Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
It's pretty obvious that anyone outside the believer's faith is their enemy, even other Christians who don't follow your belief's are an enemy.

If that was the case, the Most High God wouldn't have wasted His time on such a stiff-necked, sinful and downright polluted people.

I don't know if you are trolling for real, but the Most High God does - and He knows your heart, also. So, one who thinks of one's self as "faithless" may be a different creature to the Most High God.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Do only Christians do this, or is it human nature?
Is it Christ's teaching to love or to hate your fellow humans?
You really need someone to tell you to love other people? Do you have to love everybody? Do you know everybody to love them?

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
If that was the case, the Most High God wouldn't have wasted His time on such a stiff-necked, sinful and downright polluted people.

I don't know if you are trolling for real, but the Most High God does - and He knows your heart, also. So, one who thinks of one's self as "faithless" may be a different creature to the Most High God.
Instead of wasting your time on religious endeavors, why don't you do something that actually helps someone.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Instead of wasting your time on religious endeavors, why don't you do something that actually helps someone.

Hmm...you think a relationship with the Most High God in the entirety of existence is a waste of time?

I would die for my earth parents; I am not going to pass up having a relationship that made the ones who raised me - whom I love so dearly I would die for. This is especially the case having the faith to believe He means what He says - namely that He loves us, and if we are as good (obedient), repentant children, then He will be our God and our Father. That would be enough, but then He promised to give us a way to attain those promises throughout eternity - despite our (repeated) disobedience to Him.

Is that what you are saying is a waste of time?

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You really need someone to tell you to love other people? Do you have to love everybody? Do you know everybody to love them?
Listen, you make a statement and i refute it.
As for your questions, Yes, i think we need to be taught to be good towards others and not be self centred or hurt others who disagree with you.

But i'm unsubbing from this thread now.
Maybe we'll see eachother in another thread, but if not, i wish you the best and i hope you will get over your anger towards everything Christian because you had bad experiences with it.
Be well.
:wave:

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hmm...you think a relationship with the Most High God in the entirety of existence is a waste of time?

I would die for my earth parents; I am not going to pass up having a relationship that made the ones who raised me - whom I love so dearly I would die for. This is especially the case having the faith to believe He means what He says - namely that He loves us, and if we are as good (obedient), repentant children, then He will be our God and our Father. That would be enough, but then He promised to give us a way to attain those promises throughout eternity - despite our (repeated) disobedience to Him.

Is that what you are saying is a waste of time?
In truth you have a relationship with what is written in a book. Your relationship consists in a world of the subjective.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
In truth you have a relationship with what is written in a book. Your relationship consists in a world of the subjective.

Relationships themselves are subjective - which is why unity is important. We need to be in unity with the Most High God if we want a relationship with Him, just like we need to be in unity with our wife/husband, friends and family in order to have proper relationships with them. Otherwise, they become abusive/disruptive/toxic relationships to at least one of the members.

My relationship is not what is written in a book, it is with the Living God. The Word of God is a living entity, and much more than any text could offer. If we can't live on bread alone - (which is sustainable), but by every word of the Most High God - then that transcends sophomoric human logic of relationships. No relationship book can ever teach how to properly behave in a real relationship - no matter how well-written the book is.

If you want unity with the Most High God, ask Him. But, like any good relationship it is two ways, and there has to be compromise. You compromise your sinful ways and hard head (like all of us) in exchange for righteousness and refinement, and He will be a Father to you, and give you Life. The contractual (Covenant) obligations are actually straight-forward; the Word of God Himself is what affords us this opportunity - if you believe Him.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Relationships themselves are subjective - which is why unity is important. We need to be in unity with the Most High God if we want a relationship with Him, just like we need to be in unity with our wife/husband, friends and family in order to have proper relationships with them. Otherwise, they become abusive/disruptive/toxic relationships to at least one of the members.

My relationship is not what is written in a book, it is with the Living God. The Word of God is a living entity, and much more than any text could offer. If we can't live on bread alone - (which is sustainable), but by every word of the Most High God - then that transcends sophomoric human logic of relationships. No relationship book can ever teach how to properly behave in a real relationship - no matter how well-written the book is.

If you want unity with the Most High God, ask Him. But, like any good relationship it is two ways, and there has to be compromise. You compromise your sinful ways and hard head (like all of us) in exchange for righteousness and refinement, and He will be a Father to you, and give you Life. The contractual (Covenant) obligations are actually straight-forward; the Word of God Himself is what affords us this opportunity - if you believe Him.
I'm free now, so why would I go back to being constrained by biblical rules. Even if I thought the God of the Jews loved me, I couldn't swallow most of the Bible. It's hard to enjoy and experience this universe when you have a book that condemns us for mixing two different fabrics for clothing. Basically I'm sinning by putting my pants on, nah, I've had enough of a ancient book telling me how to think.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Many of you seem to like being told what to think and how to act. Clinging to a book that you believe has all the answers and never using your better judgment when you know certain idea's in the Bible ain't right. You think you have permission by God to convert everyone you meet, and you have no qualms scaring the crap out of your children if you believe it gets them into heaven.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm free now, so why would I go back to being constrained by biblical rules. Even if I thought the God of the Jews loved me, I couldn't swallow most of the Bible. It's hard to enjoy and experience this universe when you have a book that condemns us for mixing two different fabrics for clothing. Basically I'm sinning by putting my pants on, nah, I've had enough of a ancient book telling me how to think.

