Trump Could Be Doomed If Convicted - A Trial Occur in Time?

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟266,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
There are very very few conservatives living in New York. The chances of a jury having any conservatives at all is very slim considering the mathematical

There are more people in New York City who voted for Donald Trump than voted for him from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, or Wyoming. To suggest there is very few Trump supporters in NYC is false.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟99,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have tried to think. It has nothing to do with Trump's legal issues.

There are very very few conservatives living in New York. The chances of a jury having any conservatives at all is very slim considering the mathematical odds.
Considering neither of us knows who was on the jury, let alone what any member's political views or affiliations are, we have no idea how many conservatives were on either jury. If there weren't enough to satisfy Trump, then his legal team should have done a better job during voie dire.

Not true. I know a great deal about defamation suits and they are the hardest law suits to win!
Sure. Of course, I never said you could win, I only said you could sue.

We little folk do not have the power to arrest people based on their political beliefs and then accuse them of defamation to get them thrown into prison. Sorry but we cannot sue over defamation. That's the hardest law suit to win besides trying to prove, in a court of law, that your employer discriminated against you.
Torts may be difficult to win, but they're not impossible. I know a couple of lawyers who have actually won several torts. E. Jean Carroll does, too.

I know a great deal about defamation cases. The average person cannot win a defamation case. This is all a circus put on by the Democrats.
People win defamation cases all the time. Maybe not everyone who tries, but many still actually do. It happens.

E. Jean Carroll, for example. Twice. Granted, it helps when the defendant continues to defame you while on trial for defamation, but I doubt many people are as dumb as Trump was to try that.

Both juries hand picked bu the Democrats. This case is not blind justice.
Still no. Voie dire. Seriously, look it up. It isn't an obscure legal term.

Maybe not,. But it will drain him of money based on false allegations.
Then maybe he shouldn't have defamed her. Especially not after being found guilty of it, and continuing to do so during the trial for additional damages.

Again, the little man cannot sue and win a defamation case.
And yet, they do. Maybe not every little man, but the ones who can make a strong case for it can win.

Open your eyes a little
They're open.

And you are willfully gullible enough to believe that.
First, I don't have to believe Trump defamed Jean Carroll. Two different juries found that he did.

Second, you do know that "gullible" isn't a real word, right? Seriously, check a dictionary, you won't find it.

Not true. A law suit over defamation is only something the wealthy can do. There are certain conditions you need to meet to win a defamation suit. There is no way the little man can win such a law suit. The little man does not have the resources to prove s/he was defamed, as defamation tends to be hashed by those who do the defaming.
Never said it was easy. Few lawsuits are, when you come down to it.

An all Democrat jury that suffered with Trump Derangement Disorder.
Still no. You have no idea who was on either jury, so don't pretend you do. Trump's legal team, on the other hand, does know...because they, and Carroll's lawyers, selected the jury during voie dire.

Is this what you keep telling yourself?
It's what the facts show.

-- A2SG, feel free to provide any facts to the contrary....

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I have tried to think. It has nothing to do with Trump's legal issues.

Considering neither of us knows who was on the jury, let alone what any member's political views or affiliations are, we have no idea how many conservatives were on either jury. If there weren't enough to satisfy Trump, then his legal team should have done a better job during voie dire.

Sure. Of course, I never said you could win, I only said you could sue.

Torts may be difficult to win, but they're not impossible. I know a couple of lawyers who have actually won several torts. E. Jean Carroll does, too.

People win defamation cases all the time. Maybe not everyone who tries, but many still actually do. It happens.

E. Jean Carroll, for example. Twice. Granted, it helps when the defendant continues to defame you while on trial for defamation, but I doubt many people are as dumb as Trump was to try that.

Still no. Voie dire. Seriously, look it up. It isn't an obscure legal term.

Then maybe he shouldn't have defamed her. Especially not after being found guilty of it, and continuing to do so during the trial for additional damages.

And yet, they do. Maybe not every little man, but the ones who can make a strong case for it can win.

They're open.

First, I don't have to believe Trump defamed Jean Carroll. Two different juries found that he did.

Second, you do know that "gullible" isn't a real word, right? Seriously, check a dictionary, you won't find it.

Never said it was easy. Few lawsuits are, when you come down to it.

Still no. You have no idea who was on either jury, so don't pretend you do. Trump's legal team, on the other hand, does know...because they, and Carroll's lawyers, selected the jury during voie dire.

It's what the facts show.

-- A2SG, feel free to provide any facts to the contrary....
Look, The Democrats have given me 101 reasons not to trust their legal system and not 1 reason to trust it. So there you go. You can't change my mind unless you change the party.

Trump 2024!!

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
There are more people in New York City who voted for Donald Trump than voted for him from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, or Wyoming. To suggest there is very few Trump supporters in NYC is false.
I guess Trump should have won New York then. And no, I do not believe your stats. Ridiculous. If that many New Yorkers voted for Trump he should have won and won BIG! Fact is, there are only a few Trump voters in all of New York. The overwhelming majority of people always vote for fascism and tyranny. I feel sorry for the few conservatives in New York. They should move to a more happy and free conservative state.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟99,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Look, The Democrats have given me 101 reasons not to trust their legal system
First, it isn't "their" legal system.

