"Trump getting elected is the same as being raped."

Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,797.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you know Burnell Donald-Kyei? She is a black woman, very beautiful spirit filled Christian. She's a black woman, lawyer in Chicago who loves Mr. Trump. Wants to help inner city there because Mr. Obama didn't help them. Google her. Beautiful. Prays for him daily. Midnight prayers for him. Beautiful woman. Alveda King loves Mr. Trump. MLK relative. The fake news lies about blacks and others not loving him. Mr. Trump received enough support from them to win. He turned enough in the key States to give him a chance. They didn't want Mrs. Clinton. He turned enough of Mr.Sanders people in key States. Mr. Trump is very smart.

Social fabric being damaged is not a matter of Obama or Trump but of Spiritual struggles which have their cause in the political model which created USA, masonry, which confronts Races, Religions, Cultures, which leave the citizen without a Hard Rock over which find rest. Though Jesús Did leave us a Rock. But Protestantism and Masonry are at contempt with it.

About black not wanting him, 82% voted otherwise than for him.

Upvote 0

*Cher

Come home minie-cat!
Feb 8, 2017
Dallas
✟18,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Social fabric being damaged is not a matter of Obama or Trump but of Spiritual struggles which have their cause in the political model which created USA, masonry, which confronts Races, Religions, Cultures, which leave the citizen without a Hard Rock over which find rest. Though Jesús Did leave us a Rock. But Protestantism and Masonry are at contempt with it.

About black not wanting him, 82% voted otherwise than for him.
But enough wanted him in to elect him. This is the point. More than before wanted him in certain States. No one can deny African American Democrats broke away because Mr. Obama didn't help them. Enough wanted help from President Trump.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's funny, when I try to engage in serious discussion, like why is it ok to end the stream protection rule, allowing companies to dump mining waste into our streams, I can't seem to get any discourse from supporters. Yet I'm classified, because I'm a liberal, as the one who does name calling and refuses to engage in important debate. The reasons I don't support Trump have nothing to do with hysteria, just concern because of actions like the one I mentioned.
I don't have a bad word to say about his wife and young children, and I accept that he won, I'm just worried about the consequences, in areas like the environment, public education, funding for the arts and sciences, and foreign policy, among others.

and just am irrelevant note...my Lenten plans include staying away from debate in these forums and trying to only participate in fellowship and apologetics as I continue on my path seeking....so this is like my Marti Gras...no excessive partying, but a few last posts...hats off to the liberal voices who remain despite the insults and try to show a different perspective. Best to all of you here for a good Lenten season and a happy Easter.

Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The point is the hateful, mean spirited vitriol from the left is over the top. Including from most democrat senators and congressmen/women.

Most conservatives do not act like that.
I doubt you can provide evidence to support this generalization.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's funny, when I try to engage in serious discussion, like why is it ok to end the stream protection rule, allowing companies to dump mining waste into our streams, I can't seem to get any discourse from supporters. Yet I'm classified, because I'm a liberal, as the one who does name calling and refuses to engage in important debate. The reasons I don't support Trump have nothing to do with hysteria, just concern because of actions like the one I mentioned.
I don't have a bad word to say about his wife and young children, and I accept that he won, I'm just worried about the consequences, in areas like the environment, public education, funding for the arts and sciences, and foreign policy, among others.

and just am irrelevant note...my Lenten plans include staying away from debate in these forums and trying to only participate in fellowship and apologetics as I continue on my path seeking....so this is like my Marti Gras...no excessive partying, but a few last posts...hats off to the liberal voices who remain despite the insults and try to show a different perspective. Best to all of you here for a good Lenten season and a happy Easter.

You are the new enemy. Educated, well-spoken, self-sufficient, respectful, sincere, capable, accomplished in life and metered in tone. Your example must be ignored if liberals are to be effectively demonized as frenzied freeloading non-contributors. You are an example contrary to the charicature that some want to draw. Don't expect to be taken seriously.

Additionally, you intimidate the people that ignore and/or misrepresent you. You have pursued an education that is difficult to obtain and unquestionably apolitical. You make a needed contribution to the country. You have endured trauma and come out on top, unafraid. People who haven't accomplished a fraction of what you have will be jealous and understandably want to distract themselves from their own situations.

