Tornado dreams

denise11

May 27, 2008
✟15,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi,

I have had prophetic visions in my dreams all my life. As I have grown older, they have become fewer and far between. For example, I dreamed about a red brick building and a feeling of so many emotions and confusion all at once that people were feeling overwhelmed. Later I saw the exact same red brick building on the news: it was the Oklahoma City bombing.

A few months ago, I dreamed about these horrible-looking creatures that looked kind of like skinless flying gremlins almost, and monkeys. It was in a desert looking area, and there was something that looked like a train. The brown monkeys were lying around waiting to die because they had been bitten. My son was one who got bit, but instead of its taking just one bite, it took 3 bites for him to start to fail. I remember his looking at me and I could kind of read his mind, and his saying,
"I'm sorry I failed you Mom," and me wanting to comfort and reassure him that he hadn't failed me, he was the strongest one there (spiritually), but he could not hear me and I could not communicate with him. That one really upset me!

Almost exactly 2 months later, I was getting ready to pump gas into my SUV. Right before I got out of the car, the Christian radio station we listen to reported a huge outbreak of monkeys in a remote area near a city in India, and that they were sending in other monkeys to get these monkeys out of the subway cars because they were scaring people. I knew immediately that was my dream. I am still unsure how my son fit into the dream, although I do know in most of my dreams it's as if me and my family are part of them, but they are usually actually about someone else.

My dreams are not always prophetic. I think sometimes the enemy uses my gift of prophecy against me, as he knows my weaknesses. I have not yet developed the gift of interpreting my dreams. That's where I am hoping you will come in.

I've had recurring dreams of tornadoes. This time my boys and I were in a blue-gray glass building, surrounded by the public (a crowd of people), and suddenly someone said a tornado was coming, unexpected and completely out of the blue. I walked over to the window in the direction of the tornado and saw it - and then the lights suddenly went out. When I walked back over to where my boys and I had been, they were gone. I was crying out their names and praying in the Spirit and in my dream the Lord led me to them as I walked over all the hovered bodies with their heads covered - they had been taken to another room, and the door had been closed. I remember thinking most of the kids here have been trained how to respond to a tornado, but mine are homeschooled and probably don't know how to respond. But they were covering their heads like everyone else, so I bent down and covered their heads with my own body and head and hands and arms. Then I remember singing Jesus Loves Me to them and everyone in the room started singing it together with us. But just as quickly someone else changed the words to be secular but to the tune of Jesus loves me...and I remember having a snarling scowl on my face but refusing to sing the secular version and continuing to sing Jesus loves me with my children.

The next thing I remember my older son was crying and said the younger one was "gone," and he had heard him say "panic." I realized we had accidentally crushed him with our bodies trying to protect him, and he was no longer breathing.

Please, can someone who interprets dreams tell me what tornadoes, crowds, and the death of a child in a dream means? I do know sometimes storms and such are warnings or can reveal a crisis, which we have definitely had in the past. But my younger son was the one who supposedly died in the monkey dream, too.

If you have the spiritual gift of the interpretation of dreams, please e-mail me.

Oh - just one more note. Usually my dreams of tornadoes are those of when we're in the van and there is a tornado foreboding impending doom. However, today was the first time we were in an actual (glass) building.

Thank you so much and God bless you!
Gwena
hi what do u mean prophecy do u mean a prophet? to my understand there were only 12 apostles in the bible in the old testiment??

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi what do u mean prophecy do u mean a prophet? to my understand there were only 12 apostles in the bible in the old testiment??
Many Christians believe that all Christians are commissioned to do the same things the apostles did. It's risky of course, but intended to build others up and glorify God.

Re 1:6
and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father--to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever.

Re 5:10
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.

Mt 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

(Appears to be spoken to the eleven, but then extends to the end of the age, and to observing all, including healing and miracles.)

Gifts of the spirit in 1 Cor. 12, for all believers.

7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy,and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.

11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. 12 For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.