Second, what reasons do you have? Other than the effrontery to actually hold Donald Trump accountable for his criminal acts?

and not 1 reason to trust it.
Really? You can't think of a single legal case, in any jurisdiction, that you can agree with? Not even one??

So there you go. You can't change my mind unless you change the party.

Trump 2024!!
I'm not trying to change your party. I'd be content to get you to come back here to reality.

-- A2SG, at least for a visit.....

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
First, it isn't "their" legal system.

Second, what reasons do you have? Other than the effrontery to actually hold Donald Trump accountable for his criminal acts?

Really? You can't think of a single legal case, in any jurisdiction, that you can agree with? Not even one??

I'm not trying to change your party. I'd be content to get you to come back here to reality.

-- A2SG, at least for a visit.....
I already told you. I have 101 reasons to never trust Democrats. I don't have to list them either. Even if I did list them you'd come up with some excuse to justify them. Nothing you can say will ever change my mind
Trump 2024!!

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟99,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess Trump should have won New York then. And no, I do not believe your stats. Ridiculous. If that many New Yorkers voted for Trump he should have won and won BIG! Fact is, there are only a few Trump voters in all of New York. The overwhelming majority of people always vote for fascism and tyranny. I feel sorry for the few conservatives in New York. They should move to a more happy and free conservative state.
There were more than three million people in New York who voted for Trump in 2020.

I have no idea how many of them are actual conservatives, though. There is a Conservative party, but some conservatives are still Republicans, so who knows?

-- A2SG, dunno how many of them changed their minds since then, though....

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟99,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I already told you. I have 101 reasons to never trust Democrats.
So name a few. Just so we have an idea.

I don't have to list them either.
No, you don't have to. But would you? Just so we have some idea of what you're talking about?

Even if I did list them you'd come up with some excuse to justify them. Nothing you can say will ever change my mind
Trump 2024!!
Not trying to change your mind. I've only presented facts. Clearly, that's not going to do it, so why would I bother?

-- A2SG, not like you need my permission to vote for whomever you choose anyway....

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
There were more than three million people in New York who voted for Trump in 2020.

I have no idea how many of them are actual conservatives, though. There is a Conservative party, but some conservatives are still Republicans, so who knows?

-- A2SG, dunno how many of them changed their minds since then, though....
All Trump voters are conservatives. We are trying to conserve our country, to protect our country from national harm and danger. We are not the villans you've been told over and over we are. We conservatives have not changed for decades. The liberals are the ones who have changed and they are now leftists now.
New York is as blue of a state as it gets. New Yorkers love the punishment. They love crime. They vote for it every election. They love losing their rights to cook on a gas stove. They are gluttons for punishment. Same goes with Chicago. I have family living in Chicago and I tell them to move out as soon as they can. For 6 out of every 5 people are killed every day in Chicago.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟99,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
All Trump voters are conservatives. We are trying to conserve our country, to protect our country from national harm and danger. We are not the villans you've been told over and over we are.
I don't consider conservatives villains. I know quite a few, and can even agree with them at times.

I can tell you for certain, though, that not all conservatives voted for Trump, or would. Just so you know.

We conservatives have not changed for decades. The liberals are the ones who have changed and they are now leftists now.
New York is as blue of a state as it gets. New Yorkers love the punishment. They love crime. They vote for it every election. They love losing their rights to cook on a gas stove. They are gluttons for punishment. Same goes with Chicago. I have family living in Chicago and I tell them to move out as soon as they can. For 6 out of every 5 people are killed every day in Chicago.
Ah, so you're the expert, then.

So, how long have you lived in New York?

-- A2SG, only visited a few times myself....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟266,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

Reality doesn’t care about your beliefs. Trump failed to win NYC because more people voted for Biden in New York City. That doesn’t change the fact that almost 700,000 people in NYC voted for Trump. The results closely mirrored 2016 where more people voted for Trump in NYC than in the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Reality doesn’t care about your beliefs. Trump failed to win NYC because more people voted for Biden in New York City. That doesn’t change the fact that almost 700,000 people in NYC voted for Trump. The results closely mirrored 2016 where more people voted for Trump in NYC than in the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Yet out of the millions of people who voted Biden, what are the odds of a small percentage of Trump voters being selected by a Democrat run court system for a jury? If you think there are any Trump voters on that jury then you are naive and know very little about how corruption and the mafia work. Look what the mafia did to Giuliani. He was a hero of NYC and look how they fried him with fabricated charges. One day you'll see what I'm talking about if Biden wins. For your day is coming when you become obsolete and get cancelled. The what? What will you do? You've given them all the power and then when your number is up you have no one to blame but yourself.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟99,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yet out of the millions of people who voted Biden, what are the odds of a small percentage of Trump voters being selected by a Democrat run court system for a jury?
Pretty good, considering Trump's legal team has a hand in choosing them.

If you think there are any Trump voters on that jury then you are naive and know very little about how corruption and the mafia work.
Wait, wait...now the mafia's in charge of the legal system? When did they buy out the Democratic party?

