United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Man and woman are created differently. Equality doesn't mean identical. Men have 2 privates and women have 3 privates. The law should be equal as in all people should cover their privates. It doesn't matter how many biological privates. Cover means cover. That is how I would look at laws governing our society.

All these new western counter cultures where everyone is identical is idiosyncrasy at its finest. A self delusion in the face of facts. It's like playing a never ending game of make believe.
Societies have always created their own laws. Since the enlightenment era laws have been made in response to what the culture classes as devient behaviour, or behaviour that causes harm or infringes the rights of others.

Surely, there may be an outcry if women start dressing like men. Many in society would feel uncomfortable at women going around topless. Maybe most women have the sense not to do it. But if they do, people may demand that it stop.

Now considering the drive for equality, we have laws in place to prevent different laws based on gender. Some women are attracted to men's chests causing them to lust, and a lot of women have breasts that are not particularly appealing because society determines what attractiveness is. I think women's bodies are too sexualized because if there are issues surrounding breastfeeding something is wrong.

I think the law should have stayed because that fits with my values. However, I would enjoy seeing a law forcing men to cover up because maybe them going swimming in full attire may make them realise what it is like to have to live the way women do to try to escape sexual objectification. It's gone on for centuries.

Jesus said not to lust but many Christians still think it's ok to judge women on their outer beauty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is an increase the lawlessness abounding in the last days which the Bible speaks of. God clothed Adam and Eve after the Fall, public nakedness then is rebellion against God by flaunting publicly that which God has deemed ought to be concealed. There is also the corrupting, desensitizing effect on the youths (and everyone really, but especially the youths). And then consider how even more so will dress (and lack thereof) that is horribly immodest by God's definition be accepted as modest by society when there are topless women walking around. It is sad, it is a shame, and anyone with God's Spirit in them will be grieved by this and find it outrageous. This should provoke us to prayer and to be the salt and light of the world which Bible says Christ's disciples should be. This is sure an example of what can happen when the salt has lost its savor and is good for nothing.

You would probably like it in Saudi Arabia. They sure know how to treat women. No fear of seeing anything topless there (well unless you attend public executions I guess).

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that both men and women do in fact believe or understand that a topless woman in public is a greater or more pronounced expression of sexuality than a topless man in public. This is probably why women are more likely to bare as much skin on top than men at certain public functions, such as red carpet events. However, according to the biblical standard, there is now a problem in the US with both men and women running around half naked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
This is an increase the lawlessness abounding in the last days which the Bible speaks of. God clothed Adam and Eve after the Fall, public nakedness then is rebellion against God by flaunting publicly that which God has deemed ought to be concealed. There is also the corrupting, desensitizing effect on the youths (and everyone really, but especially the youths). And then consider how even more so will dress (and lack thereof) that is horribly immodest by God's definition be accepted as modest by society when there are topless women walking around. It is sad, it is a shame, and anyone with God's Spirit in them will be grieved by this and find it outrageous. This should provoke us to prayer and to be the salt and light of the world which Bible says Christ's disciples should be. This is sure an example of what can happen when the salt has lost its savor and is good for nothing.
Why pray if you believe that such lawlessness is certain in our day? If it is certain, then such prayer is an absolute waste of time, is it not?

In fact, such a notion of pre-Rapture inevitable moral decline is part of the problem. Such erroneous eschatology is harming the Churches ability to be the salt and light of the earth and to be the major force for positive change in society.

Things do not have to degrade morally in the nation. We have had many victories in the pucblic arena. We will make progress as long as we stop believing the fallacy of inevitable decline prior to the 1 Thess. 4:17 event.

We just have to believe. God has chosen to largely work through the prayers of the His people. Look at the verses in my signature, please. That is how He has ordained it to be. No true good will come forth in society unless God brings it forth through His saints. If such does not come forth, it is largely the Churches fault.

We should keep it in mind that as long as Moses kept the staff held up, Israel prevailed in the day of battle. The staff has been half lowered for decades now, due largely to errant eschatology. I believe that is changing, thank God Almighty.

• Agree
Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Nobody knew it was wrong until somebody made that claim. Who told you you were naked?

Of course you are misrepresenting God's Word, as the Serpent did. And what is the previous verse to your reference?

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself (Genesis 3:10).

Those societies that follow your apparent line of reasoning are either third world societies or fast becoming such. If such reasoning normally accompanies societal poverty or degradation, then such reasoning more than likely represents corrupt thinking. So much for your non-biblical assumption.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Of course you are misrepresenting God's Word, as the Serpent did. And what is the previous verse to your reference?

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself (Genesis 3:10).
Who told them? They made the self determination once knowing they could use their will over the will of God.. I'm sure if my cat woke up one day embarrassed his butt showed every time he lifted his tail, I'd make him some cover. But like God I wouldn't bother until that time. What He made was perfect as is.
Those societies that follow your apparent line of reasoning are either third world societies or fast becoming such. If such reasoning normally accompanies societal poverty or degradation, then such reasoning more than likely represents corrupt thinking.
Judgemental. Another fault of the fall.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You would probably like it in Saudi Arabia. They sure know how to treat women. No fear of seeing anything topless there (well unless you attend public executions I guess).