...And that prophecy is part of God's continuing plan, and practice it as an everyday gift.

Lu 10:1Now after this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come....The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. "Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.

Mt 7:22
Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

(A negative example, but showing that even semi-believers were able to prophesy and perform miracles.)

Mt 10:8
"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.
Jesus saw these gifts as things that help people and should be freely offered.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2009
✟15,173.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
i was writing about dreams here and what i wrote got erased or something, but i think dreams of tornadoes mean something really important. i think that dreams can be subjective dreams where they are personal to the dreamer with symbols that only the dreamer would know, and then sometimes a godly person can help with interpreting and understanding dreams. i started a post in the 'dream and vision' place for that .
blessestohonorgod

Upvote 0

chickuhdee20

Feb 27, 2009
TN
Visit site
✟7,620.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had a dream about a tornado once. The next morning when I woke up I told my parents that a tornado was going to hit our town later that night - needless to say they didn't believe me, until it hit our town around 730pm.

I've had a lot of dreams and then they actually happen. It's weird to predict things and freak people out cause you knew it was going to happen.

Upvote 0

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have dreams about tornadoes several times a year (2-3). Most of them are about me seeing them forming in the sky. They are usually huge, and angry looking, very fast moving, and I spend a good bit of the dreaming following them by sight while trying reall hard to find a place to hole up until it passes. The tornado and the locations change from dream to dream, as do the places I try to hide out. It's funny how I have these now,a nd have had them for about 8 years or so. In the past, as a teenager I typically had waterfall dreams (hanging onto something at the very edge of the falls). Ah well, I always have very bizarre dreams and my just briefly describing them just doesn't do them justice.

Upvote 0

TimAM

God fearing and God loving!
Jan 22, 2009
U.S.
✟64,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've had many many dreams of tornadoes ever since I was younger. Just had one early this morning\late last night as a matter of fact. I was chasing them and near the end, I was standing under one that was lifting though it seemed extremely small and very close in the dream.

I guess I have them because I live pretty much in tornado alley and have really bad storms from time to time and I'm a storm spotter so I usually check forecasts for possible future storms so that may be another reason why I have them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

C-Man

Apr 12, 2010
Texas
✟9,173.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've had tornado dreams for as far back as I can remember.
Even as a child, around 3 years old or so, I'd dream I was driving an SUV with 5 or 6 of my family members in it, and tornadoes would form all around us on the horizon. The creepy part is that I own a truck now that is virtually identical to the one in my early dreams, even though the body style hadn't been invented yet.

Upvote 0

LeahMarie

Nov 6, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

My name is Leah. I know it's been quite a few years since you posted about your tornado dream where your son and you crushed your son, do I'm not even sure if you will get this MSG. However, if you are meant to you will.

I'm not a dream interpreter. I'm blessed with having occasional prophetic insights. I could be wrong but I interpreted your dream to mean as such:

The glass building tells me you're being protected by the Lord in his stronghold and he's allowing you to see the enemy's attack before it comes.

I think the crowd would be symbolic of the church. Although everyone has been trained how to handle an attack of the enemy it doesn't mean they know how to. So I think it's good your children went with the church to begin with and you came in to protect them.

As for your son, I feel like the two dreams together are important. In both dreams he died. The first one it sounded like he was trying to not disappoint you. The second one he was being smothered by your care.

I mean this from a loving place, but I feel like the tornado is a spiritual attack on your son, as are the monkeys. I think it's also a message to you that you have raised him, instilled in him Gods will, and now you can no longer protect him. Like in the tornado dream, he will find his own way to safety. Its the hardest lesson for a mother to learn, to let her release her children into the world and will of God. But there comes a point when you need to be there as a solid grounding and no longer a protective cover.

I hope there's some help in there for you. If I'm wrong 100% that's just fine :) if I'm right, please take it as the truth.

