Trump bemoans 'losing' to Greta Thunberg as Time magazine's 'Person of the Year'

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Trump bemoans 'losing' to Greta Thunberg as Time magazine's 'Person of the Year'

He's the (impeached) POTUS and this week as responsible world leaders concentrated on their coronavirus response and other things of HUGE importance he sat down with Diamond & Silk; self-victimized and ranted out the hoax that the coronavirus is a hoax by the Democrats; name-called a ton of ppl; and bemoaned having lost Time Magazine's Person of the Year to a teenager.

Meanwhile. Greta Thunberg dealt w having an oil company make a disgusting sticker depicting her being violently raped. They did this to promote themselves! It was warped. She responded "They are starting to get more and more desperate... This shows that we’re winning." She is focusing on the March 6 European Climate Strike. When she got the honour of Time Person of the Year, she gave a simple thx & then moved forward. Trump & his base devoted wayyyyyyyy more time obsessing over it than she did.

This just makes me all the prouder for her. I know Zoii & Ella are huge admirers, wanted to share.

PLEASE DON'T POST HERE IF YOU"RE NOT A ZOOMER. OK? Thx.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Melania-bullying-cartoon.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I struggle to understand the American electoral system.
That a vote isn't really a vote - votes really belong to an electoral college.

That a judicial system isn't necessarily separate from the political. So you can have a president tried on charges of corruption... but what evidence can be admitted, who can testify, and the decision of guilt, is determined by voting along political party lines....not on evidence to determine veracity.

That someone like Trump was viewed by the majority of Americans to be the best person they have to lead their nation... I'm simply flabbergasted.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I struggle to understand the American electoral system.
That a vote isn't really a vote - votes really belong to an electoral college.

That a judicial system isn't necessarily separate from the political. So you can have a president tried on charges of corruption... but what evidence can be admitted, who can testify, and the decision of guilt, is determined by voting along political party lines....not on evidence to determine veracity.

That someone like Trump was viewed by the majority of Americans to be the best person they have to lead their nation... I'm simply flabbergasted.

Trust me there's millions upon millions of Americans who are flabbergasted too.

@Go Braves who has sadly left CF (tagging him anyways in case he ever changes his mind) probably did more than anybody else to help me understand HOW Trump happened bc he grew up in the South where there's a lot of Trump voters. He said there are Confederate flags hanging outside of bars & houses. He detailed about how ppl were infuriated when President Obama became POTUS & fixated on him "being a Muslim" (wrong) & of course on him being black. But they couldn't just come out & say that it was bc he was black, they had to wrap up the racism as something else. That's why so many totally latched onto Trump's "birther" conspiracy theory. They could claim that no it wasn't about racism, it was about him not being born in the US, not being a US citizen. But of course everybody knew what it was really about. Throughout history immigrants have always been a handy scapegoat, bc ppl want to find "others" to blame for their own lack of contentment. So especially in poorer areas blaming immigrants was popular.
The whole thing about how Mexico is sending rapists of course is totally xenophobic & sick but appealed to a lot of ppl wanting to scapegoat. Trump also won a lot of ppl over bc he was seen as a populist despite how he inherited his fortune & lives in a gold-plated apartment. But he spoke "plainly" instead of being articulate & knowledgeable. He believes in a whole range of wacky conspiracy theories, plus the usual ones like vaccines cause autism, climate change is a hoax invented by the Chinese, so forth.

Not saying that everybody in Trump's base is racist or xenophobic just sharing what Jake wrote about his experiences which I think were way more common in the South. I am American but live in Toronto so I've never been exposed to that firsthand.

• Friendly
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What I love most about Greta Thunberg is that she embodies the spirit of Hebrews 12:1. She doesn't become entangled in emotions. She's faced virulent derision and scorn that would cause many to withdraw, but instead of receding into self-doubt she's remained determined. Unfettered. She perseveres.

I think she's extraordinary.

• Winner
Upvote 0