Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/23/florida-rep-on-trayvon-martin-case-were-not-trying-to-make-it-racial-it-is-racial/

Wilson says, “It's racial profiling. This isn't something that someone is pulling out of a hat. It happens all the time. It is happening as we speak. Racial profiling happens in our nation, in our state of Florida…. It happens every day. We're not trying to make it racial. It is racial.”

On the potential public reaction if shooter George Zimmerman isn’t convicted, she adds, “Well, I am afraid to even think. I don't want to think back to the '60s when people burned down cities. So, as we move around and we talk with people who are participating in rallies, we've got to prepare them as they move through this process as to what the outcome might be. There is no way I can see a grand jury not indicting this man. However, it's my understanding the grand jury is all white. I think that needs to be changed first of all. I think it should be a jury of his peers, someone who looks like him or looks like his family members, his mother or father. And I think that the energy - we'll have to find a way to transform this energy in making this a better country for little black boys. We’ve got to all become mentors.”

On the police chief stepping down, she continues, “That's an insult for him to say that he's temporarily removing himself. He needs to be fired. He needs to be removed. That's a temporary situation. He's still being paid. He probably still is a part of the investigation. He needs to be terminated. And those people in authority who refuse to terminate him, perhaps they need to be terminated. That's the only way justice is going to be served.”

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
And Curly, I post whatever site has the best coverage of the topic. I post from Politico, Fox, MSNBC, WSJ, etc. and any other site where I can verify what they're talking about.

Probably because The Blaze is one of the most unreliable sources out there? :p

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably because The Blaze is one of the most unreliable sources out there? :p
I guess that's saying a lot after your description of the events when you said Martin ran, so Zimmerman, so Martin ran faster and then Zimmerman ran faster until Zimmerman caught him and tackled him from behind, all without any evidence to support your version of the "facts"

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess that's saying a lot after your description of the events when you said Martin ran, so Zimmerman, so Martin ran faster and then Zimmerman ran faster until Zimmerman caught him and tackled him from behind, all without any evidence to support your version of the "facts"

The evidence was in every report that's been published since the beginning of the thread :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The evidence was in every report that's been published since the beginning of the thread :thumbsup:
Funny thing is that I asked you to source your claims about Zimmerman running after Martin and I asked another poster as well. All I got was crickets. :wave:

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny thing is that I asked you to source your claims about Zimmerman running after Martin and I asked another poster as well. All I got was crickets. :wave:

Well, since you have no concept of being wrong, I can imagine that you have gone through 72 pages of thread and not seen it.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, since you have no concept of being wrong, I can imagine that you have gone through 72 pages of thread and not seen it.
I've been here from the beginning and all I've seen is speculation. Of course you free to point it out or refuse like the other poster. Care to guess why he refused?

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been here from the beginning and all I've seen is speculation. Of course you free to point it out or refuse like the other poster. Care to guess why he refused?

Probably for the same reason I am. I've danced this dance with you before, not really bored enough to do it again.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably for the same reason I am. I've danced this dance with you before, not really bored enough to do it again.
That's 2 for 2. I have to assume there is no evidence that Zimmerman ran after Martin, especially in the manner you described, but people are free to make stuff up

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That's 2 for 2. I have to assume there is no evidence that Zimmerman ran after Martin, especially in the manner you described, but people are free to make stuff up

Are you part of some company that tests the limit of what people will tolerate, in the face of reason?

Cuz this would actually make more sense...

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you part of some company that tests the limit of what people will tolerate, in the face of reason?

Cuz this would actually make more sense...
I've been discussing a point from reason, are you saying my liberal friends are having trouble tolerating that?

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been discussing a point from reason, are you saying my liberal friends are having trouble tolerating that?

Mmmm. My my my. get called out on using troll logic, throw out something about liberals and tolerance. It's like people think all liberals are the naive hipster type or something.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

You are trying to reason your reasoning, in spite of anything else that contradicts it.

That's the difference.

(I only see a Libertarian and an Independent bothering to discuss this with you.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You are trying to reason your reasoning, in spite of anything else that contradicts it.

That's the difference.

(I only see a Libertarian and an Independent bothering to discuss this with you.)

Rule #23 of Mach: Anybody who disagrees with Mach is automatically liberal, even if they aren't actually liberal.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Rule #23 of Mach: Anybody who disagrees with Mach is automatically liberal, even if they aren't actually liberal.

I figured that out long ago :p

Must be awfully lonely in the United Singularity of Mach :p

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think it's quite like that though. It's not so much that he's right and everyone else is wrong, so much as his side is right and anybody not on his side is on the polar opposite side.

It's the difference between egocentrism and simply an inability to deal with something more complicated than "good guys vs bad guys."

Or "us v. them". I think part of the problem is that Christianity is very much an us v. them religion.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Or "us v. them". I think part of the problem is that Christianity is very much an us v. them religion.

That's not really a problem with Christianity specifically, but a problem with any group determined to enforce certain ways of living in general. Religious, Political, it doesn't really matter. You convince people that everyone who lives differently are wrong, it's eventually going to turn into "us vs them" out of necessity. After all, they need to justify being left behind by social change somehow.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not really a problem with Christianity specifically, but a problem with any group determined to enforce certain ways of living in general. Religious, Political, it doesn't really matter. You convince people that everyone who lives differently are wrong, it's eventually going to turn into "us vs them" out of necessity. After all, they need to justify being left behind by social change somehow.

Too true.

Personally, I'd just like for everyone to get together around the proverbial table and calmly and fairly discuss everyone's different ideas and find a way to make a compromise that keeps everyone happy AND helps our country/world.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.