Indiana
✟962,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And yet, he remains The Chosen One of the Evangelical Right. Would Jesus stand outside the big box store ready to fire the first shot at a looter? God help us all if this is what Christianity is becoming. :swoon:

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Would Jesus stand outside
I think it is recorded that the world/ even Christians/ think because Jesus has not taken recent action against their sins, they can get away with it ?
Yet,
when the time has come for Justice, God's Justice,

Context

…13Because of the indecency of your uncleanness I tried to cleanse you, but you would not be purified from your filthiness.

You will not be pure again until My wrath against you has subsided. 14I, the LORD, have spoken; the time is coming, and I will act. I will not refrain or show pity, nor will I relent. I will judge you according to your ways and deeds,’ declares the Lord GOD.”
Berean Standard Bible · Download

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
IMHO theft is theft. Fraud is just as much theft as shoplifting. Jesus rebuked Peter for cutting off Malcus' ear stating that if you live by the sword, you die by the sword. IOW if you live by the gun, you die by the gun. But that teaching is lost in the circles of 'evangelical' Christians.
There is a big difference in living by the sword and self defense. To live by the sword is to use violence first and for everything you want self defense is not that, but instead reacting to being harmed or threatened harm,. The law in most places does not allow people to use lethal force to defend only property ( though there are exceptions in some cases for arson, BUT if someone is threatening to harm you or take your property by force self defense is not living by the sword it is protecting yourself and others from harm. Which unless you are facing said threats/harm directly because of Christ not defending yourself and certainly not defending others is not is more unacceptable than not.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Exactly. Many Christians today don't like that namby-pamby non-violence stuff from old-school Jesus in the garden. Guns and the capacity to kill anyone who so much as looks at us funny - much less commits a lesser infraction than attempted murder against us, like robbery - makes us goodly righteous God-fearing folk today feel tough ... like a MAN!
Robbery under the law is actually a violent crime. Remember, Christ never once said to be a doormat and He certainly did not say to not defend other when we had the ability to do so.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You could always turn the other cheek and give him the shirt off your back, along with your best coat.
The problem with that is that some people may harm you anyway self defense is not a bad thing.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Politics are divisive and not of the LORD.
Politics is the way of electing leaders which is the method God uses if we want to live at peace and have any say in how we are treated voting is the way to do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let him who is without sin shoot the first shot. (i.e. no one can)
Again self defense is not a bad thing Christ (in most all situations does not expect us to be a doormat. We all sin, but note that the Bible says as much as it depends on YOU live at peace with everyone all some people know and respond to is violence.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So what exactly were you saying. Clarify your words for me if you can since you are sidestepping the issue. So, do you believe shooting shoplifters as 45 suggests is the will of God?
If it is JUST shoplifting then no I do not support lethal force, HOWEVER if we are talking about looting or robbery then yes lethal force should in fact be a LEGAL option.

Note I did not say that it should be required that one do that, but there should be no crime in doing that.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And yet, he remains The Chosen One of the Evangelical Right. Would Jesus stand outside the big box store ready to fire the first shot at a looter? God help us all if this is what Christianity is becoming. :swoon:
If they are LOOTING then they are being violent and that means that they should be able to be meant with lethal force. If the crime only involves property then lethal force is not justified looting is different as it involves violence, often arson and the chance that an innocent could get hurt in the process.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God help us all if this is what Christianity is becoming. :swoon:

You're seeing it right here in this thread. It shouldn't be surprising. The aversion that people like you and I have to blowing someone's brains out (and thus sending them to hell as many Christians seemingly like to believe) in the name of self-defense over getting a TV stolen from our store or house, is being met with "Jesus wasn't a doormat (read: like you!)"

Whenever this topic comes up around here the pro-gun guys sound less like "I am afraid of being hurt or killed, and so I just want something to feel like I can protect myself if a violent crime ever happens to me", and more "I DARE someone to rob or come at me with a knife because I am SO READY to use what I got in self-defense!" Like I said a few posts back, it makes them feel tough, whether as a man or woman, and it seriously sounds like they want a dangerous scenario to happen in their lives so they can have the excuse to react violently.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics is the way of electing leaders which is the method God uses if we want to live at peace and have any say in how we are treated voting is the way to do that.
Democracy is rather new considering the timeline. God certainly uses monarchies and even dictators. For America it is the Constitution and laws that also help us live at peace. Leaders that follow it help, but if they fail there is a check on the system. The right to use deadly force varies between state to state, but shooting someone when a life is not in danger is a crime in most states. Trump is an interesting character because he does some things great and other things poorly. This topic is the latter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Democracy is rather new considering the timeline. God certainly uses monarchies and even dictators. For America it is the Constitution and laws that also help us live at peace. Leaders that follow it help, but if they fail there is a check on the system. The right to use deadly force varies between state to state, but shooting someone when a life is not in danger is a crime in most states. Trump is an interesting character because he does some things great and other things poorly. This topic is the latter.
The thing is you are right shooting when someone's life isn't at streak is illegal, BUT when it comes to robbery and looting people's lives may well be at streak that is why you cannot shoot someone over shoplifting, but the minute that the loot or rob it is no longer just shoplifting and in many states that is considered enough because it becomes a violent crime that may well have someone's life at streak.

Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're seeing it right here in this thread. It shouldn't be surprising. The aversion that people like you and I have to blowing someone's brains out (and thus sending them to hell as many Christians seemingly like to believe) in the name of self-defense over getting a TV stolen from our store or house, is being met with "Jesus wasn't a doormat (read: like you!)"

Whenever this topic comes up around here the pro-gun guys sound less like "I am afraid of being hurt or killed, and so I just want something to feel like I can protect myself if a violent crime ever happens to me", and more "I DARE someone to rob or come at me with a knife because I am SO READY to use what I got in self-defense!" Like I said a few posts back, it makes them feel tough, whether as a man or woman, and it seriously sounds like they want a dangerous scenario to happen in their lives so they can have the excuse to react violently.
very few people want to use their gun people that do want to use it are the ones living by the sward most people hope and pray they will never have to use a firearm on another human being.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
“We will immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft."

Pillaging. Pillaging is a war crime. Pillaging is what went on in Iraq after America invaded, and thousands and thousands of artifacts were stolen. But here in America trump wants thieves shot. trump has no idea what he is saying, and worse off people think he knows what he is talking about. Sad stuff here.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump wants to make America great at everything. Including how low we can sink.

Are we to shoot a man for stealing bread? It surpasses the French by however much death surpasses 19 years.

We truly are the miserable ones.
Why do I suddenly feel like waving a French flag and singing "Red, the blood of angry men..."

-- A2SG, in touch with my inner theatre geek.....

Upvote 0