Treasonous traitor, liar, evil to the core! IMPEACH NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why the death penalty and not life in prison?
Why life in prison and not the death penalty?

What's the percentage of innocent people you would expect to execute in the given year?
What's the percentage of innocent people that have been executed in the last fifty years? How about just naming one. Also, how many innocents have been murdered by those who have been released from death row?

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟593,718.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Do your own blessed research will you. I am so tired of people demanding that someone else do a simple google search for them.

Their names spark vague recognition in many Illinois residents: Rolando Cruz, Alejandro Hernandez, Verneal Jimerson, Dennis Williams, Joseph Burrows, Gary Gauger, Carl Lawson, Perry Cobb, Darby Tillis.
Most people may at least remember hearing about some of them. Others could identify who a few of the men are, but come up blank on the rest. Yet the state and residents of Illinois owe a debt to these nine men that is so great, it cannot - and will not - ever be repaid.
They are the former Illinois Death Row inmates who have been found innocent and freed in the decade since the death penalty was reinstituted in the state. In the same period of time, the state executed only eight men. All together, those freed spent a total of 52 years on Death Row, and another 36 in county jails and state prisons.

In the last four years, 17 Death Row inmates in the nation have been found innocent and freed. Seven of those men were in Illinois. Many legal advocates in the state and around the country are dismayed that the state's justice system could have repeatedly failed so miserably. Throughout every one of the men's ordeals, corruption, flawed investigations, and inadequate legal representation plagued them. And in the cases of eight of the nine men, it took the intervention of people completely outside of the justice system for them to win back their freedom.

How Many Innocent Inmates Are Executed? - Human Rights Magazine Fall 1997

Equal Justice USA has issued a report on the death penalty in the US, finding at least 16 men executed since the reinstitution of the death penalty were Probably Innocent

Source

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why life in prison and not the death penalty?

What's the percentage of innocent people that have been executed in the last fifty years? How about just naming one. Also, how many innocents have been murdered by those who have been released from death row?

What percentage is required to stop supporting State murder? Nevermind. You asked for only one person to be named so that means if you know of just one innocent person that was State murdered you will stop support. Correct? If not, what was the point of asking for a percentage or just one name? Was it an attempt to convolute the dialogue and distract?

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What error? All too often, the excuse is not "I didnt do it!" But I couldnt help myself" or The victim deserved it"

You prefer to feed the innocent to the criminal. God says, if you dont wish to be executed, dont be a criminal. You say "Feed the criminal all the victims he wants lest we kill an innocent. And, "Innocent" does not always mean he did not do it, it means he had some right to do it.

Someone could watch advanced yoga videos for the next 35 years and not see this much intentional painful twisting.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What error? All too often, the excuse is not "I didnt do it!" But I couldnt help myself" or The victim deserved it"

You prefer to feed the innocent to the criminal. God says, if you dont wish to be executed, dont be a criminal. You say "Feed the criminal all the victims he wants lest we kill an innocent. And, "Innocent" does not always mean he did not do it, it means he had some right to do it.

Yes, because the only two options penology gives us to deal with criminality is a wink and a nod...or the electric chair. :doh:

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟17,324.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your opinion of Hinduism is noted and rejected. A number of groups of peoples and countries quite successfully used non-violent techniques to deal with the Nazis, they were just as much responsible for their eventual defeat as any other group. Proof please as to your assertion that South Africa is "the child rapist capital of the world."

South Africa's shame: the rise of child rape - Africa, World - The Independent

While Ntombi's story is disturbing, in South Africa it is also commonplace. The country has the world's highest incidence of rape; a girl born there today has a one in three chance of finishing school, and a one in two chance of being raped. The stories behind these statistics are explored in the documentary Dispatches: The Lost Girls of South Africa, to be screened next Sunday at 9pm on Channel 4.

It's pretty horrific.

Upvote 0

BernieEOD

Mar 21, 2009
✟1,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do your own blessed research will you. I am so tired of people demanding that someone else do a simple google search for them.

No thanks! I'd rather others do it for me. ;)

http://www.abanet.org/irr/hr/fall97/deathpen.html

Well? How many??
Equal Justice USA has issued a report on the death penalty in the US, finding at least 16 men executed since the reinstitution of the death penalty were Probably Innocent

Probably??? Equal Justice USA , a longtime leader in the movement to repeal the death penalty, issued a report on the death penalty in the US and all that they can come up with is a "Probably Innocent"? Sorry but, that not very compelling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BernieEOD

Mar 21, 2009
✟1,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What percentage is required to stop supporting State murder? Nevermind. You asked for only one person to be named so that means if you know of just one innocent person that was State murdered you will stop support. Correct? If not, what was the point of asking for a percentage or just one name? Was it an attempt to convolute the dialogue and distract?

Executing a criminal is not murder, it is the government doing its job under Romans 13. The real murderers are those who release criminbals to rape, rob, and kill again.

And besides, the godless cannot define murder anyway.
A rapist considers it evil to have a an armed woman fight him off.

Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I'm sorry, are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about capital punishment for those convicted of horrible murders. I don't know what you mean by State murder. That sounds bad.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟593,718.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Your opinion of Hinduism is noted and rejected.(Quote)
Shows where you stand. You cannot stand with Christ and demonic idol worship

Careful or you'll break the site rules there, Matey. Your ignorance of the justice system is noted and you are now on ignore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Compelling enough for me. I would rather a killer was imprisoned for life than 1 innocent person died.

We don't know of any innocents who have died . We do know of innocents who were murdered by Kenneth McDuff after he had his life spared from death row and was subsequently released.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Mod Hat on

ec82.jpg

This thread is being closed permanently upon staff review.

Please remember our flaming rule below applies to both members and groups of members.
Also remember to address the topic at hand.

Flaming

You will not insult, belittle, mock, use derogatory nicknames
in reference to other members,
or personally attack other members or groups of members.

Do not goad another member or start call-out threads.
Do
not state or imply that another member
or group of members
who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.

Avoid using sarcasm to attempt any of the above.
This flaming rule also applies to public religious figures.

If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind.
Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

Off-topic

Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose;
submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

Mod Hat off

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.