• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I finally started my Trauma Therapy this past Friday, though I had waited for it for months. The wait was worth it. My Therapist, she is Christian, had me first write a list of things that I can do to cope during the week, should I remain triggered after session. (I have been doing some of these things this weekend).

Then she showed me a chart that describes emotions and asked me what emotion I was in and at what level.

After that, we started with my earliest trauma and talked me through that. Then the next earliest and so on.

I feel pretty good. I feel some relief. It was worth the wait.

I had been with another therapist for years. Then one day she said she could no longer help me. I am so glad that she did this. I would still be floundering around out there if she had not.

For the past few months the new therapist and I have been doing set-ups for this Trauma Therapy. We cleaned up all the things that the other Therapist could not handle. I guess sometimes you just have to get with the right person in order for things to work best.

(My diagnosis is cPTSD).

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I guess sometimes you just have to get with the right person in order for things to work best.
I'm happy to know God provided another helper for you. Whenever I am feeling anxious or depressed, I try to pray and meditate on verses about anxiety. Hymns are very comforting to me as well. I pray this counselor will be of much help to strengthen your faith and confidence in God and His ability to provide for all our needs.

Upvote 0

Moises

Sep 6, 2012
NYC
Visit site
✟15,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Glad to hear that you finally found a therapist who could work better with you. People in programs will always tell you, if a therapist isn't working out, there's no reason why you should feel like you should stick with that person and try and make it work.
Remember, this is also YOUR time and YOUR money! Also, your wellbeing is at stake, so you want to make sure you're getting the best for your money, know what I mean?

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks. However, I did not know that anything was better or even available. If you have never had something better than what you are getting, you won't find that out, probably, until after you have switched practitioners.

Upvote 0