Claiming Hurricane Dorian would hit Alabama isn't the only strange lie the Trump administration told

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
full title:
Claiming Hurricane Dorian would hit Alabama isn't the only strange lie the Trump administration told this week

Opinion: Claiming Dorian would hit Alabama isn't the only strange lie the White House told this week
Just one week before, Justice Department lawyers representing Trump and White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham appeared in a Washington, DC courtroom to defend Grisham’s decision to suspend a reporter’s White House press credentials.

That reporter, Playboy’s Brian Karem, had been pulled into a verbal altercation with former Trump advisor (and recent fish oil pitchman) Sebastian Gorka, after the latter took issue with a joke Karem had made following an event in the Kennedy Rose Garden (disclaimer: this reporter witnessed the event in question and submitted a sworn declaration in the case).
In a letter explaining her decision, Stephanie Grisham, who has a history of trying to exclude reporters who vex her employers, alleged that a statement by a Secret Service agent who’d been present indicated that the agent had found Karem’s behavior so disruptive that he’d been forced to intervene.

During last week’s court bearing, Justice Department lawyers alluded to the agent’s statement to support Grisham’s contention that Karem’s conduct warranted suspension of his credentials. But after a judge ordered the White House to provide him with a copy for his review, they had to “respectfully inform” him that no such statement existed.

Fabricating evidence (or implying that evidence exists when it doesn’t) won’t fly in a federal District Court. Only actual evidence matters, and Karem’s attorneys had that in spades. After reviewing that evidence in the form of multiple videotapes, the judge issued an opinion ordering that Grisham restore Karem’s press pass, writing that he “[did] not find the evidence to support the conclusion that a reasonable person would have believed Karem to be genuinely threatening a physical altercation.”
tulc(thought this was interesting) :wave:

Reactions: Yarddog

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I was holding a press conference, I might have the reporters first meet and determine what the questions would be. I would expect them to include highest priority questions from each political group of reporters, and from ones who represented media and causes who were not so big-name. And we could evaluate how important each question is, though. This could avoid how maybe certain reporters might be more dominating.

And we could release a record of which questions we had chosen to answer and any we had not given attention, maybe with a written answer or explanation why we did not answer it.

And we could have fact checking, if a reporter's question included a claim. And if he or she would not give the source, I might say I will be glad to wait for the reporter to get permission to tell us the source, especially if the source is leaking what the person was under oath not to leak. "You trust a source who gave his or her word by oath, not to leak that sort of information????"

I would expect my questions to be answered, too.

At Tulc's request > I have started a thread to discuss how to handle press relations for a press conference >

how to hold a press conference (c: . . . | Christian Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting post. It's not actually what this thread is about, but I'd think there would be some interesting discussions raised if you started another thread where those things could be discussed. :wave:
tulc(would encourage com7fy8 to do so) :oldthumbsup:

• Informative
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Claiming Hurricane Dorian would hit Alabama isn't the only strange lie the Trump administration told

Were the Trump Administration half as dedicated to the protection of the 1st Amendment as it is in the defence of the 2nd Amendment!

The Trump Administration has yet to accept the fact that the White House is not the private domain of this President and/or the Republican Party, it is the "peoples house" and access by the Press can't be limited to those individuals whose presidential coverage they approve!

Throughout American history, Presidential Administrations have never been happy with the Press coverage they received, but anyone who aspires to the highest office in the land should do so with the full knowledge that they can never expect to be exempt from intense media criticism - it comes with the job!

Last edited:
Upvote 0