Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
from: Here's how candidates endorsed by Trump performed in the midterm elections
"On the House side, Trump-endorsed candidates broadly performed well: 141 of the 162 endorsed candidates had been deemed election winners by AP as of Wednesday afternoon.​
"Nine candidates backed by Trump have lost their elections"​

"When it comes to general-election candidates endorsed by Trump, the former president’s win rate is relatively high: at least 68% on the Senate side, with four races yet to be decided, and at least 87% on the House side, with 12 outstanding races.​
"Trump’s Senate win rate could go as high as 88% if all his remaining candidates win; if only the candidates who are currently leading win, his rate would be 76%. His House rate would tick up to 90% if the five candidates he endorsed who are currently leading win.​

ok so that is an "odd" result to then have all the liberal doom-and-gloom summaries about Trump as if the election results demonstrate that he did not know up from down about elections. It is almost as if the rule they use is "if Trump does not perform miracle then we can ignore his views".

I looks to me like he is still taking up a lot of real estate in liberal news minds these days.

Reactions: HARK!

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump is widely known for taking up a lot of real estate wherever he goes haha. Maybe he'll go up to Georgia and help Hershel Walker help democrats more. I apologize friend, but Trump's winning record is like a fighter only picking fights he thinks he will win. Trump was very successful picking dogcatchers, but secretaries of state, senators and governors? Trump's record is abysmal. This is just an interesting fact.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Most of the candidates endorsed by Trump were incumbents in red, red, red districts like ours. They were sure to win, kind of like the odds on favorites in horse races.
While all the ones he supported could reliably be expected to support him in turn, some of them stayed under the radar. They weren't out making speeches that made most people dumbfounded and stupefied. To a casual voter, their ideas might have seemed almost mainstream. Shudder.
But did he make any inroads? Other than JD Vance, whose win was probably much more due to his good buddies in the venture capitalist and hedge fund businesses, it seemed as though Trump's support repelled more people than it attracted.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What level did the 'lib media' claim? Why are you quoting lib media as the OP story? Isn't this evidence the assumptions behind your headline are wrong?

Why are you quoting a week old story?

Three tossup Senate races have not yet been called by the AP. In each of those races, the Republican candidates were endorsed by Trump: Blake Masters in Arizona, Herschel Walker in Georgia and Adam Laxalt in Nevada. Laxalt currently leads by 3 points, with 75% of the vote reported, and Masters trails by 5 points, with 68% reported.

Masters and Laxalt have both been declared losers.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you miss is that many of the House and Senate races are not heavily contested. For example, it is over 50 years since a Democratic US Senate candidate won in Utah. I believe it is the same, over 50 years, since a Republican candidate became a US Senator from California. And over 50 years since a Democrat US Senator was elected from Oklahoma. A large number of states are this way.

It gets even easier when you talk about the House -- particularly in states like Texas where the Congressional districts are heavily gerrymandered -- giving one of the parties a significant percentage advantage -- you can almost always predict what the party of the winner will be in most districts. It gets even easier to predict when you realize that incumbents are re-elected, on average, about 90% of the time (though it can vary a bit from election to election, but is typically in the 85-95% range).

As such, Trump being "correct" on so many races is nothing to brag about -- it is the easiest things in the world to do. The question is, how many races did he "win" that were considered to be contested races? This is where Trump did badly. This is one of those times a news source is trying to misuse statistics to push a false narrative.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
from: Here's how candidates endorsed by Trump performed in the midterm elections
"On the House side, Trump-endorsed candidates broadly performed well: 141 of the 162 endorsed candidates had been deemed election winners by AP as of Wednesday afternoon.​

"When it comes to general-election candidates endorsed by Trump, the former president’s win rate is relatively high: at least 68% on the Senate side, with four races yet to be decided, and at least 87% on the House side, with 12 outstanding races.​
"Trump’s Senate win rate could go as high as 88% if all his remaining candidates win; if only the candidates who are currently leading win, his rate would be 76%. His House rate would tick up to 90% if the five candidates he endorsed who are currently leading win.​

ok so that is an "odd" result to then have all the liberal doom-and-gloom summaries about Trump as if the election results demonstrate that he did not know up from down about elections. It is almost as if the rule they use is "if Trump does not perform miracle then we can ignore his views".

I looks to me like he is still taking up a lot of real estate in liberal news minds these days.

The problem with this statistic is that many of those elections were not competitive at all. Furthermore, the criticism of Trump is that he would back more fringe candidates in the primaries (causing them to win those primaries), but then they'd perform badly in the general election.

Thus the "141 of 162" is a useless number. One should only be examining cases where Trump endorsed a candidate in a primary that wasn't certain to go to that candidate to begin with and the general election was one that could have plausibly gone for either the Democrat or the Republican.

So, for example, Ron Johnson and Marco Rubio should not be counted, as they would have won their primaries regardless of what Trump did; Rubio had no primary challengers, and the only one who went up against Johnson was clearly doing so as a protest rather than a serious candidate.

Similarly, we shouldn't be counting people like John Boozman, who won in Arkansas; it's a state the Republican is going to win regardless of who gets nominated by either party. And, to be fair, we shouldn't be counting losses in non-competitive states either, like Leora Levy losing in Connecticut. Finally, only cases where he give an endorsement during the primary should be counted; giving one after the primary is irrelevant for this purpose.

