Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now that the details have been unauthorizedly unsuppressed, it looks like the murders had nothing to do with the perp being trans or the victims being Christian.
It probably still does, but as reactionary factors, ramifications of how the perpetrator's view of self and relationship to society, with the children of the Christian school representing in particular what the perpetrator hated most about society.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It probably still does, but as reactionary factors, ramifications of how the perpetrator's view of self and relationship to society, with the children of the Christian school representing in particular what the perpetrator hated most about society.
We can’t believe the manifesto?
Why read it then?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why read it then?
We understand that the manifesto is the product of criminal insanity.

That gives us some insight into that particular criminally insane mind, but we don't accept it as a rational view of reality...because it obviously is not a rational view of reality.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We understand that the manifesto is the product of criminal insanity.

That gives us some insight into that particular criminally insane mind, but we don't accept it as a rational view of reality...because it obviously is not a rational view of reality.
Right, but we needn’t peruse it to know that. (It’s fine for LEA/LEOs to aid in profiling and such)

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guns have not changed.
Why would you say that?

They have changed since the 2nd Amendment was written and, no doubt, they will continue to change. Muskets and flintlocks are a far cry from Glocks, AR-15s and Gatling guns. Why back then, each gun had to be made separately - interchangeable parts would come later. Nowadays people can make a pistol at home with a 3-D printer.
They have not become evil, hateful, or crazy.
Anthropomorphism? Yeah, they are insensate, inanimate objects.
Guns are the same as they have always been.
Again, no, there have been major changes in the last 230 years.
Guns do not write manifestos about hating and murdering white people. Guns have never woke up one morning and become excited about mowing down white Christian children.
True, but if you are a modern American mass murderer, then guns are the tool of choice - convenient and effective.
It is not guns.
True, but guns make it easy to carry out killing small groups of people. They are noisy and available.
It is people who have lost the value of life and are out of touch with the reality of life and human existence.
Human nature has not changed, sadly. I hate to break it to you but people are like this, some of them, and always have been. Cain and Abel, old story. The Bible, the Old Testament is chock full of war, murder and oppression.
It is people who write manifestos about mowing down white Christian children. Why is life of so little value? Partially because we have slain 65 million children in the womb. Life is not precious. It is disposable. People have become mean and ugly. People kill people. Guns are merely the weapon of choice. Some people use knives. Some people have used automobiles. The evil is that these folks think they are justified in what they do. They are mad because the world does not accept and play along with their fantasies. They see Christianity as the root of that rejection. They may be correct about that. But it certainly does not excuse and certainly not justify their hate for Christians. The DOJ hushed up and hid this manifesto. Even now, Facebook has censored it from their platform. Get to the root of the problem. The Bible says we will be hated for three things.
The name of Jesus.
The Word of God.
For righteousness sake.
This, I think would be the third.
Sometimes Christians are the victims, sometimes they are the perpetrator, sometimes they are both and sometimes neither.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right, but we needn’t peruse it to know that. (It’s fine for LEA/LEOs to aid in profiling and such)
In the national security business, in order to classify something, we have to identify the specific danger to national security that information poses. There are nine specific cases of personal privacy that allowed the government to withhold certain other information as well.

What's the specific danger to national security or personal privacy that withholding this information from the public remedies?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you say that?

They have changed since the 2nd Amendment was written and, no doubt, they will continue to change. Muskets and flintlocks are a far cry from Glocks, AR-15s and Gatling guns. Why back then, each gun had to be made separately - interchangeable parts would come later. Nowadays people can make a pistol at home with a 3-D printer.

Anthropomorphism? Yeah, they are insensate, inanimate objects.
And as such, they are not moral agents. They are not the "blame" for anything.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anti-muslim anecdote?
That's how it came off but perhaps that's not how you intended it? I think this is what @Tropical Wilds meant:

I watched a video clip from Sweden the other day. A man of Arab descent was climbing a ladder with a machete to murder his ex (who lived there) and rape her mother. The father who was trying to defend his family from the man, was doing so with a broom...and failing. I couldn't help but think this was the ideal time to have a gun handy and I wouldn't ever have such a problem as this unfortunate Swede.
How did you know this man was of Arab descent? Did the video specify that he was? More to the point, in your telling of this video, why specify that the machete man was of Arab descent? Did that tidbit make a difference in the story?

Then later:
It's a situation which calls for lethal force. The man (I suspect) came from one of those cultures that doesn't gracefully accept rejection from women (think acid in the face) and decided to go whatever route he could (acid being harder to come by in throwable quantities in certain nations).

I thought acid in the face was a South Asian thing, but why even bring up something that did not happen....well, you suspect....

Perhaps this wasn't meant as an anti-muslim anecdote but an anti-immigrant one? What was the point?

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And as such, they are not moral agents. They are not the "blame" for anything.
I understand that they are not moral agents, being insensate, inanimate objects; however, they have changed while human nature has not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's how it came off but perhaps that's not how you intended it? I think this is what @Tropical Wilds meant:

How did you know this man was of Arab descent? Did the video specify that he was? More to the point, in your telling of this video, why specify that the machete man was of Arab descent? Did that tidbit make a difference in the story?

Then later:

I thought acid in the face was a South Asian thing, but why even bring up something that did not happen....well, you suspect....

Perhaps this wasn't meant as an anti-muslim anecdote but an anti-immigrant one? What was the point?

It was a pro gun point. It was Sweden.

It literally watches like a pro-gun advertisement because frankly, the idea that this man only got 2 years for this is bonkers.

It's definitely not my fault if some people become distressed by facts.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,854.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Here’s the deal…this person was obviously a very disturbed individual, why would anyone want to read the ravings of such a person?
In many cases it's needed to stop speculation demonization of others or their ideas. For example the attacks against those who stood against standing kids and the legislators who passed the laws. They were blamed by a lot of people for this occurring. The manifesto can simply put to rest this narrative and put the truth in it's place.

We didn't hear a lot of "we don't know why this guy acted this way. He was obviously disturbed so that's it."

No we heard "it all the transphobs. fault if it the legislature would have passed these laws it wouldn't have happened."

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,854.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Now that the details have been unauthorizedly unsuppressed, it looks like the murders had nothing to do with the perp being trans or the victims being Christian.
Well all we can say right now is that one motive we know about are white privileged people. We can't definitely say anything else other than that.

Which includes the possibility that he felt people were transphobic or the legislators passed transphobic laws in his opinion.

We know very little about his motives. Maybe the couple of pages released were it. I dunno. Maybe there is more.

But what we cannot say is that what we know is all there is.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,854.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well all we can say right now is that one motive we know about are white privileged people. We can't definitely say anything else other than that.

Which includes the possibility that he felt people were transphobic or the legislators passed transphobic laws in his opinion.

We know very little about his motives. Maybe the couple of pages released were it. I dunno. Maybe there is more.

But what we cannot say is that what we know
Why read it then?
We haven't read the manifesto. We can believe the 3 pages we saw, but we have no idea what else there is.

We not that at least one motivation is white privilege. We have no clue if there is anything else. All anyone is doing other than that is joining in the speculation of the lame stream media that this was all based on transphobia. Which isn't the case so far. Maybe if we had the rest of it we would know.

Upvote 0