Milan
✟1,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
‘We want respect!’: Trump supporters whine that everyone mocks them in pity-soaked NPR interview
Brad Reed BRAD REED 27 APR 2018

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/wa...ine-everyone-mocks-pity-soaked-npr-interview/

I'm a Trump supporter and I don't demand respect. They take a quote from one supporter and credit all supporters for it. That's how fake news works.

I certainly don't have respect for Democrats for favoring the murder of the unborn, and I don't care if Democrats don't respect me for being America First.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll give them respect once they stop calling every bit of information they don't like fake news.
But what if it is Fake News given out by the MSM propaganda machine? Nobody should like fake news and disinformation. Here's some baloney from that news story:

“I do think that it’s true that conservatives have lost in many ways the culture,” he said. “There is a sense on the right that is apocalyptic and fearful.”

This is pure nonsense from the Left. The Washington and media elites, and all the Leftist Hollywood celebrities are so out of touch that they actually believe this nonsense. But the result of the elections and the results of recent polls tell an entirely different stories.

It is the Democrats and Leftist-Globalist-elites who are so fearful that they had to concoct a Russia-collusion narrative out of thin air, and have been beating this dead horse for two years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm a Trump supporter and I don't demand respect. They take a quote from one supporter and credit all supporters for it. That's how fake news works.

I certainly don't have respect for Democrats for favoring the murder of the unborn, and I don't care if Democrats don't respect me for being America First.

{tangent}
I do hope you find your way to the Creationism and Evolution subforum. I'm sure it will be edifying.
Creation & Evolution
{/tangent}

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Darwin's Myth

May 4, 2018
Milan
✟1,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
{tangent}
I do hope you find your way to the Creationism and Evolution subforum. I'm sure it will be edifying.
Creation & Evolution
{/tangent}

I'll work my way over there eventually...
I can't wait to read how everything came from a mindless nothing...

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well they've shown a complete utter lack of respect for liberals so I don't see what the problem is.

Respect should be a two way street. I don't agree with the whole, "You need to earn my respect while you show me respect no matter what" mentality that plagues so many people I met growing up.
The Bible teaches us the spiritual law of sowing and reaping. In other words you reap what you sow.Sow respect, reap respect. It's that simple.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Bible teaches us the spiritual law of sowing and reaping. In other words you reap what you sow.Sow respect, reap respect. It's that simple.
That is such a good point. President Bush was a pretty harmless president in terms of his public behavior. That didn’t stop the left from calling him a Nazi, of course. But he was pretty harmless.

Romney behaved mostly the same during his campaign too. True, he was also called a Nazi (because when I think of small government and low taxes, obviously the first thing that comes to mind is the Third Reich).

Now Trump’s voters are called Nazis too. Because Nazis, you know? And they don’t really appreciate that.

But what else would you expect from a bunch of Nazis, right?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That is such a good point. President Bush was a pretty harmless president in terms of his public behavior. That didn’t stop the left from calling him a Nazi, of course. But he was pretty harmless.

Romney behaved mostly the same during his campaign too. True, he was also called a Nazi (because when I think of small government and low taxes, obviously the first thing that comes to mind is the Third Reich).

Now Trump’s voters are called Nazis too. Because Nazis, you know? And they don’t really appreciate that.

But what else would you expect from a bunch of Nazis, right?
I really don't get your point here, but, the law of sowing and reaping works on everyone, including Nazis.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one ought to get respect until they have shown that they deserve respect. Voting for someone is not how one earns respect. Whining about not getting respect is not how one earns respect. Claiming to be a victim is not how one earns respect. Blaming others for one's problems is not how one earns respect. The list of people I respect is very small and it ought to be. We should always treat others with decency and politeness, but respect is a much higher bar to earn than to be afforded to us for simply being alive and not being a pariah.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I should’ve used pictures.

People don’t like being called Nazis. Simple enough for you?
My point is the law of sowing and reaping works on everyone. I did not call anyone Nazi, you used the term first.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rhoa GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Gee...when people march down the road wearing swastikas and chanting "Jews will not replace us", it sure beats me why they would be called Nazis. I guess liberals are just being big meanies to those poor, put upon Trump supporters.
Ringo

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Rhoa GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Gee...when people march down the road wearing swastikas and chanting "Jews will not replace us", it sure beats me why they would be called Nazis. I guess liberals are just being big meanies to those poor, put upon Trump supporters.
Ringo
As a portion, more Muslims support jihad than Trump voters buy into that ideology. When you act like that somehow represents the average Trump voter at all then yeah, you're being more than mean: you're being dishonest, malevolent, and downright vicious.

• Agree
Reactions: jkjk
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is how the media whips people up into fits of rage. It's the start of a new stereotype that they think will work. They have been doing this for years now - prior to Trump being on the scene.

Being capable of agreeing to disagree doesn't sell newspapers - nor hits to the websites. Getting people angry, and using a handful of individuals and claiming they represent the other side? Makes them loads of cash. That's how they support themselves.

Many people on all sides do see this for what it is, but you notice they don't make the news. It's the ones that can use for their purposes that do. This concept just wasn't labeled fake news prior - nor did it really have a label. People were catching on prior to Trump, but he does get credit for coming up with the label for the concept. People just called them troublemakers or liars prior. The media was aware, but ignored it. They did stories about the falling trust in the media, and then scolded their audience on why they should trust them. (eye rolls)

I remember growing up, and sure the news was slanted. Yet, not the this extreme. They would show the occasion odd ball for what they are. Today? They use them as an examples of what they claim you are dealing with. They are disingenuous and then just sit back and let the magic happen...as the bank account is filled. They use their readers comments to start their next news story, or direction they will go. That is why it is fake news. Whipping your readers up, and then using their reaction for next top story is not journalism.

lol what's ironic? The media demands respect all the time. Yet, don't think they want the reaction they were looking for when they posted this article! Funny how that happens!

Upvote 0