Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"And do not be conformed to this world, but
be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
Romans 12:2 NKJV
The knowing of Truth does not come from thoughts and feelings, but it can be expressed through thoughts and feelings. The use of the first way is to conform to this world's way of reasoning. The use of the second way is via a renewal of mind through faith, where Truth precedes thoughts and feelings.

The renewed mind never uses thoughts and feelings to know the Truth, but uses a knowing of the Truth to express true thoughts and feelings.

The knowing does not come from reasoning, logic, or worldly knowledge; it comes as an obvious, doubtless conviction which stands on its own.

The verses above point to a renewal of mind by what we know is true. It's not what we may think is true. Truth (is), as it is in italic in the verse, and not a version of Truth. If Truth had versions, which one would be true. There is only one Truth of anything real.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is pretty much what I said. For the time being, though, I gotta live in it, and endure it's gradual death.
Hope you will enjoy the time left in using your body as a means to express God's Love and Truth out into this lost world, so others can witness through you that God exists.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
why would a false / dishonest human being cease to be human?
False / dishonest human beings are no longer the image of God. They can neither have a relationship with God nor reflect His love and compassion in the creation.

OTOH, if one defines human nature as dishonesty and lying, then they would become more human by practicing these traits :).

Reactions: Ahermit
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
False / dishonest human beings are no longer the image of God. They can neither have a relationship with God nor reflect His love and compassion in the creation.

OTOH, if one defines human nature as dishonesty and lying, then they would become more human by practicing these traits :).
Humans are always made in the image of God. Even when they are at their lowest point. There is nothing they can do to change that. Even if they give into sin. All sin is based on deceit and dishonesty. But we are free to repent and turn to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Humans are always made in the image of God. Even when they are at their lowest point. There is nothing they can do to change that. Even if they give into sin. All sin is based on deceit and dishonesty. But we are free to repent and turn to God.
Jesus said: John 4:24. "... God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."
The spirit of God is at the innermost of the human _ aka inner Being. The human body is the vessel, or vehicle, for the spirit, if we choose to, to use as an expression of God's Truth and Love into this world. In this way, God's spirit/image is 'being' in the form of a human.

When we are in unconditional faith (loving Truth/God with all our heart, mind and soul), our 'self' life is vacant from our consciousness. We, as consciousness, suddenly becomes honest and true through our love and faith in God. Our inner Being loves this and is attracted to it. The Being moves from innermost to outermost, both Truth and Being merging into our consciousness. A True Human Being emerges (reborn) reflecting God's image, our true state of human being. Truth really is illuminating, is the light which see everything true.

When we are into our 'self' awareness, we as consciousness no longer reflect God's image as we originally did (like a child of in-no-sense of this world), but reflecting through our consciousness what we are aware of, in this case, a world based on fear of the truth, which causes deception and dishonesty.

Yes, we hold the power to choose and be free to repent for truth/salvation. The power to choose unconditional love, truth and faith in God _ the only way to be in fellowship, the only way home.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said: John 4:24. "... God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."
The spirit of God is at the innermost of the human _ aka inner Being. The human body is the vessel, or vehicle, for the spirit, if we choose to, to use as an expression of God's Truth and Love into this world. In this way, God's spirit/image is 'being' in the form of a human.

When we are in unconditional faith (loving Truth/God with all our heart, mind and soul), our 'self' life is vacant from our consciousness. We, as consciousness, suddenly becomes honest and true through our love and faith in God. Our inner Being loves this and is attracted to it. The Being moves from innermost to outermost, both Truth and Being merging into our consciousness. A True Human Being emerges (reborn) reflecting God's image, our true state of human being. Truth really is illuminating, is the light which see everything true.

When we are into our 'self' awareness, we as consciousness no longer reflect God's image as we originally did (like a child of in-no-sense of this world), but reflecting through our consciousness what we are aware of, in this case, a world based on fear of the truth, which causes deception and dishonesty.

Yes, we hold the power to choose and be free to repent for truth/salvation. The power to choose unconditional love, truth and faith in God _ the only way to be in fellowship, the only way home.
I agree with the last paragraph.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you only agree with your self.
Yes. As do you concerning your thoughts. There is nothing to back up your reflections as far as I’m concerned if everything is cherry-picked out of context. But this is deeper fellowship. Not a debate forum. So I’ll leave you to your thoughts.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. As do you concerning your thoughts. There is nothing to back up your reflections as far as I’m concerned if everything is cherry-picked out of context. But this is deeper fellowship. Not a debate forum. So I’ll leave you to your thoughts.
Not cherry-picked, just allowing the Truth guide my thoughts.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It depends on how you mean "true." When I worked in a bicycle shop, if a bicycle rim was misaligned, it was said to be "out of true." We would correct that by tightening and loosening various spokes as necessary to bring it into alignment. That is called "truing a wheel."
This is exactly right. This is what it means to be true. Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone and He built on the foundation of the 12 apostles. We are living stones. Yet when Solomon built his temple there was no sound of a hammer or a chisel because all the stones were cut it the quarry. Every stone is true so they can be fit and joined together. Each has their own gifts. God writes the book of our life before we are even born. He does a work in our life to transform us into the people that He always intended for us to be. God is very exact and very precise and He wants us to be true to His plan & purpose and the Person He created and intended for us to be. So we can be a holy sanctified vessel. So we can use all of our gifts, talents and abilities to bring HIM praise and honor and glory.

You wheel is a good symbol because of the cycles of life, the seasons, the days, weeks, months and years. Jesus lived His life as an example for us to follow. He want about preaching, teaching, and healing the sick. So that is what we are to do also. We teach others out of the abundance of our learning.

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
till it's over
As I get older I have more fellowship with those who have gone to heaven before me. I could wait until I got to heaven but why wait? So much of what we will learn when we get there we can learn while we are still here.

Upvote 0