BUT I have to say that the verses you have referenced in this paragraph have been on my mind for decades considering the dark places to where American political conservatism has been leading many Christians, a dark place that could only result in someone like Trump or worse, and there is so much deception and willful ignorance now concerning this man that many cannot even see how anti-Christ these values are when compared to what Jesus actually taught.

When I see the phrase "the elect" in the verse, I don't always view it as some twisted Reformist/Calvinist view of some pre-ordained saved person while everyone else was doomed and condemned before they were ever born and were never given a choice, but more in the lines of those who have elected themselves to be of the "one true Christianity" and who may have started out with very sincere intentions in their faiths, but have gotten so enmeshed in politics and nationalism and biblical legalism and have thus severely lost sight of Christ and his actual message.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Shouldn't you be directing that comment at President Trump? He's the one actually making this a thing, not the people pointing out the emperor has no clothes. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)

• Winner
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It isn't "nothing" it is a person who refuses to admit his mistakes...it is obviously a person who was not monitoring the situation as he claimed. If this was an isolated incident it would be one thing but it is a daily demonstration of his egoism and ineptness in conducting himself as president.
That's basically how I explained the phenomenon of "never let any opportunity to complain" pass unused.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I disagree. It's the altering of reality to attempt to perpetuate fiction that is exactly the matter.
This president has a tortured relationship with truth, at best. That there is an administration that continues to enable him and those who repeatedly defend this nonsense is beyond sad.

Upvote 0