Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would never attack you for your learning disability. I don't see how anything you've said here can be attributed to it. It's not about how you communicate. We're refuting what you're communicating.
Because I don't have the full mental capacity to post exactly how you want me to post. I try my best and sometimes things get lost in translation. I do try my best, and if that's not good enough, if you can't fully understand that I have trouble fully expressing my meaning, then the simple answer is to put me on ignore. I'd rather people did that if they can't understand where I'm coming from.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Because I don't have the full mental capacity to post exactly how you want me to post. I try my best and sometimes things get lost in translation. I do try my best, and if that's not good enough, if you can't fully understand that I have trouble fully expressing my meaning, then the simple answer is to put me on ignore. I'd rather people did that if they can't understand where I'm coming from.
I'm telling you that I don't see any reason to believe that I've misunderstood your meaning. I just think you're wrong. I don't think any of us is confused by what you've said. We just disagree.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
yeah, like people don't antagonize me. Like goading me by rating my posts "prayers". I'm perfectly capable of having a discussion, but the moment I post something, it's YOU GUYS who get upset at me because I defend Trump. And it's YOU GUYS who can't handle it when someone defends Trump, so it's YOU GUYS who start taking pot shots at me and make it personal.

So, again, if you don't like how I communicate, then put me on ignore. While I do try my best to take responsibility for myself, and I apologize frequently and try new ways, you can't exactly fix a learning disability. That might actually require others to be a bit more understanding. Or not, that's up to you.

Go back to the 2nd post of this thread. In response to a serious OP, you flippantly wrote "LOL". That's antagonistic right there, Saucy. Do you really not understand that? You made the choice to come to this thread, the choice in what you wrote. The ignore feature works both ways. If you don't like what folks have written, put them on ignore so that you don't have to read the posts.

• Agree
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟840,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would never attack you for your learning disability. I don't see how anything you've said here can be attributed to it. It's not about how you communicate. We're refuting what you're communicating.

I think you're fully capable of comprehending that an "(R)" after someone's name doesn't mean that they can do no wrong, and that people with "(D)" after their names aren't the only ones who lie, cheat, misuse the media, capitalize off grief, etc. I'm not going to get into a game of who does it more, because that's silly, but I will certainly call someone out for making such absolute statements the way you do.

You're also capable of understanding that not everyone fits into one of these two groups, and that those who do are fully-fledged human beings beyond their political affiliation.
I do understand it, and as I've explained, I get the difference. I don't have the capacity to fully explain it. I've said several times before, when I say "you" or "you guys", it's not necessarily pointed directly at YOU. It's not a blanket statement against all democrats. It's not saying only democrats are against Trump. I get the dynamics, but I struggle in my delivery in pointing it out every single time. I have great difficulty in how I explain things, because I mean one thing, but it comes across differently than how I intend them. I've asked repeatedly for understanding in that matter. I've PM'd people, I've apologized, I've tried to bury the hatchet with everyone I've gone toe to toe with.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟840,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Go back to the 2nd post of this thread. In response to a serious OP, you flippantly wrote "LOL". That's antagonistic right there, Saucy. Do you really not understand that? You made the choice to come to this thread, the choice in what you wrote. The ignore feature works both ways. If you don't like what folks have written, put them on ignore so that you don't have to read the posts.
Just leave me alone. I don't want you or Cearball to interact with me again. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
yeah, like people don't antagonize me. Like goading me by rating my posts "prayers".
Did it not occur to you that the prayers might be legitimate? That the person was disheartened by your attitude and wants you to reflect? My reaction was much the same when I saw that post of yours, but I chose not to use the reactions.

It's very telling that you don't see a problem with your post, but you assume the worst of the prayers reaction.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder what would have happened if Obama had shown this type of callousness and dismissiveness to fallen troops (not that he would have, since he actually has class)?

I'm sure Republicans would have shrugged their shoulders and moved on to claim that Kelly's statements are unimpeachable gospel truth, just like this week.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟840,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Did it not occur to you that the prayers might be legitimate? That the person was disheartened by your attitude and wants you to reflect? My reaction was much the same when I saw that post of yours, but I chose not to use the reactions.

