Trump openly admitted on live TV to doing the thing he's accused of in the impeachment inquiry

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do you know about Krushchev’s famous quote?

I have never heard of him, but it does not matter. The word "cremation" made me think of my dad's body being totally gone now because it is nothing but ashes in a box.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have never heard of him, but it does not matter. The word "cremation" made me think of my dad's body being totally gone now because it is nothing but ashes in a box.
I’m sorry but you are reading it in the wrong context.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not mu fault I don't know any other way to read it.
Then you understand there’s no point in going into it since you don’t have enough of the history.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds just like the rumour that Trump had a serious heart problem merely for having a medical check up after which he does a big rally and and speech and much other work adding up to a 14 hour day.

LOL! No, it sounds like an accurate observation made from actually listening to what he said on his nearly hour-long rambling rage-therapy session with Fox & Friends, lmbo.Donald repeated an imbecilic conspiracy theory that had been debunked less than 24 hours earlier by no less than his former top Russia adviser. Steve Docey who is usually as sycophantic as all get out to Donald even questioned him on that. He ranted about Kellyanne's husband, babbled on, made numerous falsehoods. He said such gems as “I do want — always — corruption, I say that to anybody."

Now, as for his unplanned for visit to the hospital, lmbo. I'm not gullible enough to believe the tale told about it by the WH. I've never said that he had a serious heart problem but of course wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he did, seeing as how he's a 73 year old obese man who is too lazy to exercise, eats trash, bleaches his brows & hair, fake bakes himself, constantly is having tantrums where he winds himself up so much he can't even spell basic words.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In a Friday interview on "Fox & Friends," Trump openly admitted to holding up military aid to Ukraine to pressure the government to investigate a baseless conspiracy theory about Ukrainian election interference and Democratic collusion.

In other words, Trump acknowledged doing the very thing he has repeatedly denied and will likely be impeached for. The president started off by referencing the broad outlines of the conspiracy, suggesting Ukraine is hiding a Democratic National Committee "server" that contains evidence of Ukrainian meddling.

Then, crucially, he tacked on: "We're looking for corruption, there's tremendous corruption, and why should we be giving hundreds of millions of dollars to countries where there's this kind of corruption?"

Side note - If this isn't enough for you, the full interview is insane. It seems like he's cracking.
Trump has already said this very thing several times before. It's just that some people don't or won't see it. Trump uses the term "corruption" in the Ukraine to refer interchangeably to Crowdstrike/the server, and Burisma/Biden. So when Trump first stated that he withheld the money because of corruption, he's actually admitting that he withheld the money until Ukraine shows they are willing to investigate Crowdstrike/server and Burisma/Biden.

While it seems that this does not constitute pressuring the Ukraine nor a quid pro quo in Trump's mind, the affect nonetheless is exactly those things no matter how he sees it or phrases it. Moreover, it's alarming that the corruption he sees concerning "Crowdstrike" or rather the Democrat-Ukrainian plot to bring him down, are not even reality in any form. His narcissism has always been at such a level that he never displayed any ability to contemplate that he is ever wrong about anything, and this has now become some serious looney tunes.

This is why he refuses to allow his own allies to say he did anything wrong, so as to allow them to form a plausible defense that while it's wrong, it's doesn't rise to the level of impeachment. Meanwhile, his base are so blindly devoted that they can't even see how crazy this all is. For them it's simply always the vicious Democrats and media and the elaborate hoaxes they create to attack Trump. In actuality the Mueller investigation and the impeachment inquiry has always been about sound and reasonable people with legitimate and real concerns about their country over the behavior this President displays, and the damaging events that are truly happening because of that behavior.

This whole situation is so nuts it's hard to believe it's even happening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds just like the rumour that Trump had a serious heart problem merely for having a medical check up after which he does a big rally and and speech and much other work adding up to a 14 hour day.
You can decide for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...baseless conspiracy theory about Ukrainian election interference and Democratic collusion.

In other words, Trump acknowledged doing the very thing he has repeatedly denied and will likely be impeached for. The president started off by referencing the broad outlines of the conspiracy, suggesting Ukraine is hiding a Democratic National Committee "server" that contains evidence of Ukrainian meddling.

Then, crucially, he tacked on: "We're looking for corruption, there's tremendous corruption, and why should we be giving hundreds of millions of dollars to countries where there's this kind of corruption?"

Side note - If this isn't enough for you, the full interview is insane. It seems like he's cracking.
Ukrainian MP Claims $7.4 Billion Obama-Linked Laundering, Puts Biden Group Take At $16.5 Million

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then, critically, the president added: "I mean, I asked it very point-blank, because we're looking for corruption. There's tremendous corruption. Why should we be giving hundreds of millions of dollars to countries when there's this kind of corruption?"
$400B is well over $1000 per person (man, woman & child) in the country

How many Americans want to fork over more than $1000 (of their own money, and each of their own family members' monies) to a "Burisma-land" ?

"Look before you leap" ?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then, critically, the president added: "I mean, I asked it very point-blank, because we're looking for corruption. There's tremendous corruption. Why should we be giving hundreds of millions of dollars to countries when there's this kind of corruption?"

How many Americans want to fork over more than $1000 (of their own money, and each of their own family members' monies) to a "Burisma-land" ?

"Look before you leap" ?

Are we going to stop giving money to Israel now until their situation can be verified anew? The Pentagon had already said the Ukraine cleared all their security benchmarks and were cleared for the aid months before they finally got it and IF they didn't agree to investigate Biden, what changed to make them suddenly eligible for aid? Likewise if they did agree to investigate them, and nothing else changed, what else could be the reason for the delay? The WH isn't saying what benchmark they met that wasn't met months before the aid was released.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are we going to stop giving money to Israel now until their situation can be verified anew? The Pentagon had already said the Ukraine cleared all their security benchmarks and were cleared for the aid months before they finally got it and IF they didn't agree to investigate Biden, what changed to make them suddenly eligible for aid? Likewise if they did agree to investigate them, and nothing else changed, what else could be the reason for the delay? The WH isn't saying what benchmark they met that wasn't met months before the aid was released.
Apples & oranges

Israel's corruption perception index is twice as good as Ukraine's:

Corruption Perceptions Index - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

"Look before you leap" ?

Where on earth did you get a figure of $400b from? Since 2014 the US has given something like $1.6b in security assistance.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Such nonsense. So Trump made it possible for Ukraine to have Javelins to defend against the Russians and he's Santa to Putin? Or was it rather the last administration that was that t Putin by giving only blankets and pillows?
That true if you include nonlethal military aid, including training, vehicles and radar equipment as pillows. Sensible people do not.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The trouble with losing a realistic view of the world is he then doesn't have any anchor.
That’s what having an accident of birth that means you are insulated from any consequences causes.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well then why is it that none of the Dems (to my knowledge) brought that up as an issue at the hearings and neither did the experts on the field witnesses in the hearings make such a point. Certainly doesn't seen they considered there's going to be any real problem of the Ukrainians using the equipment.

...perhaps because it's not a relevant point to the question at hand: Why did the President withhold security aid for 51 days?

Upvote 0