United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@Paulos23

Are you sure this is all just a conspiracy? Seems people are already doing it.

I use this current clip because there is no foul language. If you do not like that platform... oh' well...

The point is people have the absolute intention of coercing their point of view. The same individuals are talking about taking this to the polling booths.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it’s DH one, the Hostage scene in the basement.

I’m pretty sure there’s no basement scene in DH 1, either. The only underground locations in the movie are the parking garage where Argyle is hanging out in the limo and the manhole where the utility workers cut the power.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m pretty sure there’s no basement scene in DH 1, either. The only underground locations in the movie are the parking garage where Argyle is hanging out in the limo and the manhole where the utility workers cut the power.

Yeah that must be right. I had in mind the hostage scene where Willis’s character gets punched a few times in what looks like a basement, but it’s a long time since I watched it.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Paulos23

I use this current clip because there is no foul language. If you do not like that platform... oh' well...

The point is people have the absolute intention of coercing their point of view. The same individuals are talking about taking this to the polling booths.

Context matters.

The first part is, they are not with the Sunset Movement, which you were worried about protesting at politicians homes. This is BLM.

And it is one Minnesota State Senator Warren Limmer and current President of that body. They want the protesters released, which may not be possible in my view if they were violent.

That said, was that an invasion of property? Hard to say, people coming up and knocking on the door saying something, and then going away may not technically be an invasion of property. But lots of people doing that could be harassment.

That said, I don't see this as part of a bigger conspiracy. The video was wrong about the homeowners at the start and was trying to frame the protest in front of Mr. Limmer's house as protesters having free reign with the law, which is not the case I think in either event in that video. In the first case, the protesters were walking down a road and happened to cross a central divider that the homeowners were claiming and felt they needed to back their claim with guns. In the second case, it is protesters and voters feeling they are not heard by their representatives and picking the leader of those representatives to express their views to, even if he didn't want to come out and talk to them.

Now, as to taking this to the polling booths, I don't think it means what you think it means. Many of them are going to vote him out, I think that is what they mean. I don't think they will be hanging around voting places bullying people into voting their way.

I don't see any support for this conspiracy you are proposing.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Paulos23

Walking past someone’s house is trespassing?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't see any support for this conspiracy you are proposing.

You would first have to acknowledge a 'conspiracy' is not some unprovable rumor. The word is almost exclusively misused in this manner, and in a derogatory light. Individuals did make certain statements on camera, and while it is debatable concerning what was meant, what they actually said is not.

A conspiracy is a stratagem, or plan to carry out something against someone. To conspire against them. It isn't always aliens and tinfoil hats as some intend to make it out to be.

There is this constamente push that anything derogatory to certain narratives are automatically considered fables. Well, fable or not. They made the comments, and there are actions being taken in line with some of the comments they have made. Such suspicions of their intended actions, based upon their own comments and actions are reasonable. Even if they turn out to be false. They are reasonable to hold.

And again... Occam's razor. What examples do we have from the previous four years?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You would first have to acknowledge a 'conspiracy' is not some unprovable rumor. The word is almost exclusively misused in this manner, and in a derogatory light.
He's not misusing it. That's why he's asking for support - if you allege a conspiracy and can provide support, then it's an actual conspiracy. If you can't support it, it's merely a conspiracy theory, which then puts it in the realm of tinfoil hats and aliens.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He's not misusing it. That's why he's asking for support - if you allege a conspiracy and can provide support, then it's an actual conspiracy. If you can't support it, it's merely a conspiracy theory, which then puts it in the realm of tinfoil hats and aliens.

That is why I posted a video of them speaking. Others will have to furnish proofs that they did not mean what they said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You would first have to acknowledge a 'conspiracy' is not some unprovable rumor. The word is almost exclusively misused in this manner, and in a derogatory light. Individuals did make certain statements on camera, and while it is debatable concerning what was meant, what they actually said is not.

A conspiracy is a stratagem, or plan to carry out something against someone. To conspire against them. It isn't always aliens and tinfoil hats as some intend to make it out to be.

There is this constamente push that anything derogatory to certain narratives are automatically considered fables. Well, fable or not. They made the comments, and there are actions being taken in line with some of the comments they have made. Such suspicions of their intended actions, based upon their own comments and actions are reasonable. Even if they turn out to be false. They are reasonable to hold.

And again... Occam's razor. What examples do we have from the previous four years?

What support do you have that they are going to go to the polls and stop people from voting? The comments they have said can be taken in two ways. One, they are going to vote the bum out. And two, they are going to stop anyone voting for him.

