Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump finally went too far for me. I'm non-partisan, btw.
FB_IMG_1583789252585.jpg

How could he tweet that? Can he be so.. lacking in knowledge? Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned! So, what is coming? I know it's a Qanon slogan, but with the virus and everything... And he does call himself a genius, so .... SMH

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 272942

How could he tweet that? Can he be so.. lacking in knowledge? Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned! So, what is coming? I know it's a Qanon slogan, but with the virus and everything... And he does call himself a genius, so .... SMH
We really need to see the whole tweet before we can evaluate it. I'm attaching it.

1) Trump said he didn't know what it means.
2) It's not an explicit reference to Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burned.

So I don't see how this could be "going too far" since we don't really know where it's going.

Attachments

• TrumpTweetMar8.png
    TrumpTweetMar8.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟841,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we're expecting too much if we are looking for him to be a consistent source of guidance, encouragement, and wisdom. That's not to say he won't hit the mark every now and again. But that isn't saying much. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and again.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 272942

Oh absolutely Trump can be that lacking in knowledge. Trump as Nero is trending on Twitter, lol.

A couple of weeks ago Trump tweeted out this clip from the show Curb Your Enthusiasm with the caption "Tough Guys for Trump." What was so lol & smh was his absolute obliviousness & lack of curiosity about the context, bc it was the exact opposite of what he thought it was. Google it for the lulz. :)

Reactions: Nancy Hale
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 272942

How could he tweet that? Can he be so.. lacking in knowledge? Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned!

It isn't about Nero, there is no flames or fire. Trump didn't make this pic, he just saw it and liked the message which clearly is Trump being successful which is likely him being re-elected or some other sooner victory.

Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh absolutely Trump can be that lacking in knowledge. Trump as Nero is trending on Twitter, lol.

A couple of weeks ago Trump tweeted out this clip from the show Curb Your Enthusiasm with the caption "Tough Guys for Trump." What was so lol & smh was his absolute obliviousness & lack of curiosity about the context, bc it was the exact opposite of what he thought it was. Google it for the lulz. :)
I'll have to look that up, ty. I don't use Twitter. I only have Facebook to keep in contact with family and friends.
I know this is going to sound terrible to many, but this is seriously the first jaw-drop moment I've had with Trump.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Trump shared the meme from his own social media director. Either the social media director was that hilariously obtuse or was trying to set Trump up to punk himself, lol. Trump playing on Twitter & sharing such silly, purposeless meme completely amplifies the image the meme projects of Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burned.

Trump adding "who knows what it means" gives it another layer of lulz bc immediately #TrumpasNero went viral on Twitter. He did this to himself.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'll have to look that up, ty. I don't use Twitter. I only have Facebook to keep in contact with family and friends.
I know this is going to sound terrible to many, but this is seriously the first jaw-drop moment I've had with Trump.

I was going to post a link for you but the video Trump shared in his Tweet has a ton of profanity so I couldn't. You can def. find links if you Google though, if you're curious. :)

And yes it's def. jaw-dropping obtuseness that Trump & his social media director didn't pick up on the Nero metaphor & inadvertently tweeted out the pitch-perfect description of him.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think we're expecting too much if we are looking for him to be a consistent source of guidance, encouragement, and wisdom. That's not to say he won't hit the mark every now and again. But that isn't saying much. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and again.
I don't look to Trump for anything. I don't really follow politics much, but how could anyone avoid them these past few years. I guess I'm just surprised and doubly surprised he could say he didn't know what it meant.

Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump shared the meme from his own social media director. Either the social media director was that hilariously obtuse or was trying to set Trump up to punk himself, lol. Trump playing on Twitter & sharing such silly, purposeless meme completely amplifies the image the meme projects of Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burned.

Trump adding "who knows what it means" gives it another layer of lulz bc immediately #TrumpasNero went viral on Twitter. He did this to himself.
And, doesn't Trump say he has a high IQ? I learned about Nero in Jr High!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We really need to see the whole tweet before we can evaluate it. I'm attaching it.

1) Trump said he didn't know what it means.
2) It's not an explicit reference to Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burned.

So I don't see how this could be "going too far" since we don't really know where it's going.
Is that the original tweet? How could he not understand how it would be taken by anyone who made it past 8th grade?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
And, doesn't Trump say he has a high IQ? I learned about Nero in Jr High!

Yes, you are exactly right about that! He boasted about how he was "like, very smart" & a "stable genius" innumerable times!!!!But he constantly does things like this to refute those claims, plus he had his personal attorney threaten the schools & colleges he attended to never release his SAT scores or transcripts. (Privacy laws forbid that anyways but he was so paranoid about his grades & scores being revealed he had Cohen threaten them).

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟841,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't look to Trump for anything. I don't really follow politics much, but how could anyone avoid them these past few years. I guess I'm just surprised and doubly surprised he could say he didn't know what it meant.

But that's just the thing. We should be able to look to the leader of this country for consistent encouragement, guidance, and wisdom. Aren't we wanting the best of these qualities in a leader? Or, am I just naïve?

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is that the original tweet? How could he not understand how it would be taken by anyone who made it past 8th grade?
Well, as I said, it's not a clear reference to Nero playing the fiddle as Rome burns. I did not see the skyline of a burning city, or smoke, or anything that was clearly flames in the background. How then can I expect a 73 year old man to see or perceive any of those in the background?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But that's just the thing. We should be able to look to the leader of this country for consistent encouragement, guidance, and wisdom. Aren't we wanting the best of these qualities in a leader? Or, am I just naïve?
It would be nice to have a leader we could look up to. I never thought to expect any of those things from anyone. I wonder if it's a male/female thing or just really bad role models.

Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, as I said, it's not a clear reference to Nero playing the fiddle as Rome burns. I did not see the skyline of a burning city, or smoke, or anything that was clearly flames in the background. How then can I expect a 73 year old man to see or perceive any of those in the background?
I have never heard of anything else a leader playing a violin represented, if it was the world's smallest violin it would be a pity party. Nero wasn't actually standing on a balcony with the flames of Rome lapping at his feet. He was hosting a party someplace else, if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have never heard of anything else a leader playing a violin represented, if it was the world's smallest violin it would be a pity party. Nero wasn't actually standing on a balcony with the flames of Rome lapping at his feet. He was hosting a party someplace else, if I remember correctly.
Big assumption to make, then.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

At this point I'd just be content if Trump would act in a way that wouldn't get him banned on here or be in violation of social media policies for a HS. And if he would let actual experts & other elected officials do their jobs w/o hindrance or hectoring.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

As you pointed out, he's 73 yrs old. There's SO MUCH going on right now but he's spending time playing on Twitter. This meme contained no value, no helpful information, it was just to troll. That was all. Which is why it's smh & lmbo that he trolled himself by tweeting out the absolute perfect portrayal of his behaviour.

Upvote 0