God bless,

Leah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Motor City Christian

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Detroit area
✟22,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I had a dream three weeks ago that I was at a gas station a couple of miles south of my house. The first one missed me by about a block or so. I was running away west from this tornado as it came out of the east. Then I couldn't escape the next one or get inside the next gas station I found myself at; all I could do was crawl on the ground underneath the metal roof above the pumps. The roof came down on me and severely injured me, then I woke up.

Upvote 0

Rescue363

Nov 17, 2011
Marlton, New Jersey
✟15,143.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Wow I get these all the time. I just had one two nights ago that I was in Columbus, Ohio for some reason living at some hotel. I've never been to Columbus in real life or ever really thought about Columbus for any reason but whatever. So I was watching this tornado about 2 blocks down with some guy that was supposed to be a friend of mine. It hit a skyscraper and moved away from us. All of a sudden it turned around and came right for the hotel. But somehow I knew I was completely safe, even as the building was hit. It was a sturdy building but everything around the hotel was destroyed. Since my dream has always been to see a live tornado, maybe I need to take a trip to Ohio. If you live in Columbus you're safe. Just sayin. And then theres always the classic tornado dream where you're stuck out in this field somewhere with no where to go trying to outrun this ridiculously huge tornado. And it's funny because in the dream you're running so fast, its like you're actually driving a car 100 mph. Aah dreams.

Upvote 0

JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have dreams about tornadoes several times a year (2-3). Most of them are about me seeing them forming in the sky. They are usually huge, and angry looking, very fast moving, and I spend a good bit of the dreaming following them by sight while trying reall hard to find a place to hole up until it passes. The tornado and the locations change from dream to dream, as do the places I try to hide out. It's funny how I have these now,a nd have had them for about 8 years or so. In the past, as a teenager I typically had waterfall dreams (hanging onto something at the very edge of the falls). Ah well, I always have very bizarre dreams and my just briefly describing them just doesn't do them justice.

My experience is similar to yours. I dream about tornadoes probably 2 or 3 times a year also. This started in childhood and has continued till now ( i am about your age ... 56.) Anyway I also see them forming in the sky and they start heading my way. I start trying to figure out where to hide but always have some difficulties. Sometimes I am in a house and go to the basement but sometimes I am downtown Oklahoma City and am looking for a way to get into a skyscraper and find the basement. Almost always I find a degree of safety but not completely. I usually have to hang on to something not very strong and hope I don't get sucked up.

I used to be terrifed by these dreams but for some reason they sometimes seem semi-enjoyable to me now.

Once when I was a kid I dreamed that a tornado was coming and I was trying to outrun it but was sucked up and got taken up to heaven. All around me were Angels. I heard a loud voice from God but didn't understand what He said. An Angel next to me told me that God said to go back to the earth and tell everyone that Jesus was coming soon. The next thing I knew was that I was back on earth in my home town on main street telling some people that Jesus was coming soon and to get ready.

Weird huh? Later on when I was in college I had a friend who was an alcoholic. I told him about the dream and He went home and thought about it. He started praying that God would save Him. Later He told me that He quit drinking that night. Then later on he became a chaplain in the military.

So it's really strange how God used that crazy dream to infulence someone. Life is weird huh?

Upvote 0

bottledwater

Under Construction
Mar 1, 2015
✟1,505.00
Faith
Christian
Has anyone ever had dreams of tornadoes?

I have had 52 dreams of tornadoes since 1993. Some white, some grey, some black. Sometimes one, or three, or even six at once. In all dreams, myself and those I am with are never hurt. In fact, in one dream a tornado got very small and jumped up into the palm of my hand like a little pet.

I had a dream once not that long ago, where I was standing in the garage of the house(not the house I am in), and trees with their roots started floating by the front of the garage from one side to the other, and then out of my line of sight. The door was open and I just watched each pass by like a hot air balloon. Really quite peaceful.
Then, I looked out the side window in the garage, and I saw that a tornado was uprooting these trees, and tossing them in the direction that they were traveling.
I do not really remember anything else about it.
I am pretty sure that I have had a few tornado dreams over the years.

Upvote 0