Upvote 0

AndrewMicheals

Feb 18, 2017
USA
✟10,454.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
86e72aaa6d3b6488381fe4dcabbd477d4b4168923d1a7634b3bc306bf0e8b09d.jpg

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I doubt you can provide evidence to support this generalization.

Sure you can. Take ten minutes on Reddit and you'll find twenty examples of liberals being horrible and twenty examples of conservatives being horrible.

Perhaps the take away here is that people need to stop being horrible regardless of their political preferences.

I do resent the implication that only the left is misbehaving. They're not. And what they're doing with Trump now - misquoting, misrepresenting, assuming the worst is true - is EXACTLY what conservatives have been doing during the eight years Obama was in office. It's a climate they helped create.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Please, please, please: when you make a claim, it is not up to me to find evidence to support your claim!

And 20 examples comes nowhere near to supporting the general claim to which I was responding.

I meant the hypothetical 'you', as in the more modern variation of 'one'.

And twenty examples get a lot closer to the uncomfortable truth, which is that in the current political climate, people are not very respectful towards each others' opinions regardless. Nevertheless, if you need more evidence, visit Breitbart and The Daily Kos, Mother Goose and Infowars. Spend a couple of days and I'm sure you could find thousands of examples. I'm not going to myself as I have better things do to. Either you accept the premise of the claim or you don't.

I mean, sure, it'll look like the left is rude if you're a right-winger and it'll look like the right is vile if you lean left, but that's just confirmation bias.

• Winner
Reactions: MikeK
Upvote 0

Elijah Hashem

Only One Way In
Mar 13, 2017
United States of America
✟8,029.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure they can. I feel inclined with what I understand thus far to hold the position that we are subject to God alone, and how we conduct ourselves with power structures and rulers should be no different than the conduct we are to keep with every created child of God. However, I am not inclined to think we should have to be a part of the earthly government, to hold office, or attempt to reconcile the errors of the institutions of man. To choose civil authority over divine authority, and I do not believe in the divine right of kings. Even the Hebrews were to not have an earthly king, but they wanted to be like the pagans around them.

Jesus for King!

Here is an excerpt that makes sense to me.

:: In 1 Samuel 8:5 the Israelites ask Samuel to appoint a king, saying, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.” Was this wrong? The following verses make clear that it was. Samuel was displeased and prayed to the Lord concerning the matter. God answered, “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you” (1 Samuel 8:7–8). God said the Israelites’ request was a rejection of Him, that they had forsaken Him and were serving other gods.

Later, Samuel gave a farewell speech that would also address this issue, saying, “I will call on the Lord to send thunder and rain. And you will realize what an evil thing you did in the eyes of the Lord when you asked for a king” (1 Samuel 12:17). In verse 19 the people responded, “Pray to the Lord your God for your servants so that we will not die, for we have added to all our other sins the evil of asking for a king.”

Interestingly, God had already predicted that the Israelites would one day ask for a king. In Deuteronomy 17:14–15, for example, God said, “When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you and have taken possession of it and settled in it, and you say, ‘Let us set a king over us like all the nations around us,’ be sure to appoint over you a king the Lord your God chooses.”

Other passages also predicted that the Israelites would one day ask for a king. For example, God promised Jacob, “A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will be among your descendants” (Genesis 35:11). Similar references to future kings can be found in Genesis 36:31; 49:10; Numbers 24:7–9; and Deuteronomy 28:36.

Why was asking for a king wrong? The Lord was to be the ruler of Israel. God led the people through Moses and Aaron, and then through priests and judges raised up to govern the people. In Samuel’s time, the people began to worry about who the next leader would be, since Samuel’s sons did not follow the Lord. Their request for a king was a rejection of God’s way of leadership over them.

Another reason it was wrong to ask for a king is that the Israelites did so in order to be like “all the other nations.” God had created Israel as a unique people. He was their leader. When the Israelites wanted a king like other nations had, they were rejecting their unique, set-apart position as God’s people. The nation whose God was to be the Lord alone was envious of the nations who followed false gods. ::

Upvote 0