It's very telling that you don't see a problem with your post, but you assume the worst of the prayers reaction.
It's very telling that you don't seem to understand that there are many ways to take into context what was said. YOU personally chose to take it in the worst possible negative way. That's your choice and that's on you. I don't see anything wrong with my post. I already explained that I would've taken it, as I took it when i first heard this story, as if Trump was calling the man a hero. "He knew what he was getting into" to me sounds like he's saying the man knew he was risking his life for his country, but that doesn't make it any less sad when we lose someone. If that's horrible and disgusting to you, then so be it. But I don't automatically go to my worst gut feeling and take everything Trump says so personally or negatively like you seem to do.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Just leave me alone. I don't want you or Cearball to interact with me again. Thanks.

It'll be a relief to not have you post in the threads I create anymore, so folks can stay on topic. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟840,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder what would have happened if Obama had shown this type of callousness and dismissiveness to fallen troops (not that he would have, since he actually has class)?

I'm sure Republicans would have shrugged their shoulders and moved on to claim that Kelly's statements are unimpeachable gospel truth, just like this week.
Ringo
Yeah, Obama was perfect, right? He never disrespected the military? Like the time he forgot to salute a soldier? Or the time he did with a cup of coffee in his hand? Or how about when he decided to go golfing instead of attending the funeral of one of the highest ranking officials to get killed? What about after an incident, when about 30 soldiers were killed and Obama was going to come, the families asked him not to bring cameras, and he did anyway, and their families seeing their loved ones caskets for the first time was plastered all over the news?

Overwhelming the military didn't like Obama, and there are many reasons why.

Here's what the US military really thinks about Obama

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
American friends, i have grown to love America.
Please don't let the political Punch and Judy show divide you any further.
They're all scum with hidden agendas.
Just vote or don't vote and pray to God He will take care of things.
God's word is worth much more than a politician's word.
Don't let the earth dwellers drive this wedge between you.

(yeah, as if my comment can even influence American citizens..)

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟840,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
American friends, i have grown to love America.
Please don't let the political Punch and Judy show divide you any further.
They're all scum with hidden agendas.
Just vote or don't vote and pray to God He will take care of things.
God's word is worth much more than a politician's word.
Don't let the earth dwellers drive this wedge between you.

(yeah, as if my comment can even influence American citizens..)
That's what I think anyway. People rightfully voted. God chose our president. Yet they feel the need to oppose and hate him anyway, and treat the rest of us like we're scum and deserve to be punished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's very telling that you don't seem to understand that there are many ways to take into context what was said. YOU personally chose to take it in the worst possible negative way. That's your choice and that's on you. I don't see anything wrong with my post. I already explained that I would've taken it, as I took it when i first heard this story, as if Trump was calling the man a hero. "He knew what he was getting into" to me sounds like he's saying the man knew he was risking his life for his country, but that doesn't make it any less sad when we lose someone. If that's horrible and disgusting to you, then so be it. But I don't automatically go to my worst gut feeling and take everything Trump says so personally or negatively like you seem to do.

No, Saucy...you’ve had to read in an awful lot to come up with that “man is a hero” interpretation.

But that’s almost irrelevant. What YOU think he meant doesn’t matter...it’s what WIDOW JOHNSON thinks it meant that is important! And SHE thinks he was clumsy and insensitive!

And how does he react to that...? He goes on the attack, just as he does with ANYONE who dares to disagree with his highness...!

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'll post wherever I want. Thanks.

Sure you've heard that expression about wanting to have your cake & eat it, too. If you don't want folks to interact with you, then you need to take responsibility for yourself in making that happen by not interacting with them. Or to use another common expression, to not throw rocks if you live in a glass house. Posting in the threads folks create, that's choosing to interact.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟840,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, Saucy...you’ve had to read in an awful lot to come up with that “man is a hero” interpretation.

But that’s almost irrelevant. What YOU think he meant doesn’t matter...it’s what WIDOW JOHNSON thinks it meant that is important! And SHE thinks he was clumsy and insensitive!

And how does he react to that...? He goes on the attack, just as he does with ANYONE who dares to disagree with his highness...!
Give me a break. This desperation to turn everything he does into a national tragedy is pathetic. It's not working. In fact, it will probably lose the democrats 2018 and even 2020 if they keep it up. We don't buy it.

Upvote 0