Northern Nevada
✟25,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greenland is not "humongous", it only looks this way because of projection errors.
Oh, I don't know. It covers a good portion of Texas-- long known to be the the second largest state in the union. Kansas, OK, Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, South Dakota, and part of No. Dakota, as well as part of Wisconsin. I think it's large enough to be classified as a continent. It's a pity it distorts with Antarctica. That would have been interesting. ah.... got it.
upload_2020-9-18_15-44-53.png

upload_2020-9-18_15-49-3.png

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,557.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I don't know. It covers a good portion of Texas-- long known to be the the second largest state in the union. Kansas, OK, Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, South Dakota, and part of No. Dakota, as well as part of Wisconsin. I think it's large enough to be classified as a continent. It's a pity it distorts with Antarctica. That would have been interesting. ah.... got it.
View attachment 284830

View attachment 284833
Antarctica is definetely a continent, but greenland isn't.

Yes, there's an arbitrary cutoff-point that lies between the landmass of greenland and australia. You can of course disagree with it, just like you can disagree with a lot of things. Just don't expect anyone to value your disagreement. Eris knows your argument of "looks big to me" isn't very convincing.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
mod hat on

Thread has undergone a small cleanup for Off Topic posts and some flaming/goading. We would like to remind you that you are on a Christian Forum, and while open discussion is encouraged, our rules must be adhered to. Treat each other kindly and with common courtesy. Address content pertaining to the topic at hand.

If you need a refresher of the rules, they are found here: Terms of Service and Christian Forum Rules | Christian Forums

mod hat off

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Climate Change: Overwhelming Scientific Evidence

The Bible says GOD is in control of the
weather. Sometimes He uses weather

-for blessings

14That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain,that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.

-for punishment

7And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there wereyet three months to
the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon onecity, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.

-for the day of battle and war

22Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the
treasures of the hail, 23Which I have reserved against the time of trouble,
against the day of battle and war?

3The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit
the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm,
and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a simple experiment for you to do. You can do it now. Get a pitcher. Fill it halfway with water. Mark the water level with a piece of tape. Then add a few handfuls of ice. Mark the new water level with another piece of tape. Then when the ice has melted, see how much the water has risen.
These glaciers are ice above the surface of the water. When they melt and join the water, that water will rise. If your home is at sea level on the sea, even a one foot rise in the sea level is going to destroy your home.
There seems to be some confusion between icebergs and glaciers. The melting of icebergs will not significantly affect sea levels, but glaciers - which are solely on land, not in the water - not only will but have already.

The glaciers of Greenland and, even more, Antarctica are melting and the sea levels are rising.

Upvote 0