Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Does it seem weird that there is a thread and discussion topic that reads: Trump warmly greeted by Middle Eastern Leaders. While European leaders, apparently, were excluding and cold to him?

Is it better for the US to align with Middle East or with the EU?

• Informative
Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does it seem weird that there is a thread and discussion topic that reads: Trump warmly greeted by Middle Eastern Leaders. While European leaders, apparently, were excluding and cold to him?

The Saudis are our friends. The Saudis are our friends. The Saudis are our friends. What was the question?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi rambot,

Good question. I think that in his short time in office, President Trump has made claims and comments that aren't particularly truthful or fair towards many of the EU nations. Previously, the U.S. has always had a fairly cordial relationship with our European partners and other European nations. President Trump has not made any attempt really to continue that. It is my understanding that he was pretty downright petty in his words to Angela Merkel in their last meeting together.

President Trump's nature is to be petty and mean. He has literally railed constantly day and night that none, not any, of the trade agreements that we have hammered out with other nations have been fair to the U.S. I don't believe that's a true or fair assessment. You see, I believe that the truth for Donald Trump is that if it doesn't give him a hand up over everyone else, then it isn't fair. Nation agreements can't be structured on such a premise. They are people just like us who are trying to live fairly nice lives just like us, trying to keep their people employed just like us. We aren't, just because we may have a stronger economy or greater military, really better, as individual people that collectively make up the body of a nation any better than they are. China has a right, as a governed body of people, to hammer out agreements with other nations that make some things good for them and some things good for the other guy.

Despite Donald Trump's battle cry to 'make America great again', his effort to do that is to deal unfairly with other nations so that he gets to feel that he's the better person; the better leader; the better man. While some forms of government may be better than others in allowing its citizens what we call 'freedoms', the individual men and women who make up those nations are just trying the best they can to do the best they can to raise their families the best they can. They need fair trade agreements that provide benefits for them and their families just as much as we do. But, Donald Trump doesn't think like that. He's not wired to have any empathy for the 'losers' of the world. It's always been and always will be all about HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, he wants you to believe that in making it all about him, he's also going to bring you along for the ride. Don't believe it for a minute!

The NAFTA trade agreement is a fairly equitable trade agreement. The Europacific trade agreement is also a fairly equitable trade agreement. For all the parties involved. No one nation is getting particularly wealthier than another in any of these agreements. But, no, none of these agreements were hammered out on the basis that it's all got to be about what the U.S. gets out of it and the rest of you be damned! However, that's the only way that Donald Trump knows to operate and sadly, that's also the general understanding of his base. That the U.S. is made up of a bunch of self-righteous, better than anyone else people and if world agreements aren't good for us then they aren't good for anyone.

President Trump is a bigot. He's selfish. There is absolutely nothing about him morally that makes him a good person. He's a liar and a cheat. Hopefully we can, as a nation, make it through this next 3.5 years without suffering any major damage. Of course, the way things have been looking, we're liable to find ourselves in 3.5 years exactly where we are now. Nothing having gotten done of any substantive value because he can't lead his administration in a manner that actually gets anything done.

That's just my opinion and understanding of the man, but I'm confident that it is based on evidence and not just the emotions of some disenfranchised citizen.

God bless you all,
In Christ, ted

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Some people are making a big deal out of nothing.

He barely touched the guy and gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder.
Some people are rationalizing. The significance of what Trump did is a heavy burden to carry for his supporters, so comments like "it was no big deal" are common.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi rambot,

Good question. I think that in his short time in office, President Trump has made claims and comments that aren't particularly truthful or fair towards many of the EU nations. Previously, the U.S. has always had a fairly cordial relationship with our European partners and other European nations. President Trump has not made any attempt really to continue that. It is my understanding that he was pretty downright petty in his words to Angela Merkel in their last meeting together.

President Trump's nature is to be petty and mean. He has literally railed constantly day and night that none, not any, of the trade agreements that we have hammered out with other nations have been fair to the U.S. I don't believe that's a true or fair assessment. You see, I believe that the truth for Donald Trump is that if it doesn't give him a hand up over everyone else, then it isn't fair. Nation agreements can't be structured on such a premise. They are people just like us who are trying to live fairly nice lives just like us, trying to keep their people employed just like us. We aren't, just because we may have a stronger economy or greater military, really better, as individual people that collectively make up the body of a nation any better than they are. China has a right, as a governed body of people, to hammer out agreements with other nations that make some things good for them and some things good for the other guy.

Despite Donald Trump's battle cry to 'make America great again', his effort to do that is to deal unfairly with other nations so that he gets to feel that he's the better person; the better leader; the better man. While some forms of government may be better than others in allowing its citizens what we call 'freedoms', the individual men and women who make up those nations are just trying the best they can to do the best they can to raise their families the best they can. They need fair trade agreements that provide benefits for them and their families just as much as we do. But, Donald Trump doesn't think like that. He's not wired to have any empathy for the 'losers' of the world. It's always been and always will be all about HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, he wants you to believe that in making it all about him, he's also going to bring you along for the ride. Don't believe it for a minute!

