Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My sympathy for Trump supporters, admittedly, is running fairly low these days. You don't "demand" respect; you earn it because you're a person who shows himself or herself to be worthy of my respect. The more you "demand" anything from me, the less inclined I am to give it to you. I don't like being dictated to.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It does get down to this thought though....one should care but don't care. I'd be nice to live in a world one in which I think we did have where people could disagree without being disagreeable. It's refreshing the rare time you can still see that. If someone hates me because I say wouldn't have voted for the Dems or Hillary Clinton well that's fine...they can think and and believe what they want! If they want to hold that there was no justifiable reason not to have voted for Hill they can hold to that opinion until the cows come home. Free country. Their choice.

I counted 25 reasons why I didn't feel Clinton was a good pick and I mean I counted them out and wrote them down, BUT NO those who can't show any respect for another opinion might have liked to dismiss all those concerns as invalid. I think at least rational people might say well I can see your point here or see your point there BUT here's points on the other side...at least that opens the door for a reasonable fair discussion.

It breaks my heart that nobody or very few are willing to do that anymore. It makes me wonder if the left did achieve in overthrowing Trump and make no mistake that seems to be their only goal.....if that was realized would they really feel good and proud of what they had done or the type of nation they'd now created? Having taken away the freedom of speech as a thing to be celebrated and in it's place bullying and crushing into the dust anybody who has even the slightest difference of opinion than the media gods.... well I'm not sure anyone could esteem it as some kind of wonderful new world. It sounds like more of the Dark Times in Star Wars and it may take at least two generations to get the lights back on.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sympathy for Trump supporters, admittedly, is running fairly low these days. You don't "demand" respect; you earn it because you're a person who shows himself or herself to be worthy of my respect. The more you "demand" anything from me, the less inclined I am to give it to you. I don't like being dictated to.
Ringo

lol you do realize they are speaking about ONE guy in the article right?

No one likes being dictated to, and yet in our culture its a thing! Within the last 10 years or more we have been dictated and moralized to from all angles. It doesn't matter which political angle - it seems to be the go to way of communication. We have lost our way.

You don't agree? The name calling or the labeling of what you REALLY are comes out - or so they claim while looking down their noses at you from the morally superior pedestal. We don't even debate anymore - we just bully. Don't agree with something? No problem your a hater anyway, and here is your phobia we decided you must have as well. Don't bother explaining - its to late for that - we will just scream you down. lol is that not demanding? The only respect they have earned is from their friends who thinks their behavior is downright awesome!

Look to our culture of people that have a rally or protest demanding something instead of talking about their points to gain support - which a thing too. When they protest, attack and demean people with a difference of opinion? They pretty have the same response you did. This group of people are demanding respect from the population when they are incapable of showing WHY they should. People don't like being dictated to, and they will be less inclined to give as well. It's another odd aspect of this culture.

Bobber has a point. People are incapable of disagreement today without being disagreeable. Its articles like the one linked to that helps contribute to such nonsense. It's a good stir the pot article, but there really isn't any substance to it. I mean anyone can go out a find a nilly to say anything - its not that hard!

When Michelle Obama said, "When they go low we will go high"? I wonder if she realized how much our culture had changed since she entered the White House. Your forced to live a fish bowl existence there, and you couldn't pay me enough to deal with that. Anyway, today is more like a rush to bottom. Its a sad state of affairs.

Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Trump himself doesn't earn respect from people. No other president is treated like Trump by Americans.

(quote) Naked Trump statue goes for $28,000 at auction (PHOTOS) Viral
by Janbaz Rao, 5/7.2018

The last remaining of the infamous statues that have not been vandalized or destroyed, entitled “The Emperor Has No Balls,” went for $28,000 at Julien’s biannual auction in Los Angeles.

Naked Trump statue goes for $28,000 at auction (PHOTOS) – Daily Pakistan

• Informative
Reactions: Jack Slatts
Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I voted for Trump and know plenty of other people who voted for Trump, and I can't imagine a scenario where any of us care how much people respect us or don't respect us. People say nasty things about Trump supporters, and some threaten violence. I take threats of violence seriously, and I cull those people from my life, but apart from those threats (whether general or specific), my life is unaffected by the opinions of those who don't like how I voted.

• Agree
Reactions: HannahT
Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
It's strange when De Niro says "F**k Trump" at Tony Awards, he got a standing ovation. Are all audience anti- Trump that much?

