Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If a persons family member , a loved one , were to do this , it would be seen as a wonderful gift to humanity.
Donald Trump does it and it's , "lets go get some dirt on him".
Similar can be said for kissing babies.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If a persons family member , a loved one , were to do this , it would be seen as a wonderful gift to humanity.
Donald Trump does it and it's , "lets go get some dirt on him".
You mean that you would celebrate a family member trying to sell, for $60, a Bible that is wrapped in an American flag and included the Constitution and the Dec of Independence?

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean that you would celebrate a family member trying to sell, for $60, a Bible that is wrapped in an American flag and included the Constitution and the Dec of Independence?
America in the past has always been a God fearing nation , from what I read in the article seems like Trump is just trying to bring America back to that.
Jesus said he who is not against us is for us , so it all seems good to me.

If a person doesn't want to pay $60 then their free to go buy another one , and if they think the $60 will go to some good cause then their free to do that to.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
America in the past has always been a God fearing nation , from what I read in the article seems like Trump is just trying to bring America back to that.
Jesus said he who is not against us is for us , so it all seems good to me.

If a person doesn't want to pay $60 then their free to go buy another one , and if they think the $60 will go to some good cause then their free to do that to.
You didn't answer my question.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You didn't answer my question.
I already have , it's just that your not seeing it.
Bruce lee once said , it's like a finger pointing to the moon , if you only look at the finger then you will miss all that heavenly glory.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump is doing a paid endorsement of a $60 bible. In what world is this not exploitation of the Gospel?

I don't find anywhere where he is getting paid for endorsement of this particular bible. There are many translations and people have their preferences and often recommend such .... as far as I am aware this is his preference but like I said don't find where he's actually getting paid for recommending (endorsing) it.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟91,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump is doing a paid endorsement of a $60 bible. In what world is this not exploitation of the Gospel?

I made a post about this Trump Bible, and explained why it is wrong on so many levels.

Except of my post: The Bible is a sacred text that has been preserved and translated over centuries. Adding secular, non-biblical documents such as the Declaration of Independence could potentially compromise its integrity, and it's essential to maintain the Bible in its original form for future generations.

My post: Just in time for Easter, "God Bless the USA Bible" now being marketed with a paid endorsement from Donald Trump

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟706,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yup 100% - Both the Constitution and Declaration are documents that are inspired by the Word of God - even mentions HIm.

Here is one that includes worldly wisdom:

455257.jpg

There are literally dozens of different specialty Bibles.

I don't find anywhere where he is getting paid for endorsement of this particular bible. There are many translations and people have their preferences and often recommend such .... as far as I am aware this is his preference but like I said don't find where he's actually getting paid for recommending (endorsing) it.
A minor point that is based in reality - it's Trump - it has to be bad.

Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,265,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

It's idolatry.

Yup 100% - Both the Constitution and Declaration are documents that are inspired by the Word of God - even mentions HIm.

455257.jpg

The Constitution and Declaration of Independence do not mention the God of the Bible and are in no way inspired by the Bible.

A study Bible is quite distinct from enshrining secular government documents as Holy Writ.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟706,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Constitution and Declaration of Independence do not mention the God of the Bible and are in no way inspired by the Bible.
We differ in opinion - you are free to express yours, as I am free to express mine. Your opinion and mine are polar opposites.
A study Bible is quite distinct from enshrining secular government documents as Holy Writ.
Placing something in a Bible is not enshrining it. There are Bibles with maps that are not serving as Holy Writ - there are Bibles with commentaries that are not not serving as Holy Writ, there are bibles with songs that are not not serving as Holy Writ. There are Bibles that speak of the lives of individuals that not serving as Holy Writ.

And here you have a Bible designed as a Patriots Bible that has copies of the Constitution that not serving as Holy Writ.

169010.jpg

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Could you point out where the Constitution mentions God? Could you also point out, and be as explicit as possible, where and how either document demonstrates an explicit inspiration from the Bible?

455257.jpg

Does that Bible add new texts to its Canon?

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
We differ in opinion - you are free to express yours, as I am free to express mine. Your opinion and mine are polar opposites.

Placing something in a Bible is not enshrining it. There are Bibles with maps that are not serving as Holy Writ - there are Bibles with commentaries that are not not serving as Holy Writ, there are bibles with songs that are not not serving as Holy Writ. There are Bibles that speak of the lives of individuals that not serving as Holy Writ.

And here you have a Bible designed as a Patriots Bible that has copies of the Constitution that not serving as Holy Writ.

View attachment 346164

Relying on a fake quote to help your argument doesn't help your argument.

From the above article:

"Thomas S. Kidd, who currently serves as a research professor in church history at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, wrote in a 2012 op-ed that the emergence of social media websites has helped foster more misquotations of famous people. Kidd, who wrote the piece when he served as a history professor at Baylor University, mentioned the same alleged Patrick Henry quote Hawley used.

'Again, this is a perplexing case because Henry certainly was a devout Christian, but the quotation itself is of relatively recent origin. The quotation apparently came from a magazine commentary on Henry's faith in 1956, which later writers took as a quotation from Henry himself,' Kidd wrote.
"

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟188,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some one pointed out this story about Trump selling Bibles wrapped in the American Flag. I never heard of it, but
ended up reading several news stories about it. Apparently, the money Trump hopes to make in this flawed ambition, will go toward his defense and campaign.

It made me step back and realize that this man is an idiot. No way anyone should use Sacred Scripture to fund their
own agendas.

Of course Biden is an equal idiot, so once again being from MA, I'll be writing in a name rather than voting for either
Biden or Trump. Trump could never win here in MA as the voters will vote for the most immoral communist they can. My vote will be counted as "Other." Go Other ! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟823,667.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Bible's home page says that Trump's image was bought from a licensing company, of which Trump is listed as the President, secretary, manager, etc...

Upvote 0