TRAGIC DEATH Soccer journalist Grant Wahl dead aged 48 in Qatar while covering World Cup two weeks after being detained

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you know he was healthy?
It seems you ignored the quotes I posted from him indicating he wasn't feeling well on the trip.
And btw, it's not uncommon for a 48 year old man to die suddenly from a heart attack.
That's true, it's not unheard of this data from 2019 (which was pre-covid, and pre-covid vaccine...just so we don't get people claiming it was because of that)

1670861936700.png

The guy being discussed here fits at least 1 of these (being male)

However, he didn't appear to be obese (he looked pretty fit), not sure if was ever a smoker, and not sure of his family history.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist

Soccer journalist Grant Wahl died from an undetected aortic aneurysm that ruptured, his wife said in a statement Wednesday, insisting “there was nothing nefarious about his death.”​

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I knew a first division rugby player who dropped dead when he was out for a run on the beach.

Come to think of it one of the star players in this world cup is very lucky to be alive. Danish soccer player Christian Eriksen’s heart stopped beating after he fell to the ground during a Euro 2020 match against Finland. He was lucky it happened during a match. How many other places do you know where a defibrillator would be available, let alone people trained to use it without delay?

Healthy people die all the time.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Soccer journalist Grant Wahl died from an undetected aortic aneurysm that ruptured, his wife said in a statement Wednesday, insisting “there was nothing nefarious about his death.”​
The autopsy puts an end to rampant speculation that followed Mr. Wahl’s death. Posts on social media hinted at links to Covid vaccines or retaliation by the Qatari government for an article Mr. Wahl had written about immigrant deaths.

Mr. Wahl’s wife, Dr. Celine Gounder, is a leading infectious disease physician who rose to prominence during the coronavirus pandemic and advised President Biden’s transition team on Covid-19. She and the rest of the family rejected, in particular, the speculation linking his death to vaccines, saying that it was especially insulting because of her work.

The autopsy found that Mr. Wahl had an ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm, a weakening of the blood vessel that often goes undetected. As the aneurysm grows, it may produce a cough, shortness of breath or chest pain, some of which the doctors consulted by Mr. Wahl in Qatar might have attributed to his cold and a possible case of bronchitis.

In rare cases, the aneurysm can rupture and lead to death. Doctors are now exploring whether Mr. Wahl had Marfan syndrome, a risk factor for this type of aneurysm. He was tall and thin and had long arms, all of which can be signs of the genetic syndrome.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

So he went the same way as Peter Steele from Type O Negative.

I'm actually surprised I didn't think of that being that I get preventative AAA ultrasound screenings every two years since my family has a history of it.

Upvote 0