Oh, I see.

Simple answer? You need to drop the "book," and fully focus on the Living Word of God. They are not the same thing; one is a Living Entity, and the other is a canonical text compiled by men inspired by the Most High God - subjected to several fingers deciding the spiritual trajectory of man through qualification of inspiration.

Long answer? In other words, the canon is a canon; the Word of God is a connection to the Truth. You will need to want to truly be the son of the Most High God - dropping what you hear from denominations, people, and people (cannon/doctrine). Everyone by the New Covenant has been given the Word of God on their hearts so much so that they do not have to ask their neighbor, "Do you know God?" So, everyone knows what is right and wrong (unless you are literally damned). You seem to know what is right and wrong; you just have a problem with the image of the Most High God in the canon.

You are going to have to make a decision: do you want to entrust other men with the trajectory of your soul (and, possibly erroneously take the common image of the Most High God and lose out on sonship with Him), or do you trust that the Most High God has put in all of us a way to know Him personally, and the the Most High God of Gods would make it possible for us to unite with Him in a real relationship if we want Him?

As I have said, I have been exactly where you are. And, that is not to diminish your experience right now; in fact, I say that to highlight the severity of the next decision(s) you make concerning your relationship with the Most High God. If you aren't trolling, you have decisions to make; your spiritual brothers and sisters have been counseling you; I don't think they like to waste their time, so I am going to assume they are sincere in their motives. But, ultimately it is your choice. The world view - even the denominational view of the Most High God is flawed for many reasons; that is not to say He isn't who He is.

I really hope you aren't trolling...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I see.

Simple answer? You need to drop the "book," and fully focus on the Living Word of God. They are not the same thing; one is a Living Entity, and the other is a canonical text compiled by men inspired by the Most High God - subjected to several fingers deciding the spiritual trajectory of man through qualification of inspiration.

Long answer? In other words, the canon is a canon; the Word of God is a connection to the Truth. You will need to want to truly be the son of the Most High God - dropping what you hear from denominations, people, and people (cannon/doctrine). Everyone by the New Covenant has been given the Word of God on their hearts so much so that they do not have to ask their neighbor, "Do you know God?" So, everyone knows what is right and wrong (unless you are literally damned). You seem to know what is right and wrong; you just have a problem with the image of the Most High God in the canon.

You are going to have to make a decision: do you want to entrust other men with the trajectory of your soul (and, possibly erroneously take the common image of the Most High God and lose out on sonship with Him), or do you trust that the Most High God has put in all of us a way to know Him personally, and the the Most High God of Gods would make it possible for us to unite with Him in a real relationship if we want Him?

As I have said, I have been exactly where you are. And, that is not to diminish your experience right now; in fact, I say that to highlight the severity of the next decision(s) you make concerning your relationship with the Most High God. If you aren't trolling, you have decisions to make; your spiritual brothers and sisters have been counseling you; I don't think they like to waste their time, so I am going to assume they are sincere in their motives. But, ultimately it is your choice. The world view - even the denominational view of the Most High God is flawed for many reasons; that is not to say He isn't who He is.

I really hope you aren't trolling...
I don't have to make any decision, I just have to live life with the cards I've been handed. I'm not wrestling with a sinful conscience, I don't need to decide if Jesus is true or not.

You dig.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't have to make any decision, I just have to live life with the cards I've been handed. I'm not wrestling with a sinful conscience, I don't need to decide if Jesus is true or not.

You dig.

O.K. That is perfectly within your God-given sovereignty as a human agent.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's hard to enjoy and experience this universe when you have a book that condemns us for mixing two different fabrics for clothing. Basically I'm sinning by putting my pants on, nah, I've had enough of a ancient book telling me how to think.
It meant something to them that it doesn't mean to us.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
O.K. That is perfectly within your God-given sovereignty as a human agent.
I'm just saying, life is simpler without religious beliefs. I take thing's as they come, and I don't think I've got all the answer's.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm just saying, life is simpler without religious beliefs. I take thing's as they come, and I don't think I've got all the answer's.

Religion isn't a relationship.

I don't have all the answers either, but I know if there is a Most High God, He would want us to come to Him first - instead of letting a bunch of people, and doctrine of people providing a misrepresentation of who He is. It is one of the reasons why He sent His 100% representation in the form of The Redeemer/The Word of God.

But as I said before, it is by your God-given sovereignty to choose to live however you want - as far as He will allow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It meant something to them that it doesn't mean to us.
It means silliness, do you honesty think that wearing clothing made from two different materials is a sinful act? If it did, why does it? Does the Bible ever explain why it makes the rule's the way it does.

Think about it, you who believe not only have to take everything on faith, you have to accept what Bible God says without any explanation. You can't even know why sin is sin, that nothing is explained to you.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Religion isn't a relationship.

I don't have all the answers either, but I know if there is a Most High God, He would want us to come to Him first - instead of letting a bunch of people, and doctrine of people providing a misrepresentation of who He is. It is one of the reasons why He sent His 100% representation in the form of The Redeemer/The Word of God.

But as I said before, it is by your God-given sovereignty to choose to live however you want - as far as He will allow.
You don't know there's a high God, you believe that there's one. What you believe is dependent on trusting the Bible, you hope that it's all true. You can't prove what you hope on, and you can only put your faith in what you believe.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Beliefs are a shortcut of thought, a leap in the process of logic that reduces calculations - like a cached calculation, you could say. The problem with people who have religious beliefs, is often they have taken a copy of that belief without really understanding how the belief has been calculated - they didn't calculate the belief themselves. Then the whole value of that belief is basically worthless.

Scripture is written by those who have actually calculated the thoughts themselves, being the original writers of the words, just as I am doing here. But, then as we consider the wisdom behind those words, and how it compounds our existing understanding, the understanding keeps growing.

For instance, now that you have read and understood what I said here, I can pull in Jeremiah 23:30 to show that it is a thing that God is against. God is against those who copy their beliefs from each other and who steal His words from each other! .. and look at Ezekiel 13:10 that when you think about it, what has been built by using worthless beliefs, is a weak wall - a whitewashed wall. We only need to lean on it and it falls to pieces.

.. but you have been very afflicted for a long time, by those who have been agents of destruction in God's name. I understand that, and I hear the cries for comfort that are owed on account of that. Also, you need to remember that you are not alone.

It means silliness, do you honesty think that wearing clothing made from two different materials is a sinful act?
No, that is not what it means to me.
If it did, why does it?
Purity. They were, in those days, very close in proximity to Adonai, and He was mighty in their midst. There was very little opportunity for impurity without conviction.
Does the Bible ever explain why it makes the rule's the way it does.
I think it might do, but it really is up to the writer as to whether he thinks it should be said or not (eg: 1 Corinthians 11:14). The understanding we need is built into us as we go on the path, as I described above (Matthew 25:29).
Think about it, you who believe not only have to take everything on faith, you have to accept what Bible God says without any explanation. You can't even know why sin is sin, that nothing is explained to you.
It is very dangerous for you to say that about me, because you haven't gathered enough evidence to support that claim. You might be thinking of evidence you have gained from someone else, but if you want to bring that kind of charge against a person, and be victorious in that judgement, you need to first be asking questions and waiting for the answers :) .. that's a wisdom found in Proverbs 18:13 (not that I would have expected it to stick to you if you had read it before you said this!).

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Beliefs are a shortcut of thought, a leap in the process of logic that reduces calculations - like a cached calculation, you could say. The problem with people who have religious beliefs, is often they have taken a copy of that belief without really understanding how the belief has been calculated - they didn't calculate the belief themselves. Then the whole value of that belief is basically worthless.

Scripture is written by those who have actually calculated the thoughts themselves, being the original writers of the words, just as I am doing here. But, then as we consider the wisdom behind those words, and how it compounds our existing understanding, the understanding keeps growing.

For instance, now that you have read and understood what I said here, I can pull in Jeremiah 23:30 to show that it is a thing that God is against. God is against those who copy their beliefs from each other and who steal His words from each other! .. and look at Ezekiel 13:10 that when you think about it, what has been built by using worthless beliefs, is a weak wall - a whitewashed wall. We only need to lean on it and it falls to pieces.

.. but you have been very afflicted for a long time, by those who have been agents of destruction in God's name. I understand that, and I hear the cries for comfort that are owed on account of that. Also, you need to remember that you are not alone.

No, that is not what it means to me.

Purity. They were, in those days, very close in proximity to Adonai, and He was mighty in their midst. There was very little opportunity for impurity without conviction.

I think it might do, but it really is up to the writer as to whether he thinks it should be said or not (eg: 1 Corinthians 11:14). The understanding we need is built into us as we go on the path, as I described above (Matthew 25:29).

It is very dangerous for you to say that about me, because you haven't gathered enough evidence to support that claim. You might be thinking of evidence you have gained from someone else, but if you want to bring that kind of charge against a person, and be victorious in that judgement, you need to first be asking questions and waiting for the answers :) .. that's a wisdom found in Proverbs 18:13 (not that I would have expected it to stick to you if you had read it before you said this!).
Yikes a doodle.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You don't know there's a high God, you believe that there's one. What you believe is dependent on trusting the Bible, you hope that it's all true. You can't prove what you hope on, and you can only put your faith in what you believe.

Ok.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.