Visit site
✟12,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Brad Pitt! Maybe that's who I was thinking of, not Matt Damon... Anyways, I side with Nathan and Legolas on this one. I really HATE IT WHEN THEY RUIN MOVIES WITH THAT YUCK!!!! It looks like a very fun movie, but it's just not worth it! And I thought Orlando Bloom was a good guy... :cry:

I want to be an actress. I am very good at it. But I won't do it because Hollywood is so messed up! I just can't! I won't assist in more world corruption!

Upvote 0

Legolas The Jedi Master

Prince of Mirkwood
Dec 20, 2003
Kansas
✟13,534.00
Faith
Christian
you can be an actress, you just might have a harder time geting parts.
and about Orlando, well I never thought he was good good, it is hollywood and that stuff happens a lot sadly. :cry: there are a lot of great movies out there that are ruined by adding in things that don't even need to be in there in fact are better if left out.

Upvote 0

Jazzcat

Saltminer
Apr 20, 2004
TOP SECRET LOCATION!
Visit site
✟12,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know... It really bogs down the story. Totally unnecessary...
My current train of thought about being an actress goes like this.

I compare making a movie to a game of chess. The pawns are the actors, the ones in front, the ones everyone else sees first. If they put on a great performance, they become the most powerful pieces on the board.
The pieces behind the pawns -- the kings, queens, knights, rooks and bishops -- are the behind-the-scenes people: the director, the producer, the makeup artists, the costume designers, the dialog coaches, the cameramen and the musician in charge of the soundtrack. Each piece has its own place, and they make a difference. But there is one piece to a chess game that is more powerful than them all. A piece that often goes unseen and unnoticed, yet it governs the world in which the pieces exist and move. It determines and defines their bounderies. Any guesses???

Upvote 0

Echoes Peak

Willing Servant
Nov 4, 2003
✟8,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I actually just saw it about half an hour ago. My college got a free viewing sponsored by Napster and Yahoo. I would definitely say, there were a couple of un-necessary sex scenes, but over-all I enjoyed the movie. I suspect it was given an R rating more for the violence though, which was brutal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jazzcat

Saltminer
Apr 20, 2004
TOP SECRET LOCATION!
Visit site
✟12,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey cool! We should start a club... and create movies were all the bad stuff is :banned: ! That would be fun! I bet there's a ton of people out there that are sick and tired of garbage. I mean, don't they get enough trash in real life on a day-to-day basis? Movies are supposed to be an escape from the norm. We could be a real hit! Hmmm! :D

Upvote 0

Jazzcat

Saltminer
Apr 20, 2004
TOP SECRET LOCATION!
Visit site
✟12,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't care who's playing in the movie, if it's lousy like that, I can't go see it in good conscience. I wanted to see Troy SO BAD when I heard it was coming out, and that it was about ancient Rome... anything with swords in it, right? :D But when I heard the questionable reviews, I pulled back. Really, really unfortunate...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jazzcat

Saltminer
Apr 20, 2004
TOP SECRET LOCATION!
Visit site
✟12,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TerabyTe is right... in some ways. Sex is supposed to be a sacred act shared between two people AFTER MARRIAGE. That's the way God intended it to be. It should not be flaunted before the eyes of the world.

If you dwell on it too much, it will begin to change your view of members of the opposite sex. Instead of seeing them as real people with feelings and hearts and beauty all their own, you'll find yourself thinking about one thing only. So in a way, it will poison your thoughts. It may not burn your eyes in a physical way, but it will burn and scar your soul.

Sorry, pal. I wish I could agree with you so I could justify seeing Troy, but I just can't.

Upvote 0

c a s t i n c r o w n s

May 7, 2004
Visit site
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian
Hey we are going to see Troy in our english class (because we are reading the book the odyssey) and we had a few parents call and complain but I live in a really strict school district (parents called and complained about kids wearing flip flops and how that was disgraceful) and so i just thought it was the normal parents calling just to find something to complain about. But now I am starting to think they really have a point... Should I go see it with my english class? I don't know because the book the odyssey is required reading in all schools and its got just as much bad stuff as the movie probubly does..

:+:Lexi:+:

Reactions: Jazzcat
Upvote 0

Jazzcat

Saltminer
Apr 20, 2004
TOP SECRET LOCATION!
Visit site
✟12,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have to leave this question to someone who's seen the movie. I don't really know how bad it is, but the way I am, if I can, I avoid garbage at all costs. Which means there are not a lot of movies I do watch, even though I love movies :cry: And I have never read "The Odyssey", so I can't help you there either...

Upvote 0

EmAgDnImGiRl

I LOVE 7-MILES!!
Apr 29, 2004
VIRGINIA BEACH! BABE!!
Visit site
✟144.00
Faith
Christian
IT IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!! And if you know History like I do. You will know that Brad Pitt "Troy" who plays troy. Is going to die. So If you are inlove with Brad. Dont go see it;) But Yeah I have herd some good revies, and I myself. All my friends call me a movie critict. Cause I love movies. You name the movie. I have seen it, but anyways. It has many great actors in it. Including Brad, and Orlando Bloom who is just starting out. :) It might have some Nudity or love scenes, but we end up doing the same thing later on in life. When we are married. I dont see anything wrong with it. Just dont take lil kids to go see it.

Upvote 0