On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Electron micrographs of maggots makes baby blayz cry
May I give you one of a cute chubby tardigrade as consolation? ;)

Adult_tardigrade.jpg

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They are damn good, aren't they? Not to mention absolutely adorable.

Amazing, I thought 8 legger meant 'spider' but thanks to your recommendation I looked it up and found it exists as a parallel to the arthropods, and is also numerically successful though generally smaller so not as easily noticed.

But I still have to give an amazing random fact so here it is:

Single-celled life forms in total on Earth out-weigh all the multi-celled life forms

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Before commercial whaling began there were approximately 340,000 Blue Whales in the ocean, a recent count came to 4,727

I guess science should be balanced with scripture:

Gen 9 v2And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Amazing, I thought 8 legger meant 'spider' but thanks to your recommendation I looked it up and found it exists as a parallel to the arthropods, and is also numerically successful though generally smaller so not as easily noticed.

But I still have to give an amazing random fact so here it is:

Single-celled life forms in total on Earth out-weigh all the multi-celled life forms
Looks like bacteria own the earth! :p

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Before commercial whaling began there were approximately 340,000 Blue Whales in the ocean, a recent count came to 4,727
Blue whales are notoriously hard to track. A figure of 4,727 is suspiciously accurate; where did you get it? I think your source may be exagerrating :p Or possibly doing dodgy maths.

I guess science should be balanced with scripture:
I find the two mix like oil and water :p

Gen 9 v2And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
So... we should eat whales to extinction?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If you chew gum whilst cutting onions, you won't cry.
That one I feel obliged to test. Scientifically. If it works, you have my eternal gratitude.

Looks like bacteria own the earth! :p
Don't forget archaea! Everyone always forgets them :cry: Even though their abundance is comparable to, or even exceeds, that of bacteria in some habitats and ecological roles. (Papers in Nature Say So, HA!)

Also, they are huge contributors to global warming, if cow burp is the planet-destroying threat they say it is ^_^

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A bit of mouth breathing stops crying from onions, and that is what the gum chewing is doing.

New fact fresh in from last night: I can drink 3 pitchers of margarita and not get a hangover in the morning

Actual fact: A German company plans to sequence 100 000 human genomes by 2014

Ion Torrent, recently bought by Life Tech for $700m+, aims to build a sequencing machine that costs $10, and can sequence the human genome for $10 in 10 minutes.

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
A bit of mouth breathing stops crying from onions, and that is what the gum chewing is doing.
Mouth breathing doesn't seem to work for me, and I chew gum with a closed mouth :(

New fact fresh in from last night: I can drink 3 pitchers of margarita and not get a hangover in the morning
Three pitchers? :D

Actual fact: A German company plans to sequence 100 000 human genomes by 2014

Ion Torrent, recently bought by Life Tech for $700m+, aims to build a sequencing machine that costs $10, and can sequence the human genome for $10 in 10 minutes.
Hey, they could hurry up. Would make my PhD a lot easier. Not to mention cheaper! ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
And how to get really hungover, too? :p
That's the beauty of it. See, the world-renowned best cure for a hangover is (drum roll please) A FULL ENGLISH :p. Fried bread, sausages, mushroom, beans, bacon, egg, you'll be right as rain. Plus some hair of the dog helps it go down a treat :p

Upvote 0