Look what the mafia did to Giuliani. He was a hero of NYC and look how they fried him with fabricated charges.
When did the mafia sue Giuliani? And what charges were fabricated?

One day you'll see what I'm talking about if Biden wins. For your day is coming when you become obsolete and get cancelled. The what? What will you do? You've given them all the power and then when your number is up you have no one to blame but yourself.
I doubt a day will ever come when we know what you're talking about.

-- A2SG, but hope always springs eternal....

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I can tell you for certain, though, that not all conservatives voted for Trump, or would. Just so you know.
Correction. Not all "Republicans" voted for Trump. Every conservative in the nation votes Trump. A person is not even a true conservative unless they vote Trump. There is a certain population of Republicans who we call RINO Republicans who vote Democrat all the time in Congress. We do not vote for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟196,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An interesting read from the last couple of weeks ANALYSIS: Polls Show Trump Could Be Doomed If He’s Convicted. Will a Trial Happen in Time?

Some summary (both from article and my insights): They express concern if Trump is convicted he could lose 1/3 of support. Article position is other trials not as much concern, as the January 6, 2021 insurrection trial which I generally agree with. With the January 6 trial, first questions to answer is will the insurrection clause of 14th amendment prevent Trump being on state ballots which the Supreme Court currently reviewing, and then they to consider the presidential immunity question, similar to diplomats intentionally murdering others which not 100% immunity from that. If then when that trial goes to court in DC, I understand why Trump did to prevent problematic Biden from getting into office, and he said to the crowd we will march down to the Capitol peacefully. Reality is the insurrection resulted in five deaths, more injuries and some serious, and property damage, which Trump failing his Constitutional Oath of Office not stopping the riot from progressing that afternoon, similar analogy to fire crew and chief showing up to a fire an apartment building and choose do nothing and let people die and the building burn to the ground, which is not right in the eyes of God. Also at last check 749 people convicted, many with jail and prison time. This builds the prosecutors case, plus a jury which will be hard to balance politically, 90%+ within the city voted for Hillary and Biden. The next thing is different scenarios if this happens by March 5 when least several state primaries which also depends if Trump or Haley is ahead at that point, the mid July Republican convention, and the November election. If after the mid-July convention, a real Constitutional mess if Trump is selected and then convicted.
I find it shocking that only if he’s convicted that he’d lose 1/3 of his support. I don’t see how anybody can look at what he’s charged with, what he’s done, his track record, and what he’s said and can still say “he’s my guy.” Voting for him makes as much sense as being a Turkey who votes in favor of Thanksgiving.

The man could not be more transparent in how little he cares about America or Americans, how he is only interested in himself, how he is only out for himself, and how the second he is in even a little trouble, he will throw everybody around him under the bus in order to save himself. The man’s only campaign strategies are unified hate, creating fear, and preying on ignorance. When Russia and North Korea are inviting him to dine at their tables, you know that he’s the absolute wrong horse.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟196,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correction. Not all "Republicans" voted for Trump. Every conservative in the nation votes Trump. A person is not even a true conservative unless they vote Trump. There is a certain population of Republicans who we call RINO Republicans who vote Democrat all the time in Congress. We do not vote for them.
Absolutely not true. My state is full of hardcore Conservative Republicans who will not be voting for Trump.

One person I know in particular said that the first time he voted for a Democrat for president was 2020, and he will be doing it again this year. He thinks Trump is a racist who’s primarily appeal is to people who are easily scared, reactionary, are either uneducated or ignorant, and are unable or unwilling to examine how ineffectual and stupid his platforms are. He thinks he’s a bad businessman and a conman and he doesn’t get how anybody could be snookered by a guy who clearly stands for everything the Republican Party stands for.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟266,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
God allows us to speak also, but He is in control.

Are Americans going to get to choose their next president by their own free will or will your deity control it? Both aren’t possible. Either we have free will to make this choice or not.

Upvote 0

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟7,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Common sense is that cannot take yet another four years of this legal drama and political infighting and not getting things done for the people. As IMO and others a better alternative, maybe some others too can contact FL Governor DeSantis office by email Email the Governor to gently encourage him to resurrect his suspended campaign (I am only one already have). He is strong willed to fight evils, as in immigration working with both sides of the aisle, supports building the border wall, also to reduce/stop indoctrination of children working with the legislature, and other good accomplishments for the people of FL as several Right good friends there have shared with me. He endorsed the good in Trump he done for the people as President before 2021, am sure not the bad personality issues. DeSantis clearly has more connection to God DeSantis Speaks With EWTN About Power of Prayer, Family as ‘Centerpiece’ of American Life , though none of us are perfect.

We need as a nation to put Trump's situations to prayer and see what God says.
DeSantis has the good actions like Trump did for the people prior to 2021, strong willed like Trump, but without the serious continued personality and behavior issues Trump has, DeSantis fights cultural evils to get things done including working through the legislature (both Trump and Biden used Executive Orders IMO too much), and DeSantis I and others see him seeking God's direction more in being a True Servant. Likely not, but not impossible, for DeSantis to run in 2024, more likely in 2028.

Upvote 0