USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump, I cannot in good conscience vote for somebody who is pro-abortion and pro-alphabet group.
Trump is a blatant racist, and has used racism to court the racist vote. IMO that alone should disqualify him from POTUS, because the POTUS is supposed to speak for all Americans, not just one racial group.

For those who support Trump, I would like to ask you one question: Will you think it is OK in a few decade when whites are a minority in the USA, if a Hispanic POTUS candidate blames whites for all that ails the USA, and gets elected on the promise of putting all whites on a registry, and keeping them under special watch?

The only thing I have heard is in regards to illegal immigrants :doh:
not Hispanics.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Trump, I cannot in good conscience vote for somebody who is pro-abortion and pro-alphabet group.

The only thing I have heard is in regards to illegal immigrants :doh:
not Hispanics.

Did you even read the question? Because if you did, your reply indicates you clearly didn't understand it. Please go back and try again, maybe use a dictionary? Thank you.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Neither one, really. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm still trying to search out third parties, but the ones I've looked at so far are failing to cut it for me. What I do tend to think is this, that in the political world, there is lying involved, no matter what the party, and in my opinion (though I know many here will disagree) there is no "lesser of the evils". Also, while there might be stances that one holds that match up to a favorite candidate, none of them are lily-white and deliver 100% on what they propose. I don't even understand politics a lot of the time, to be honest. It's just not my cup of tea.

Just going to have to do some heavy praying, is all.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How is Trump going to fix the US' money problem? You can't file for bankruptcy for a country...

H.J. Heinz, Milton Hershey, Henry Ford and Walt Disney all filed for bankruptcy. All went on to do very well.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sitting this election out. Neither choice is acceptable. I cannot in good conscience vote for Donald Trump, and I wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton if you held a gun to my head.
Please don't sit the election out. Remember that we will be voting for US Representatives, possibly US Senators (depending on your state) plus state and local officials. Write in Vanna White for president, vote 3rd party or just don't vote for president, but make certain that your voice is heard for the other offices

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I will be voting for Green Party candidate Jill Stein. Of course Trump will carry my state (West Virginia) because Clinton is an idiot. You don't say that you are going to shut down the coal mines and put the miners out of work if you want to carry West Virginia.

Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a christian which do you vote for?
You as in you, not a hypothetical you, I know which one I'd vote for, trump.

Hillary, has proven herself to be untrustworthy, negotiate with terrorist, and generally be a bad person/candidate. Its baffling how shes gotten this far in the election given what she has done. Take note she would have access to the launch codes, to our missiles...

Trump, is a business man. He knows how money works, we have a HUGE money problem in the US now, he could fix it. You could call him racist, I don't think he is. I think hes a political mastermind, running for president since the late 60s to early 70s.
Hes saying all these outlandish things to get attention, and it works.

I may not like the either of them, but, but trump, in my opinion is the lesser of the 2 evils, so to speak.

With that being said, I want other christians views on this. I'd like you to reply, with who you'd vote for (or are voting for), with a reason why.
Not asking for any reason in particular, just curious of other christians political views.

I vote against Hillary.

Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

Chris1984

Sep 4, 2016
Pittsfield, NH
✟16,825.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Please don't sit the election out. Remember that we will be voting for US Representatives, possibly US Senators (depending on your state) plus state and local officials. Write in Vanna White for president, vote 3rd party or just don't vote for president, but make certain that your voice is heard for the other offices

What's the point? Senators and Reps aren't going to do anything productive either. Besides, if you're willing to vote for a Green Party candidate in any category, then we most likely want different things, and you should be happy I'm washing my hands of the whole thing.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's the point? Senators and Reps aren't going to do anything productive either. Besides, if you're willing to vote for a Green Party candidate in any category, then we most likely want different things, and you should be happy I'm washing my hands of the whole thing.
Why would I be happy that you will not be voting? I think every citizen of legal age and sound mind should vote. I don't care what their political views are. I used to teach political science at a local university and I would pass out voter registration forms in my classes, even though I knew that most of my students would not be registering in my party. BTW I am a registered Republican.

Senators aren't going to do anything productive? Well in this upcoming session the Senate will confirm the next member of the US Supreme Court, perhaps the next few members. Isn't that important to you?

We also have, as I said before, state and local races. Those are the people who decide what roads get paved, how many police your community will have, what books will be used in you public schools, perhaps who will haul your trash and dozens of other things that will affect your daily life. If you don't vote, don't complain if the property next to your house gets zoned for industrial use or if your local taxes see a significant increase.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
H.J. Heinz, Milton Hershey, Henry Ford and Walt Disney all filed for bankruptcy. All went on to do very well.

Funny, I don't remember hearing about them starting up a fake University, making promises they never intended to keep, and then conning people into going deep in debt.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny, I don't remember hearing about them starting up a fake University, making promises they never intended to keep, and then conning people into going deep in debt.
True. By all accounts Hershey, Heinz and Disney were good and decent people. I'm not so sure about Ford. But they all did declare bankruptcy.

Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will be voting for Green Party candidate Jill Stein. Of course Trump will carry my state (West Virginia) because Clinton is an idiot. You don't say that you are going to shut down the coal mines and put the miners out of work if you want to carry West Virginia.

I can't imagine that Jill Stein would do much to help out the coal industry, either. ;)

I don't think that Hillary would carry WV no matter what she said. WV is pretty red, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, nothing hillary could ever do would change my mind... She could cure cancer, and I'd still vote for trump.
Like I said, don't particularly like either of em, but trump would put us in less danger than clinton.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Honestly, nothing hillary could ever do would change my mind... She could cure cancer, and I'd still vote for trump.
Like I said, don't particularly like either of em, but trump would put us in less danger than clinton.

Of course you would. He has his demographic that he is incredibly popular with.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course you would. He has his demographic that he is incredibly popular with.
Not sure if you're trying to insult me or not... hehe. I kid of course :p
trump-supporters-stupid.jpg

Upvote 0

Chris1984

Sep 4, 2016
Pittsfield, NH
✟16,825.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Senators aren't going to do anything productive? Well in this upcoming session the Senate will confirm the next member of the US Supreme Court, perhaps the next few members. Isn't that important to you?

We also have, as I said before, state and local races. Those are the people who decide what roads get paved, how many police your community will have, what books will be used in you public schools, perhaps who will haul your trash and dozens of other things that will affect your daily life. If you don't vote, don't complain if the property next to your house gets zoned for industrial use or if your local taxes see a significant increase.

What good is the Supreme Court? You think they could get much more liberal than they already are? They just gave us Obamacare and gay marriage. We could put a total Nixon clone in the White House and the Supreme Court still wouldn't move an inch further to the right.

As for industrial zones and tax increases locally, I live in New Hampshire, so I'm not really too worried about that.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't imagine that Jill Stein would do much to help out the coal industry, either. ;)

Go back and reread what I wrote. I said that Clonton would not carry WV because of what she said about coal. I did not say that her comments affected my vote. I'm voting against her because I think she is a liar and a cheat. I think coal is dying because of competition from cheap natural gas, not because of Clinton's comments.

I don't think that Hillary would carry WV no matter what she said. WV is pretty red, isn't it?

Actually WV is about 46% registered Democrat, 30% registered GOP, 20% independent, 4% other. Still a big Union state. According to current polls the Democrat is expected to win the race for governor. You need to learn more about our beautiful Mountaib State!

Last edited:
Upvote 0