So once we get rid of all of those cases, here are the ones we seem to be left with:

Ted Budd (North Carolina): Won
J.D. Vance (Ohio): Won
Herschel Walker (Georgia): Find out next month in the runoff!
Blake Masters (Arizona): Lost
Adam Laxalt (Nevada): Lost
Mehmet Oz (Pennsylvania): Lost (note that Oz was Trump's second choice; his first endorsement was Sean Parnell, but he was an even worse candidate than Oz that got hit with a bunch of scandals that caused him to withdraw during the primary, and Trump changed his endorsement to Oz.)

Obviously we can't give a definite percentage rate here, as we don't know if Walker will win or not. Still, even if he wins, Trump is only 50/50 with the endorsements, and if he loses than Trump only had 33% of them elected.

Now, the above was just for the Senate; it took me long enough to figure it out for the Senate I wasn't interested in evaluating the House and Govenror. But here is a full list of his endorsements (which is what I was working off of for the Senate), and if anyone is interested they can try to figure it out for House or Governors:

EDIT: Upon reflection, I don't think Walker should be counted, which Trump 40% success with the Senate endorsements. See my subsequent post.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If that doesn't work there is always numerology.
Denial with nonsense math added, not sure if that’s better or worse than garden variety denial.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Denial with nonsense math added, not sure if that’s better or worse than garden variety denial.

Worse. Because then you *also* have to deal with the nonsense math. (In other cases, nonsense science, history, logic, pick your poison we've got it all here.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't picture Walker winning at this point (especially since the Vampire/Werewolf speech at a rally.)

His winning wouldn't do a thing to change the situation in the Senate. Whether the Democrats have 50 or 51 seats they are still stuck with Manchin, the spoiler. He votes with Democrats about 72% of the time, and he would obviously vote for court and cabinet picks (most likely lower court appointees, but there will be plenty). Other than that, he has his own agenda.

About all Herschel Walker would do would be serving as raw material for SNL impersonations and skits, sort of like MTG and Boebert. What would be people's motivations to get out and vote for him?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,671.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't picture Walker winning at this point (especially since the Vampire/Werewolf speech at a rally.)

His winning wouldn't do a thing to change the situation in the Senate. Whether the Democrats have 50 or 51 seats they are still stuck with Manchin, the spoiler. He votes with Democrats about 72% of the time, and he would obviously vote for court and cabinet picks (most likely lower court appointees, but there will be plenty). Other than that, he has his own agenda.

About all Herschel Walker would do would be serving as raw material for SNL impersonations and skits, sort of like MTG and Boebert. What would be people's motivations to get out and vote for him?

Dems won't have to have a power sharing agreement with the GOP if they have 51.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Trump's candidates lost in critical swing races. Nobody cares about the areas Republicans won that were deep red, those areas were going to go red anyways, regardless of whether Trump endorsed them or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are right. President Trump is the best leader the world has ever seen. Perhaps best of all. President trump announced and every republican should stand by him and support him.
House is under GOP control. Next two years should be these agenda for GOP.
Investigate Hunter Biden.
Investigate Hunter Biden’s Laptop.
Investigate Hunter Biden and China deal.
Investigate Hunter Biden and Ukraine.
Investigate Hunter Biden laptop.
Investigate Hunter Biden and his laptop hard drive.
Investigate Hunter Biden and how FBI treated his laptop.
Investigate Hunter Biden.
WIN 2024 for President Trump.
Astonishingly, I agree with the second part of your post. If the Republican house spends the next two years relitigating baseless claims against people who aren't even in politics the public will begin to realize how foolish and shortsighted they are when they vote for vengeful people who wallow in the past rather than moving forward.

• Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If they think Independent and some swing Democrats care about Hunter Biden then they completely misunderstood this election.
I hope so, I look forward to the collapse of the party. Not because I am their partisan advisory, to butcher some Churchill the Democrats are the worst option save for the other one , but because after the 2020 election and its aftermath they deserve to go the way of the Whigs opening the way for an actual center right party to take the place of the "own the libs as a platform", if we lose its fraud, butterymales nonsense we currently have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Not NEARLY as much as he's taking up the real estate of Republicans mind's I can absolutely promise you that.

I mean, YOU guys have to deal with him.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What you miss is that many of the House and Senate races are not heavily contested. For example, it is over 50 years since a Democratic US Senate candidate won in Utah. I believe it is the same, over 50 years, since a Republican candidate became a US Senator from California. And over 50 years since a Democrat US Senator was elected from Oklahoma. A large number of states are this way.

It gets even easier when you talk about the House -- particularly in states like Texas where the Congressional districts are heavily gerrymandered -- giving one of the parties a significant percentage advantage -- you can almost always predict what the party of the winner will be in most districts. It gets even easier to predict when you realize that incumbents are re-elected, on average, about 90% of the time (though it can vary a bit from election to election, but is typically in the 85-95% range).

As such, Trump being "correct" on so many races is nothing to brag about -- it is the easiest things in the world to do. The question is, how many races did he "win" that were considered to be contested races? This is where Trump did badly. This is one of those times a news source is trying to misuse statistics to push a false narrative.
I've lived in the same district all of my life, the last Republican member of Congress for this district was in the 1940s.

Upvote 0