tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.revealnews.org/article/...ddenly-pulls-plug-on-teen-pregnancy-programs/
The Trump administration has quietly axed $213.6 million in teen pregnancy prevention programs and research at more than 80 institutions around the country, including Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles and Johns Hopkins University.

The decision by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will end five-year grants awarded by the Obama administration that were designed to find scientifically valid ways to help teenagers make healthy decisions that avoid unwanted pregnancies.

Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price and other top Trump appointees are outspoken opponents of federal funding for birth control, advocating abstinence rather than contraceptives to control teen pregnancies.
tulc(MAGA by teen pregnancy?) :scratch:

• Informative
Reactions: Cearbhall

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"The decision by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will end five-year grants awarded by the Obama administration that were designed to find scientifically valid ways to help teenagers make healthy decisions that avoid unwanted pregnancies."

You would think we wouldn't need 213.6 million to spread the message. We have the sex eds in schools and hopefully parents teaching children...

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"The decision by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will end five-year grants awarded by the Obama administration that were designed to find scientifically valid ways to help teenagers make healthy decisions that avoid unwanted pregnancies."

You would think we wouldn't need 213.6 million to spread the message. We have the sex eds in schools and hopefully parents teaching children...

I just graduated from HS in May. Now, I went to a great school in Atlanta that covered what you need to know, but had we stayed in this little peanut farming community we'd lived in when I was younger my sex ed would have consisted of "don't have sex until you're married." And that's it. It's a real Bible-thumping community. I have several buddies who got girls pregnant, & their parents had had them as teens too. One of my friends was born when his parents were 14 and 15. He's the oldest of 7, and I think the 1st three were born when his parents were teens. Both him & his next younger brother have already got girls pregnant. His mom is in her 30s, a grandma.

• Informative
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just graduated from HS in May. Now, I went to a great school in Atlanta that covered what you need to know, but had we stayed in this little peanut farming community we'd lived in when I was younger my sex ed would have consisted of "don't have sex until you're married." And that's it. It's a real Bible-thumping community. I have several buddies who got girls pregnant, & their parents had had them as teens too. One of my friends was born when his parents were 14 and 15. He's the oldest of 7, and I think the 1st three were born when his parents were teens. Both him & his next younger brother have already got girls pregnant. His mom is in her 30s, a grandma.

I understand they aren't providing proper sex education there, and that's a shame, it really is. We have a very high teenage pregnancy rate where I live - one of the highest in the country - but it's because our meth problem is one of the highest in the country.

Still I'm not seeing how over 200 million in grants to research facilities who want to figure out the "why" would help. I'd rather that money go into actual programs like sex education, foster children's high school programs (most foster care teens here don't continue school and don't graduate, which means they aren't exposed to as much sex education either), drug prevention, better rehab community programs for adults, etc. We already know the "whys". Your post shows you know the 'why' of your area as well.

I'd need to know more about what they cut and from where before I get upset or approve. I see their examples show hospitals, but I never see help from hospitals with teen pregnancy prevention and sex ed in this area, unless its money for abortion. Trying to figure out what John Hopkins does to prevent teen pregnancy.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It's 2017, those programs are obsolete. Kids learn about sex today just by experiencing the vanities around them.
not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Upvote 0

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So Bristol Palin's going to have to find new employment? :help:

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What prevents teens from getting pregnant is to have no sex. Why do tax payers need to pay a quarter of a billion out to researchers for what should be obvious.

No sex no babies

If you've found a surefire, foolproof way of getting teens to not have sex that doesn't involve threats, lies, or chaining them up in an oubliette, I'd love to hear it.

Upvote 0

W Johnson

Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you've found a surefire, foolproof way of getting teens to not have sex that doesn't involve threats, lies, or chaining them up in an oubliette, I'd love to hear it.
Have them take care of a newborn for a month.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the point that there actions do not adversely affect innocent children (the baby) and society as a whole.

So people aren't responsible for actions of their that negatively impact others? Good to know. Let's clear the prisons and apologize to everyone for holding them responsible for the things they've done. :doh:

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
So people aren't responsible for actions of their that negatively impact others? Good to know. Let's clear the prisons and apologize to everyone for holding them responsible for the things they've done. :doh:

Did I say all people? No, I did not.

I said innocent children. And, in case you have not been following the whole thread, earlier I posted about how children of teenage mothers cost the system a tremendous amount of money due to need for social services.

Upvote 0