Robert De Niro says “F**k Trump” at Tony Awards
The Radio City Music Hall crowd roared and gave De Niro a standing ovation Sunday night

RACHEL LEAH JUNE 11, 2018

bert De Niro was called upon to introduce Bruce Springsteen's musical performance at the 72nd Tony Awards Sunday night, but it was his introduction that was one of the award show's most memorable moments.

"I’m going to say one thing: F**k Trump," De Niro said, full-throated and with bass and bite.

The audience erupted into roars, and the actor pumped his fists in the air. De Niro paused and waited for the applause and cheers to die down so his next words could be heard unequivocally: "It’s no longer down with Trump. It’s f**k Trump."

The crowd at Radio City Music Hall in New York City gave De Niro a sustained, standing ovation for his word choice and political statement, while CBS successfully bleeped out the expletive for the live telecast. In fact, after the show, many viewers watching from home wondered which profanity he used, twice.

But social media cleared it up:

Robert De Niro says "F**k Trump" at Tony Awards

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Trump was abandoned by most players of Eagles.

Eagles Offer to Send 2 Or 3 Players, The Owner and the Mascot to WH. Trump Says Don't bother

etvideo1ataol
Rockstar
06-05-2018 10:15:43 AM

The Eagles first were going to have most of the players come to the White House, then they said it would be fewer players. Then wanted to change the date to when the President would be in Singapore.

Finally, they said it would be 2 or 3 players, the Owner and the Team Mascot.

Trump said, Don't bother.

Eagles Offer to Send 2 Or 3 Players, The Owner and... - The eBay Community

Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Donald Trump 'lacks character' for hotel liquor licence
21 June 2018

A hotel owned by US President Donald Trump should have its liquor licence revoked, a group of religious leaders and judges say.

Local laws say only people "of good character" can hold a liquor licence.
The president, the complaint alleges, "is not a person of good character".

Former judges Joan Goldfrank and Henry Kennedy Jnr are among the signatories to the complaint, as are rabbis Jack Moline and Aaron Potek, and pastors Timothy Tee Boddie, Jennifer Butler and William Lamar IV.

They cite the numerous allegations of sexual assault against Donald Trump in the filing, as well as his "many outright racist comments".

The president denied being a racist after a row broke out over his alleged use of the word "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]hole" to describe African nations.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44557186

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Trump, En-Route To Mass Protests Against Him In London, Claims The City Really Likes Him
Esquire ,Olivia Ovenden, July 12, 2018

"I think they like me a lot in the UK; I think they agree with me on immigration," he said. "You see what's going on throughout the world with immigration... I think that's why Brexit happened."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-london-really-likes-142700068.html

He thought people really likes him.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Trump, En-Route To Mass Protests Against Him In London, Claims The City Really Likes Him
Esquire ,Olivia Ovenden, July 12, 2018

"I think they like me a lot in the UK; I think they agree with me on immigration," he said. "You see what's going on throughout the world with immigration... I think that's why Brexit happened."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-london-really-likes-142700068.html

He thought people really likes him.
Well we will just have to see how they react, won’t we.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...ndon-with-a-mixed-reception-a3882596.html?amp

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Donald Trump 'lacks character' for hotel liquor licence
21 June 2018

A hotel owned by US President Donald Trump should have its liquor licence revoked, a group of religious leaders and judges say.

Local laws say only people "of good character" can hold a liquor licence.
The president, the complaint alleges, "is not a person of good character".

Former judges Joan Goldfrank and Henry Kennedy Jnr are among the signatories to the complaint, as are rabbis Jack Moline and Aaron Potek, and pastors Timothy Tee Boddie, Jennifer Butler and William Lamar IV.

They cite the numerous allegations of sexual assault against Donald Trump in the filing, as well as his "many outright racist comments".

The president denied being a racist after a row broke out over his alleged use of the word "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]hole" to describe African nations.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44557186
You should pop that bubble you are in.

http://blog.dilbert.com/2017/08/17/how-to-know-youre-in-a-mass-hysteria-bubble/

Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Nike's Online Sales Soar After Colin Kaepernick Ad Campaign Launches

Mary Papenfuss,HuffPost• September 8, 2018

Nike’s online sales have rocketed since the company revealed that former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick would be the face of its 30th anniversary “Just Do It” ad campaign. President Donald Trump, who railed against Nike’s homage to the gridiron protester, insisted Wednesday that Nike was “getting absolutely killed with anger and boycotts” because of the ad.

