USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I've worked with a lot of kids. Those with true developmental disabilities aside, I've never met one that stupid. What do you think these kids believe causes pregnancy? :scratch:

Since you've worked with a lot of kids, then you should know the mindset of the kids.

They know that pregnancy is caused by sex, but they downplay the risk - they have the "it won't happen to me" mindset. In addition, they are ill-informed about effective vs ineffective means of birth control.

You say abstinence is the answer, and that would be ideal, but we know that relying on abstinence-only education is a failure.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now, would you be so kind as to answer my question? Are you willing to increase rates of teen pregnancy, STD, and abortion in order to save on your taxes?

Your question promotes a false narrative, one that you are unwilling to admit is in error. As such your question is moot.

• Agree
Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They know that pregnancy is caused by sex

See, that wasn't so difficult.

i9d25.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Your question promotes a false narrative, one that you are unwilling to admit is in error. As such your question is moot.

It wasn't my question, but I do wonder how it is false narrative.

These programs reduce the rates of teen pregnancy and abortion. Ergo, defunding them leads to more teen pregnancy and abortion.

I suppose philanthropy could pick up the slack, but for the sake of discussion, let's say it doesn't.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Its called reaping what you sow, but somehow the tax payer is on the hook and is the one who needs to endlessly pay the price for their stupid decisions.

Yup. It's part of living in a civilized society. $9 billion dollars - that's the annual price tag for teen pregnancy. So, the way to have the tax payer less on the hook is to pay for these prevention programs which cost in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I already addressed it. You need to review the thread again.

images

You think you addressed it, but your posts ignore the reality that these education programs work and your assumption about what teens do an do not know fails. Your approach (head in sand) leads to more teen pregnancies and abortions. The education approach leads to fewer of both.

Insisting that a teenager take personal responsibility in a situation like this is a close your eyes, cover your ears approach.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yup. It's part of living in a civilized society. $9 billion dollars - that's the annual price tag for teen pregnancy. So, the way to have the tax payer less on the hook is to pay for these prevention programs which cost in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

There should be a price tag for everything, I'll educate them, just tell them dont have sex and you will avoid having babies and STD's, or if you refuse bear the consequences or get on birth control and have the man wear a condom, you dont need to pay me millions for that advice I would give it out freely.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
There should be a price tag for everything, I'll educate them, just tell them dont have sex and you will avoid having babies and STD's, or if you refuse bear the consequences or get on birth control and have the man wear a condom, you dont need to pay me millions for that advice I would give it out freely.

I'm glad you are volunteering. You'll be traveling a lot, but you can do it.

Let's see how it goes.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad you are volunteering. You'll be traveling a lot, but you can do it.

Let's see how it goes.
I volunteer to inform them.

And if everyone simply shares the obvious information, whether that be their own parents, schools, their neighbors etc etc, its the same thing, theres nothing new here. We can do it over the phone, in the classrooms, whether in person or on line. If you ever listen to these people they say the same things (the obvious).

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I volunteer to inform them.

And if everyone simply shares the obvious information, whether that be their own parents, schools, their neighbors etc etc, its the same thing, theres nothing new here. We can do it over the phone, in the classrooms, whether in person or on line. If you ever listen to these people they say the same things (the obvious).

Great! Let me know what communities you are hitting and we will track their teen pregnancy and abortion rates.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great! Let me know what communities you are hitting and we will track their teen pregnancy and abortion rates.

I'm not into tracking devices, but I would remain in my own community
and I dont think I would inform you every time I gave out the same advice as these paid for programs would.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not into tracking devices, but I would remain in my own community
and I dont think I would inform you every time I gave out the same advice as these paid for programs would.

Oh well, guess we will never know how effective you are and if you measure up to these programs.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh well, guess we will never know how effective you are and if you measure up to these programs.

I could make up a number if it will make you feel better, even campaigns are ran with fake progress polls

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I could make up a number if it will make you feel better, even campaigns are ran with fake progress polls

Not really. I'll just keep believing what the evidence shows - these programs work. And, since we will have no data on your efforts, I'll assume it failed.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really. I'll just keep believing what the evidence shows - these programs work. And, since we will have no data on your efforts, I'll assume it failed.

There you go, it will be settled in your mind.

And I hope you continue to support these programs since you are convinced of them, send them a check whenever you want, I'm sure they will cash it.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres another way you can contribute to womens health through the company vagisil (see how they will donate to the cause if you create a video for on line)

If you scroll down you can watch the kind of videos they want from the American people ^_^

Vagina Challenge - Vagisil

Upvote 0