United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump Promotes 'Only Good Democrat is a Dead Democrat' Video

President Donald Trump promoted a video on Twitter late Wednesday night that opens with Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin declaring that “the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

Griffin made these comments at a New Mexico church while rallying a crowd to protest stay at home guidelines and amid the coronavirus. “I’ve come to a place where I’ve come to a conclusion where the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat,” Griffin said, adding that he didn’t mean that in a “physical sense,” but in a “political sense.”

So, the way he worded this is problematic for obvious reasons. Hooray for the President of the United States promoting this kind of dangerous garbage.

Bet let's look at the subsequent explanation - that he's come to the conclusion that this election isn't about whether you love or hate Trump, but whether you love or hate America.

This is a great example of the flaming garbage I've been hearing from the right for decades: that non-conservatives are somehow unAmerican or less American than "real American" conservatives. There are few better ways to delegitimize someone's voice in this country than what your president just promoted and it's why I have a hard time taking seriously all the butthurt from the conservative community when anybody on the left dare criticizes them.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people claim that his immediate predecessor was divisive, but Obama had Republicans in his cabinet, while Donald claims the honorable opposition to be vile enemies.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Some people claim that his immediate predecessor was divisive, but Obama had Republicans in his cabinet, while Donald claims the honorable opposition to be vile enemies.
The distinction is that Obama's divisiveness was primarily a product of other people's perception and opinion of him. There are very few (if any) actions or statements from Obama that you could point to as encouraging a partisan divide. Some things that he said and did were divisive, but only because his detractors (or supporters) made them so. Trump, on the other hand, actively promotes and encourages division and "othering".

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump Promotes 'Only Good Democrat is a Dead Democrat' Video

So, the way he worded this is problematic for obvious reasons. Hooray for the President of the United States promoting this kind of dangerous garbage.

Bet let's look at the subsequent explanation - that he's come to the conclusion that this election isn't about whether you love or hate Trump, but whether you love or hate America.

This is a great example of the flaming garbage I've been hearing from the right for decades: that non-conservatives are somehow unAmerican or less American than "real American" conservatives. There are few better ways to delegitimize someone's voice in this country than what your president just promoted and it's why I have a hard time taking seriously all the butthurt from the conservative community when anybody on the left dare criticizes them.

'Politically dead'?

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump is continuing to show he is only President of less than half the country. The rest he will ignore and vilify. I don't know of any President that has done that.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
'Politically dead'?

Even taken at his word, he's still being a jerk.

Trump is continuing to show he is only President of less than half the country. The rest he will ignore and vilify. I don't know of any President that has done that.

eh, I think there were a few in the 19th century.

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

In related news, Trump's approval rating has never even reached 50% (per Gallup).

Wikipedia has a list of presidential approval ratings going back to FDR and none of them have topped out that low: United States presidential approval rating - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anti-Lockdown Protesters Now Calling for Dems to Die
But in the interview, Griffin also repeated his claim that “the only good Democrat is a dead one” and signaled that he still thinks some top Democrats—such as governors Ralph Northam (D-VA) and Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)—could be guilty of treason and the punishment that comes with it.

“You get to pick your poison: you either go before a firing squad, or you get the end of the rope,” Griffin said.
Shooting and hanging - that's politically dead or dead dead?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
5 words: He wants to open churches.

Here are some words for you: He doesn't really care about the churches and figures if he can sure up the Christian vote he may have a chance at a second term.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
In related news, Trump's approval rating has never even reached 50% (per Gallup).

Wikipedia has a list of presidential approval ratings going back to FDR and none of them have topped out that low: United States presidential approval rating - Wikipedia

That's not surprising, considering on how much the style of TV reporting has changed over the years.

Even Dan Rather (successor to Walter Cronkite) always made sure to present the other side of each news story.
But in this time, it's no longer news that we hear nightly: it's a commercial for the Democratic party. unfortunately that's a problem.

• Agree
Reactions: MorkandMindy
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Here are some words for you: He doesn't really care about the churches and figures if he can sure up the Christian vote he may have a chance at a second term.

If that were true, and if the Christian Vote meant so much to the results of the election, then why are the Democrats not going after that vote as well???

Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
If that were true, and if the Christian Vote meant so much to the results of the election, then why are the Democrats not going after that vote as well???

Maybe because they don't feel that they need to pander to the Christians?

Upvote 0