Online sales jumped 27 percent from Sunday through Wednesday, according to Edison Trends, a Silicon Valley digital sales and trends research firm. Nike’s sales decreased 2 percent during the same period last year, according to Edison figures.

Ironically, while the president’s supporters were trash-talking Nike, Trump boasted in an interview with the Daily Caller: “Nike is a tenant of mine. They pay a lot of rent.” Forbes has estimated Nike was paying $13 million a year in rent.

The company’s flagship store was located in Trump Tower but moved out this year for another Manhattan location. Nike’s new landlords are still covering its Trump Tower rent on the Nike lease, which runs until 2022, Bloomberg reported earlier this year.

Some Trump supporters boasted on social media that they’re burning their Nike gear and even recommended buying Nike shoes “favored by liberals” and torching them — which would help boost Nike’s bottom line

• Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I noticed that around here where I live, the biggest sellers of athletic shoes suddenly
put their Nike shoes on sale after the Colin Kaepernick hiring was reported...but not any other brands of shoes. That was unusual.

Yeh, I am sure that sales did go up.

And if the stores were to sell their Nike shoes for even less, the sales would probably go higher still. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I noticed that around here where I live, the biggest sellers of athletic shoes suddenly
put their Nike shoes on sale after the Colin Kaepernick hiring was reported...but not any other brands of shoes. That was unusual.

And if the stores were to sell their Nike shoes for even less, the sales would probably go higher still. ;)
Hmmm, are you saying they hire a guy, launch a ad campaign, put shoes on sale and sales increase? Nah, they would rather blame it on Trump. Sounds better than a marketing blitz. ;)

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Mary Papenfuss,HuffPost• September 8, 2018

Nike’s online sales have rocketed since the company revealed that former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick would be the face of its 30th anniversary “Just Do It” ad campaign. President Donald Trump, who railed against Nike’s homage to the gridiron protester, insisted Wednesday that Nike was “getting absolutely killed with anger and boycotts” because of the ad.

Online sales jumped 27 percent from Sunday through Wednesday, according to Edison Trends, a Silicon Valley digital sales and trends research firm. Nike’s sales decreased 2 percent during the same period last year, according to Edison figures.

Ironically, while the president’s supporters were trash-talking Nike, Trump boasted in an interview with the Daily Caller: “Nike is a tenant of mine. They pay a lot of rent.” Forbes has estimated Nike was paying $13 million a year in rent.

The company’s flagship store was located in Trump Tower but moved out this year for another Manhattan location. Nike’s new landlords are still covering its Trump Tower rent on the Nike lease, which runs until 2022, Bloomberg reported earlier this year.

Some Trump supporters boasted on social media that they’re burning their Nike gear and even recommended buying Nike shoes “favored by liberals” and torching them — which would help boost Nike’s bottom line

Hmmm, are you saying they hire a guy, launch a ad campaign, put shoes on sale and sales increase? Nah, they would rather blame it on Trump. Sounds better than a marketing blitz. ;)

No. She's not saying anything that complicated. She's trying to claim that where she lives is "The Real America"TM and that online sales are not indicitive of how "real" Americans think & feel.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No. She's not saying anything that complicated. She's trying to claim that where she lives is "The Real America"TM and that online sales are not indicitive of how "real" Americans think & feel.
So everyone else lives in the fake America?

But I agree, despite the propaganda of the fake news outlets most Americans are quite happy with the increased economy under Trump.

I am confused why she would wonder why only Nike shoes went on sale when only Nike had an add campaign after hiring him.

Add campaign + shoes on sale = increased sales. Nothing political to it really. Except that’s what the fake news wants people to believe.

I agree with Albion, had they reduced prices even more, they would have sold more shoes....

Upvote 0

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm a Trump supporter and I don't demand respect. They take a quote from one supporter and credit all supporters for it. That's how fake news works.

I certainly don't have respect for Democrats for favoring the murder of the unborn, and I don't care if Democrats don't respect me for being America First.

Amen. I couldn't care less.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I try to always begin with a presumption of respect for everyone I encounter. You already have it. Its yours to lose.

The problem is Trump people can so quickly squander that respect, at least in the context of discussion. In the rest of life, I realize that most of them are basically decent people like everyone else.

Upvote 0