What evidence do you have they are planning to do the second one?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....Putin's attacks on voting by mail are having an effect...oh wait..that's our President who is undermining confidence in our election.

President Trump’s unfounded attacks on mail balloting are discouraging his own supporters from embracing the practice, according to polls and Republican leaders across the country, prompting growing alarm that one of the central strategies of his campaign is threatening GOP prospects in November.

Multiple public surveys show a growing divide between Democrats and Republicans about the security of voting by mail, with Republicans saying they are far less likely to trust it in November. In addition, party leaders in several states said they are encountering resistance among GOP voters who are being encouraged to vote absentee while also seeing the president describe mail voting as “rigged” and “fraudulent.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...table-main_gopalarm-1045am:homepage/story-ans

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....Putin's attacks on voting by mail are having an effect...oh wait..that's our President who is undermining confidence in our election.

President Trump’s unfounded attacks on mail balloting are discouraging his own supporters from embracing the practice, according to polls and Republican leaders across the country, prompting growing alarm that one of the central strategies of his campaign is threatening GOP prospects in November.

Multiple public surveys show a growing divide between Democrats and Republicans about the security of voting by mail, with Republicans saying they are far less likely to trust it in November. In addition, party leaders in several states said they are encountering resistance among GOP voters who are being encouraged to vote absentee while also seeing the president describe mail voting as “rigged” and “fraudulent.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republicans-race-to-promote-mail-voting-as-trumps-attacks-discourage-his-own-supporters-from-embracing-the-practice/2020/08/03/9dd1d988-d1d9-11ea-9038-af089b63ac21_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_gopalarm-1045am:homepage/story-ans&itid=hp_hp-top-table-main_gopalarm-1045am:homepage/story-ans

Stupid is as stupid does I suppose.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What support do you have that they are going to go to the polls and stop people from voting? The comments they have said can be taken in two ways. One, they are going to vote the bum out. And two, they are going to stop anyone voting for him.

What evidence do you have they are planning to do the second one?

Logically speaking we have four years of actions specifically intended to impede and/or 'stop' Trump supporters. Now we have them admitting to what we already knew was ongoing.

The key point of my statement was getting it out there that people have literally discussed making siege on polling booths come election day. The same group is actively seeking to defund the police, and push for mail in voting. It's not even a leap of logic or a hard conclusion to draw.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Nothing to worry about. The Democrats have assured us there is no such thing as election fraud. Our elections are 100% airtight and cannot be undermined.

Which way do you want it? Are we vulnerable or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing to worry about. The Democrats have assured us there is no such thing as election fraud. Our elections are 100% airtight and cannot be undermined.

I only have two choices?

I will take c: Take action to support vote by mail.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Logically speaking we have four years of actions specifically intended to impede and/or 'stop' Trump supporters. Now we have them admitting to what we already knew was ongoing.

The key point of my statement was getting it out there that people have literally discussed making siege on polling booths come election day. The same group is actively seeking to defund the police, and push for mail in voting. It's not even a leap of logic or a hard conclusion to draw.

I am sorry, all I have seen is sieging politicians in their homes, no evidence on sieging polling places. That is something the videos you presented have suggested with little evidence.

And you are lumping too many groups together, though they might be overlapping. Though, if they are pushing mail-in voting, how is that going to let them siege the polls?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am sorry, all I have seen is sieging politicians in their homes, no evidence on sieging polling places. That is something the videos you presented have suggested with little evidence.

Have the 2020 elections occurred yet? How do you want my to provide footage of an event that hasn't happened yet? I don't know some Dr with a dog named Einstein.... should I wire up the clock tower just in case?

I can only go off of what was stated, and what has been witnessed the last four years.

Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist

You know how to not make people come to your aid? Lie about them and make claims they themselves never say. The Democrats have not assured us there is no such thing as election fraud. The Democrats have not claimed our elections are 100% airtight and cannot be undermined.

Really, it's this exaggeration to the point of ridicule that makes it so very hard to listen carefully to what you have to say. If you want to be taken at face value, and be listened to seriously, you really have got to extend that same courtesy to others, as well. What you are doing now is only undermining your own beliefs, and that's just sad and frustrating.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Though, if they are pushing mail-in voting, how is that going to let them siege the polls?

It's election meddling. Cause enough chaos you have a reason to have mail in voting, now don't you? Riots at polling booths? You don't think just the push for that has an adverse reaction concerning voter turn out?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.