Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump lied about comfort and aid he gave dead soldiers and their grieving families for self aggrandizement. He claimed he had contacted "virtually every gold star family" to make himself look better. He had not.

And then he has gall to criticize NFL players kneeling in peaceful protest because it disrespects fallen soldiers.

In my opinion anyone who would do this thing, lie about aid for grieving families for self aggrandizement is a failure as a man and a human being. What do you think?

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump lied about comfort and aid he gave dead soldiers and their grieving families for self aggrandizement. He claimed he had contacted "virtually every gold star family" to make himself look better. He had not.

And then he has gall to criticize NFL players kneeling in peaceful protest because it disrespects fallen soldiers.

In my opinion anyone who would do this thing, lie about aid for grieving families for self aggrandizement is a failure as a man and a human being. What do you think?
Agree. But why is anyone surprised.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Since Trump cleared the playing field in the primaries I have believed he is a brick through the window. People are sick and tired of the status quo and when they wouldn't listen to the Tea Party, the Alt Right emerged. My guess is, it will get worse before it gets better and bashing Trump, even though I enjoy it, isn't going to fix the problem. Bannon has his hands back on his weapons and he is going after the Republican status quo, incumbents be afraid be very afraid.

I don't like his response to the NFL protests, I thought they were dignified and reflected some concerns I actually have. I say God bless them, go in peace, as protests go this one was benign. When it comes to speaking carelessly to a gold star mother I have a little less patience. These men gave their lives for this country, I would expect a more thoughtful response of their Commander in Chief. All he had to say was we grieve the loss and we are profoundly thankful for their service and we are very sorry for your loss. That appears to be too much to ask of him but am I surprised? When he made his asinine remarks about McCain because he was 'captured', I knew then he had no idea what it meant to serve.

I knew we wouldn't see his best work early, it's understandable under the circumstances. I just have a hard time with someone so withdrawn from the high price of service, especially when it is expressed so carelessly to a grieving mother.

That said, and it pains me to say it, this is between them. The only real casualty should be Trump's conscience with regards to his remarks and of course, the opinion of this gold star family. I'm offended, but deep down, I have the sneaking suspicion it's none of my business.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Essentially saying, "They know what they sign up for, but it's still difficult when this happens" isn't insensitive.
Insensitivity is now strictly defined by the hypersensitive politicians who oppose you. It has nothing to do with you being sensitive and everything to do with their opportunity to slam you. Trump is no saint, but on this I feel he is being unjustly attacked for political gain.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Wish the man could go for one day, just one day, without lying and taking a crap upon all the values held dear in the Bible.

I'm in the ROTC, many of my buddies come from military families. This man has shown that nothing is sacred to him. He'll disrespect our former POTUS', lie about them shamelessly. It's a huge disrespect to the military, to our country.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just wondering what the full context of the remarks were. We have a 'he said/she said' and it's easy to take the context out of what was meant and to take the words differently. Especially if you were the gold star mom who heard Trump's comments in a car on speaker phone. Or when you only hear one side of the conversation like the congresswoman did.

One gold star widow recorded and released Trump's call. He was very kind and courteous and respectful. So, to make it sound like he's just blatantly disrespectful and all of that is dead wrong. I can understand if they took what Trump meant the wrong way, it sounds again like a political attack than truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wish the man could go for one day, just one day, without lying and taking a crap upon all the values held dear in the Bible.

I'm in the ROTC, many of my buddies come from military families. This man has shown that nothing is sacred to him. He'll disrespect our former POTUS', lie about them shamelessly. It's a huge disrespect to the military, to our country.
I wish we could go one day without the media and never-Trumpers lying and lying and lying. That's all they do.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I wish we could go one day with the media and never-Trumpers lying and lying and lying. That's all they do.

Well Saucy, Christians are supposed to call out lies & deceit. There's no way around it, that's what Trump did. It's a disgrace, and it's wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well Saucy, Christians are supposed to call out lies & deceit. There's no way around it, that's what Trump did. It's a disgrace, and it's wrong.
Yet I don't see you call out the media. I don't see you call out anyone but Trump in these areas. You guys just buy everything you hear that's negative, you shrug off everything you hear that' positive, and hold on to your bitterness towards him. What's Christian about that? Christians are also supposed to submit to their leaders and respect them because it was GOD who put Trump into office, just like the bible says.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yet I don't see you call out the media. I don't see you call out anyone but Trump in these areas. You guys just buy everything you hear that's negative, you shrug off everything you hear that' positive, and hold on to your bitterness towards him. Christians are also supposed to submit to their leaders and respect them because it was GOD who put Trump into office, just like the bible says.