Bad logic sir. Saudi Arabia's values and rules are not derived from the Word of God. Just because Saudi Arabians go into the ditch on one side of the road doesn't mean it's okay to go into a ditch on the other side. Should we legalize theft just because some countries cut off hands of thieves? Should we legalize public nudity just because some countries don't even let women show their faces in public? Should we kill Muslims for being Muslims because Saudi Arabia kills Christians for being Christians? I could go on, but there is no reason that whatever Saudi Arabia or any country does should influence our laws. Bible principles, the common sense teaching of nature, the welfare of children and all citizens etc should be what does influence our laws. I don't care what heathens do who are not guided by these things, whether they have ventured into liberalism, ultra-unnecessary strictness, or anything else contrary to Bible principles.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why pray if you believe that such lawlessness is certain in our day? If it is certain, then such prayer is an absolute waste of time, is it not?

In fact, such a notion of pre-Rapture inevitable moral decline is part of the problem. Such erroneous eschatology is harming the Churches ability to be the salt and light of the earth and to be the major force for positive change in society.

Things do not have to degrade morally in the nation. We have had many victories in the pucblic arena. We will make progress as long as we stop believing the fallacy of inevitable decline prior to the 1 Thess. 4:17 event.

We just have to believe. God has chosen to largely work through the prayers of the His people. Look at the verses in my signature, please. That is how He has ordained it to be. No true good will come forth in society unless God brings it forth through His saints. If such does not come forth, it is largely the Churches fault.

We should keep it in mind that as long as Moses kept the staff held up, Israel prevailed in the day of battle. The staff has been half lowered for decades now, due largely to errant eschatology. I believe that is changing, thank God Almighty.

You are correct. I see that the Bible says lawlessness will abound in the last days, that is all I meant by what I said. What you say here is completely right and it need not contradict the general principle that I stated. Lawlessness need not abound here and now on our watch, yet there is a general landslide or avalanche which we're fighting against- lawlessness is increasing by the very fact that we have to stand against things like the legalization of topless women in public. But we ought to stand against it and defeat in our stance is not guaranteed. Much damage has already been done and it is unrealistic to think it can all be reversed, yet things can get better to a large degree when the church is faithful, and lawlessness need not abound anywhere near the point the devil plans to have it abound. I don't believe in a pre-tribulation rapture. Thank you for the truth you spoke.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are correct. I see that the Bible says lawlessness will abound in the last days, that is all I meant by what I said.
What is lawlessness but man putting our will ahead of the will of God. Adam and Eve already did that in the Garden thus determining they were naked. So they caused the original cover up problem. The topless trend today seems to want to reverse that original sin.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is lawlessness but man putting our will ahead of the will of God. Adam and Eve already did that in the Garden thus determining they were naked. So they caused the original cover up problem, not the other way around of the opposite problem seen today. :)

So should we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. God stated His will for clothing for mankind in public when He clothed Adam and Eve with the animal skins. The change of circumstances brought about by Fall caused the necessity for clothing. We put our own will before God's and act lawlessly now if/when we deny the need for the wearing of public clothing and justify public nakedness in others and/or ourselves.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A
God stated His will for clothing for mankind in public when He clothed Adam and Eve with the animal skins.
Adam and Eve had made their choice. He complied.

We put our own will before God's and act lawlessly now if/when we deny the need for the wearing of public clothing and justify public nakedness in others and/or ourselves.
So you are saying we can reverse putting our will before God''s by going along with the original lawlessness that produced the want of coverings.

Btw.. I'm not condoning topless or otherwise. Just pointing out the foolishness of man in constantly redefining what is good and evil..

Corinthians3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not sure what to make of this. You folks be the judge:).

Topless women win big as Colorado city drops ban

Drops the ban .... but don't dare look at them ... will see if sexual crimes increase I guess ... I'm putting on dark ... very dark sunglasses ;o) and yes will look away ... and don't call me some kind of a degrading name because I choose to do.

11 years old? Good Grief!

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying by what right were they called savages just because their society differed from ours? Where did God say white Christians had the right to enforce their will on others? The same white Christians that forced native Americans away from their families into white homes and schools to force them to be made over into the white image? A line has been crossed many times in the name of Christianity, especially white Christianity. The same line one could say the topless advocates are in return trying to force on everyone else. Both sides are guilty of putting their will ahead of God's.

What is white Christianity?

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Not sure what to make of this. You folks be the judge
Yahuweh is the Judge.

What did Yahweh do to Balaam when Balaam told the enemy army the way to get the Israelites cursed ? (like the topic of this thread)
And then of course , also, Yahweh did curse the Israelites for being immoral, looking with desire on and sinning/ falling for the seductive women.

• Agree
Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Imposing of ideals on others. They did rather have the monopoly to do so at one time. But the blinded by these blind know no colour.
I think you are pulling my leg with that definition. Imposing of ideals on others is white Christianity? Sorry but I never heard anyone use the term white Christianity nor use a noun and adjective to indicate an action. Imposing is a verb. White is an adjective and Christianity is a noun. How does one propose that the definition of a phrase containing only a noun and an adjective is an action? Actions need a verb to describe them.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
looking with desire on and sinning/ falling for the seductive women.
Again what determines what attributes are desirable. In societies where toplessness is the norm only outsiders hung up on sex might find that desirable. Do most men lust after the sight of a knee any more?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think you are pulling my leg with that definition. Imposing of ideals on others is white Christianity? Sorry but I never heard anyone use the term white Christianity nor use a noun and adjective to indicate an action. Imposing is a verb. White is an adjective and Christianity is a noun. How does one propose that the definition of a phrase containing only a noun and an adjective is an action? Actions need a verb to describe them.
Where did I use white Christianity in the sense of a verb. They were the subject of a perpetrator's actions.

Upvote 0