✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There goes my Walpurgisnacht.

President Donald Trump said Sunday he would extend nationwide social distancing guidelines for another 30 days, an abrupt back-down from his push to reopen the country as coronavirus continues to spread.
My times are in thy hand;
my God, I wish them there;
my life, my friends, my soul, I leave
entirely to thy care.

My times are in Thy hand,
whatever they may be;
pleasing or painful, dark or bright,
as best may seem to Thee.

My times are in Thy hand;
why should I doubt or fear?
My Father's hand will never cause
His child a needless tear.

Jesus the Crucified;
those hands my cruel sins had pierced
are now my guard and guide.

I'll always trust in Thee;
and, after death, at Thy right hand
I shall forever be.
--W.F. Lloyd, 1824

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is just admitting to what the rest of us knew.
That there is enough community spread combined with irresponsible people that we need to bunker down to help get this under control.

Especially now that the midwest is having their own hot spots.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think waiting just another month for social distancing to be lifted isnt so bad,
considering I was initially thinking it would take aleast a few months for life to be back to normal.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is this? Is Trump canceling Easter?
No, the President... he’s really smart, you know, is simply postponing Easter. Gotta problem with that?

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No, the President... he’s really smart, you know, is simply postponing Easter. Gotta problem with that?
Yes. Easter will be postponed until April of 2021, but it will still be called the 2020 Easter.

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Easter will be postponed until April of 2021, but it will still be called the 2020 Easter.
I keep thinking of a scene from the Steven Kellogg kids book about Paul Bunyan. After hibernating though a blizzard that lasted for years Paul and his crew emerge into spring and immediately throw a gigantic party that encompassed all the holidays, birthdays etc that they missed.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I keep thinking of a scene from the Steven Kellogg kids book about Paul Bunyan. After hibernating though a blizzard that lasted for years Paul and his crew emerge into spring and immediately throw a gigantic party that encompassed all the holidays, birthdays etc that they missed.
I dont know. I suspect socializing will return with a whimper, not a bang.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Note Debbie Birx' comments from Sunday:

Simultaneously, the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, led by professor Chris Murray, was doing something similar. “When we finished, the other group that was working in parallel, which we didn't know about, IHME and Chris Murray ended up at the same numbers,” Birx said in the Rose Garden on Sunday evening.

Murray predicts that April 15 will be when the demand for hospital resources reaches its peak nationally. On that day, he estimates that the country’s hospitals will be short 61,509 beds and 15,103 intensive care units – and need 26,753 ventilators. His current projection is that 2,271 Americans will die on April 15 alone. The number would then begin to go down slightly each day. By Aug. 4, he projects that the coronavirus will have killed 82,141 people throughout the country. Murray’s website has a user-friendly dashboard with state-by-state breakdowns and charts showing all these metrics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2020/03/30/daily-202-coronavirus-model-touted-by-white-house-assumes-social-distancing-will-stay-in-effect-through-may/5e8196e988e0fa101a75580d/?itid=hp_hp-banner-main_daily202-110pm:homepage/story-ans

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Don’t know about that, I’m expecting bars here to be absolutely packed the first night they’re allowed to re-open.
First day the gym is open, I’m calling out for work and claiming dibs on the first treadmill I can touch. You’re gonna have to fight me to get me off that thing.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
First day the gym is open, I’m calling out for work and claiming dibs on the first treadmill I can touch. You’re gonna have to fight me to get me off that thing.

Once bjj classes resume, I might have some semblance of a chance, since everybody else will (hopefully) be out of shape, too.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I get the feeling when the gyms reopen its going to be worse than the new years resolution crowd. At present I am having to make do with one kettlebell, granted it is a cool one.

Upvote 0