Saucy, you just had a pout in the thread I made yesterday calling out the media.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What I find even more disgusting is how everything is politicized. The media tried turning Puerto Rico into Trump's Katrina. The media tried turning the tragedy in Niger into Trump's Benghazi. Just like the democratic motto: never let a tragedy go to waste. Every thing that happens, they find a way to politicize it. Somehow even Vegas was Trump's fault.

They tell me over and over again, "It's Obama's budget until October first", but when the job numbers show loss of jobs in September, under "Obama's budget" I hear, "way to go Trump! Great job breaking the streak of job growth!" totally discarding the hurricanes and other disasters.

EVERYTHING is being politicized and it's DISGUSTING.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You guys just buy everything you hear that's negative, you shrug off everything you hear that' positive
Theeeemmmmm
Essentially saying, "They know what they sign up for, but it's still difficult when this happens" isn't insensitive.
What about promising a grieving family $25k in aid and not sending it until they tell the press that you didn't follow through?
The media tried turning Puerto Rico into Trump's Katrina.
Oh please, he did that himself. They didn't have to do anything. All he had to do was not go down the 'lazy Mexicans' path. It's not that hard to be a decent person, and he blew it. Again.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What I find even more disgusting is how everything is politicized. The media tried turning Puerto Rico into Trump's Katrina. The media tried turning the tragedy in Niger into Trump's Benghazi. Just like the democratic motto: never let a tragedy go to waste. Every thing that happens, they find a way to politicize it. Somehow even Vegas was Trump's fault.

They tell me over and over again, "It's Obama's budget until October first", but when the job numbers show loss of jobs in September, under "Obama's budget" I hear, "way to go Trump! Great job breaking the streak of job growth!" totally discarding the hurricanes and other disasters.

EVERYTHING is being politicized and it's DISGUSTING.

So then you're disgusted with how Trump politicized what ought to be sacred & nonpartisan - honoring the soldiers who died fighting for their country? Do you really not understand that that's what he did?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Theeeemmmmm

What about promising a grieving family $25k in aid and not sending it until they tell the press that you didn't follow through?
He sent $25,000 of his own money to a family and that's all you can do is complain about it. Give me a break.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So then you're disgusted with how Trump politicized what ought to be sacred & nonpartisan - honoring the soldiers who died fighting for their country? Do you really not understand that that's what he did?
It wasn't Trump. It was the congresswoman who had to go around telling lies.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
He sent $25,000 of his own money to a family and that's all you can do is complain about it. Give me a break.
Oh yeah, it sounds great if you leave out the part where he only sent it once they told on him. You can't possibly think that what he did was ok. Are you serious?
It wasn't Trump. It was the congresswoman who had to go around telling lies.
What lies? The family confirmed it. Are you a couple days behind in the news cycle?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You can't possibly think that what he did was ok. Are you serious?
It was his money. He said he would send it and he did. Has any other president given their own money towards a family? He didn't have to make the gesture. He didn't have to give anything at all, but yet, here you are politicizing something he did out of kindness.

You don't find it disgusting that now that the congresswoman said what she said, now reporters are going to scrounge around and find every single gold star family and ask them if Trump called and whether he was disrespectful of them?

You have no good comments about the good things he has done? This one comment, which was entirely "he said/she said", despite another video coming out displaying Trump's kindness and courtesy towards another gold star family, despite giving $25,000 of his own money to another, this ONE comment is just disgusting?

GIVE ME A BREAK! I don't buy this phony outrage from YOU GUYS anymore. I just don't. It's fake. I'm supposed to buy that everything this guy does is so disgusting, dirty, underhanded, and deceitful and just get totally outraged by every word he says. Come on.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Every thing that happens, they find a way to politicize it.
It's so funny how you manage to convince yourself that only one party does all the things you don't like.
It was his money. He said he would send it and he did.
What exactly is your defense of his actions? Yes, of course if you leave out the bad part, it's not bad. But that's not reality.
GIVE ME A BREAK! I don't buy this phony outrage from YOU GUYS anymore.
THEEEEEMMMMM :eek:

Upvote 0