The NAFTA trade agreement is a fairly equitable trade agreement. The Europacific trade agreement is also a fairly equitable trade agreement. For all the parties involved. No one nation is getting particularly wealthier than another in any of these agreements. But, no, none of these agreements were hammered out on the basis that it's all got to be about what the U.S. gets out of it and the rest of you be damned! However, that's the only way that Donald Trump knows to operate and sadly, that's also the general understanding of his base. That the U.S. is made up of a bunch of self-righteous, better than anyone else people and if world agreements aren't good for us then they aren't good for anyone.

President Trump is a bigot. He's selfish. There is absolutely nothing about him morally that makes him a good person. He's a liar and a cheat. Hopefully we can, as a nation, make it through this next 3.5 years without suffering any major damage. Of course, the way things have been looking, we're liable to find ourselves in 3.5 years exactly where we are now. Nothing having gotten done of any substantive value because he can't lead his administration in a manner that actually gets anything done.

That's just my opinion and understanding of the man, but I'm confident that it is based on evidence and not just the emotions of some disenfranchised citizen.

God bless you all,
In Christ, ted

In a nutshell, leadership, especially on a global scale is very complex. Yet to the uneducated and inexperienced, it seems so simple.

In my opinion, majority of Trump supporters fall into two camps.
Camp #1: Very angry disenfranchised Americans that do not have a lot of education
Camp #2: Hard core anti-liberal types that believe democrats must be stopped at all costs

Now, to be fair, Camp #1 has legitimate concerns. They have been wronged and taken for granted by both parties for decades. If I'm being honest with myself, I do not blame Camp #1 for voting for Trump. Had the Democrats elected Bernie Sanders no way Trump would have won.

I reserve my "blame" for Camp #2. Camp #2 is now engaged in full on self-delusion and must take some form of narcotics to deal with the cognitive dissonance that goes on inside their heads on a daily basis as they figure out a way to defend and support Trump time and time again (to the point where apparently Russia is now a great ally for us....and Reagan turns over in his grave...)

Overall, I could sum up the Trump problem with an analogy. Have you ever played the Game Operation?.

OperationGame.jpg

Much of the American public views World/State level politics and leadership much like this game. It seems easy, simple, "anyone" could do it right?.

But the reality is that World/State level politics and leadership is much more complex and looks more like this

48b89032692cfc4ceae9295546238eff.jpg

99.999% of us have no business trying to do the above, in fact if we tried we would botch it.

However, because politics "looks simple" we all think it is a game of Operation when the reality is that it is a matter of life and death.

Too many of us see Trump playing the Game of Operation and see nothing wrong with his actions because those are the actions we could see ourselves taking. However, those of us with some education and expertise in this arena see Trumps fumbling and bumbling for what it really is. And what we see scares the beegezus out of us

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
In my opinion, majority of Trump supporters fall into two camps.
Camp #1: Very angry disenfranchised Americans that do not have a lot of education
Camp #2: Hard core anti-liberal types that believe democrats must be stopped at all costs

Now, to be fair, Camp #1 has legitimate concerns. They have been wronged and taken for granted by both parties for decades. If I'm being honest with myself, I do not blame Camp #1 for voting for Trump. Had the Democrats elected Bernie Sanders no way Trump would have won.

I reserve my "blame" for Camp #2. Camp #2 is now engaged in full on self-delusion and must take some form of narcotics to deal with the cognitive dissonance that goes on inside their heads on a daily basis as they figure out a way to defend and support Trump time and time again (to the point where apparently Russia is now a great ally for us....and Reagan turns over in his grave...)

I think Camp # 1 is just as much to blame. Many are too lazy or too stubborn to get educated. And for those that really can't afford it, they could prioritize education and continuing education as political policy. They could insist on affordable education for their children, and government subsidized re-training for those who have lost their jobs. They could insist on scholarships and bursaries. They could insist on retraining facilities in areas where massive closings have taken place. Almost a decade ago John McCain advocated for this, and he was booed. They're too lazy for that.

Instead they said "No, we want to 'bring back' low-wage, low-skill jobs that are currently be done by untrained Mexicans and the Chinese for a fraction of the minimum wage. Jobs that will make the cost of the products we rely on to rise. Jobs that will cause inflation to rise. Jobs that will be done by robots inside of a decade anyway."

Lazy Camp # 1 should be held accountable at least as much as Camp # 2.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe the guy he pushed was from France
Isn't France. Where most of the Islam terrorists acts are??
Also Netanyahu and others cause France of being antisemetic
Your belief is incorrect. It was the PM of Montenegro

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I believe the guy he pushed was from France
Isn't France. Where most of the Islam terrorists acts are??
Also Netanyahu and others cause France of being antisemetic

Well, it wasn't. But what if it was? Would that make it acceptable?

Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums