United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
@Paul
Oh no, I hope the doxy left in his body does not affect the mox adversely. I pray for his wellness. When I took the first one off of the mox that is exactly what happened to her, she was lethargic, etc and her third eye got much worse the very next day. Is it possible that it isn't a large enough dosage? Well you know from my experience that mox is proven so far. The cat continues to be well the second day off the meds. He had the third eye lid also and it is gone. Are you familiar with the third eye lid and does your cat have it? If not, it is a sign of illness or stress. I will think positive thoughts all night.
I did read of one sterilization but it is dangerous and an amount has not been tested to be safe. It would be a good things for colonies of feral cats like mine.
Blessings.
I hope he is in the house and staying warm. I guess you have ticks that has caused the lyme disease?

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@Paul
Oh no, I hope the doxy left in his body does not affect the mox adversely. I pray for his wellness. When I took the first one off of the mox that is exactly what happened to her, she was lethargic, etc and her third eye got much worse the very next day. Is it possible that it isn't a large enough dosage? Well you know from my experience that mox is proven so far. The cat continues to be well the second day off the meds. He had the third eye lid also and it is gone. Are you familiar with the third eye lid and does your cat have it? If not, it is a sign of illness or stress. I will think positive thoughts all night.
I did read of one sterilization but it is dangerous and an amount has not been tested to be safe. It would be a good things for colonies of feral cats like mine.
Blessings.
I hope he is in the house and staying warm. I guess you have ticks that has caused the lyme disease?
Yes, we're loaded with ticks here. Not too far from Lyme ground zero.

Valid concern about the two drugs counter-reacting adversely. I doubt it will be a problem. My Lyme doc, when I had one, told me that Doxy dissipates rapidly.

The cat is resting now, inside, and seems to be ok. He ate a good meal in two shifts about half an hour apart.

No, I've never heard of a third eye. Will have to look that up tomorrow.

Thanks for the prayers. Much appreciated!

• Prayers
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, I meant to say third eye lid. It is in the eye just above the lower lid and appears sort of like a membrane. When the kitten died recently the third eye lid had almost taken over the whole eye.
I am glad he is resting well.
You're are welcome. I hope God is listening:)
Have a nice Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope that all the cats and kittens that are being helped by you all, get better.
It is a lovely thing that you are doing and it must bring heartbreak as well as happiness when all goes well.
May God bless you all for your love and compassion for these little creatures that desperately need your help.

When some make light of people who care about animals remember what God has said in Proverbs 12:10
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel".
I can't stand it when people say God doesn't care about animals, He created them,and said it was good, He took them into the Ark to save them. It is man that has caused so many problems through disobedience and the poor creatures have to pay the price.
We have a duty to be loving and kind, so don't let anyone put you down.
God bless you one and all and my prayers are with you and your kitties.:cat::dragonface:

• Agree
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't read it because it doesn't matter to me. God created the animals and he loves them. Nothing would stop me from saving a starving animal or person if at all possible.

WELL SAID!!!:heart::cat::cat::cat::cat:

I'm in total agreement.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I would like to ask you something. How do you harmonize animal worshiping with being a professing Christian?

This short thread explains what I mean

Animals
How does what she/he does equate to animal worship?
Worship verb: show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites.
Worship noun: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.

Heck, I donate to animal causes AND catholic causes AND homeless shelters AND to help the physically and mentally disabled as well as our wounded vets. Do you believe I worship catholics, the church, hungry and homeless people, military vets or disabled people?

I am sorry to poke at you here, but I am so tired of people acting as if they knew where the best place for your own money and time to go. Jesus never said to berate others on how they choose to use their money. He did say to help the poor and hungry, but never that you should scold others for how they live, or am I wrong on that? And for all we know ilovejcsog donates to the hungry/homeless or helps many people. You cannot take a single post of a person and paint a broad image of how they live their lives from it unless the poster actually states how they fully live their lives.
And yes, the bible never explicitly said TO or NOT to help animals, but that is not grounds to not do so. The bible also never explicitly said we should use cell phones, have cable television or internet access, but most people act as if these are now requirements for life and will pay hundreds if not thousands a month for it as opposed to using that money in better ways.

I am not trying to start an argument, simply that I feel you took the post in a direction it was not showing or intended to go in. There was no implication of animal worship in it, simply someone's attempted care for animals.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How does what she/he does equate to animal worship?
Worship verb: show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites.
Worship noun: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.

Heck, I donate to animal causes AND catholic causes AND homeless shelters AND to help the physically and mentally disabled as well as our wounded vets. Do you believe I worship catholics, the church, hungry and homeless people, military vets or disabled people?

I am sorry to poke at you here, but I am so tired of people acting as if they knew where the best place for your own money and time to go. Jesus never said to berate others on how they choose to use their money. He did say to help the poor and hungry, but never that you should scold others for how they live, or am I wrong on that? And for all we know ilovejcsog donates to the hungry/homeless or helps many people. You cannot take a single post of a person and paint a broad image of how they live their lives from it unless the poster actually states how they fully live their lives.
And yes, the bible never explicitly said TO or NOT to help animals, but that is not grounds to not do so. The bible also never explicitly said we should use cell phones, have cable television or internet access, but most people act as if these are now requirements for life and will pay hundreds if not thousands a month for it as opposed to using that money in better ways.

I am not trying to start an argument, simply that I feel you took the post in a direction it was not showing or intended to go in. There was no implication of animal worship in it, simply someone's attempted care for animals.

There's a lot of different points in this post.

First I dont want to offend the OP because they did a very kind thing and started a thread for me,so thanks again for that.

Now did you actually read that thread about animals I linked to? It speaks on the subject from a Biblical approach.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
@ Daniel C
I started the post you mentioned for you and for me and for those that didn't get a chance to post their feelings before it was closed.
As to your post here, it is only your opinion and I can only feel that it is people like you that have your opinion that are probably the very people that are animal abusers as they have no care or compassion for them. Your opinion is no longer needed or wanted here. And I am sorry for that because perhaps God would have warmed your heart a little had you been able to participate. You know how to report threads and so do I but I would rather take the mature way which is to allow people their right to post within reason. You are disrupting.
I THANK THOSE HERE THAT STICK UP FOR THE ANIMALS AND STRIVE FOR THEIR WELL BEING.
THANK YOU!

• Winner
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
@ Daniel C
I started the post you mentioned for you and for me and for those that didn't get a chance to post their feelings before it was closed.
As to your post here, it is only your opinion and I can only feel that it is people like you that have your opinion that are probably the very people that are animal abusers as they have no care or compassion for them. Your opinion is no longer needed or wanted here. And I am sorry for that because perhaps God would have warmed your heart a little had you been able to participate. You know how to report threads and so do I but I would rather take the mature way which is to allow people their right to post within reason. You are disrupting.
I THANK THOSE HERE THAT STICK UP FOR THE ANIMALS AND STRIVE FOR THEIR WELL BEING.
THANK YOU!

That's fine I won't post in this thread anymore after this one.

I have a right to defend myself before I leave against your false allegations and I will do so.

I have never abused a single animal in my life or even thought about it,so this is just a vicious thought you have imagined in your mind. I'm sad to hear that.

And in regard to the "disruption" I was only responding to people who posted me first. Try to be fair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A special prayer for Paul1149 and his ill cat. Where two or more agree.....God bless and take care of his loved one. They are precious in our eyes and want them to be well and thrive. Thank you dear Lord from all of us who love these wonderful pets you have placed in our hands for care.
In Jesus' name, AMEN.

• Prayers
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks again. The cat seems to be doing pretty well. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I bought a flea collar which seemed to use citronella. It puffed up his throat and neck and gave him flu symptoms, after just six hours of use. It's been a rough few weeks for him. But that's over , and now I found a collar that uses geranium oil +, and it seems to be well-tolerated and I think it's doing its job.

The Moxy is definitely better tolerated than the Doxy. In addition, I have him on an immune boosting supplement (I could have made my own but deferred to a dedicated cat product this time), and on probiotics to counter the destructive effect of the antibiotic in the track.

It will take a while to see if all this is working, but he's doing ok temperament- and appetite-wise. I'm also going to start giving him a quality kibble as part of his diet. I think it will be good for him, esp. his teeth.

BW.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I don't think God loves animals but I respect your view.

I don't want to mess up your thread so my view can be seen in depth through the link in my OP and I will drop out now.

You don't think God loves animals??? He created them before man, He told Adam and Eve they were to take care of them, they will be given back to us in the new earth. Anyone who abuses an animal will not be looked upon kindly by God. We are to help the helpless. The bible says He cares for the smallest of sparrows. Thank you for dropping out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
@Paul
That is good news:). It sounds like you caught the allergy to the collar just in time. Your post sounds like you are a vet. Very informative. Thanks for all of the information you give us. I hope his improvement continues until all well. I wish I could afford a better food for these strays but they are just too many. My biggest mistake with them was to feed them people food. Now they expect if everyday. It is pretty bad when we want to see them happy so much that we give them what is not good for them. I try always to stop but they love it so. So daily, there are 15 at my table.:) Just an added tip....for those who care.
I will keep praying and I hope the watchers will also. No reason why this can't be a prayer thread for them also:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
BLESSINGS ON ALL THE ANIMALS LOVERS AND PROTECTORS OF ANIMALS.

I can't offer any medical advice about anything that is taken internally. I know this much from all the animals I've had. I swear by 2 things---hand sanitizer and Neosporin! I've used this 2 things for some serious wounds that even the most expensive of vet meds did nothing for. One dog had these awful brown, round bumps, all over him, esp. belly---Vet didn't know what they were, I had to bathe him with some very expensive shampoo--it did nothing. I grabbed the hand sanitizer and just rubbed it over him---the things disappeared on contact!! Never came back. I was stunned. Both dogs had some awful anal wounds that the vet could not clear up---I washed them, gently patted the Neosporin on them daily and they were nearly completely healed within 3 days. Magic stuff for just about any animal---and humans. I always buy the Neo. by the big box that has 3 large tubes of the stuff. I wouldn't put it in their eyes, but around them and the nose would be OK, I think. Of, course, there is the tendency for them to lick it off.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, but i draw the line when it comes to feeding cats! Rrrrrrr...woof!

You just don't like them because they can bite you on the nose without stretching their necks very far.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You just don't like them because they can bite you on the nose without stretching their necks very far.

True, but, one swipe of my paw can make the earth shake! :p

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I can't offer any medical advice about anything that is taken internally. I know this much from all the animals I've had. I swear by 2 things---hand sanitizer and Neosporin! I've used this 2 things for some serious wounds that even the most expensive of vet meds did nothing for. One dog had these awful brown, round bumps, all over him, esp. belly---Vet didn't know what they were, I had to bathe him with some very expensive shampoo--it did nothing. I grabbed the hand sanitizer and just rubbed it over him---the things disappeared on contact!! Never came back. I was stunned. Both dogs had some awful anal wounds that the vet could not clear up---I washed them, gently patted the Neosporin on them daily and they were nearly completely healed within 3 days. Magic stuff for just about any animal---and humans. I always buy the Neo. by the big box that has 3 large tubes of the stuff. I wouldn't put it in their eyes, but around them and the nose would be OK, I think. Of, course, there is the tendency for them to lick it off.

Wow, this has got to be so informative to many viewers. I thought about using neosporin on the cats eye as the drainage from his eye will not wash off but was fearful that his cleaning with his paw and mouth might poison him but will remember it in the future. Do you know for a fact that it would hurt them if ingested as cats clean themselves everywhere but it would be a valuable tool to treat them with. Sounds like your good common sense has done a great thing in treating your animals. Who would have thought, especially about the hand sanitizer. KOODO'S to you!! sorry about the spelling, lol.
Thanks so much for this added advice.
BLESSINGS

Upvote 0