Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure what to make of this. You folks be the judge:).

Topless women win big as Colorado city drops ban
"The Supreme Court will likely announce in early October whether it will hear the case."

"Most other courts have rejected equal-protection challenges to bans on female toplessness, as the Tenth Circuit acknowledged in its February ruling, saying "ours is the minority viewpoint."

Serious prayer. Pray for more conservatives in SCOTUS and in all the courts. Get busy, saints.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is an increase the lawlessness abounding in the last days which the Bible speaks of. God clothed Adam and Eve after the Fall, public nakedness then is rebellion against God by flaunting publicly that which God has deemed ought to be concealed. There is also the corrupting, desensitizing effect on the youths (and everyone really, but especially the youths). And then consider how even more so will dress (and lack thereof) that is horribly immodest by God's definition be accepted as modest by society when there are topless women walking around. It is sad, it is a shame, and anyone with God's Spirit in them will be grieved by this and find it outrageous. This should provoke us to prayer and to be the salt and light of the world which Bible says Christ's disciples should be. This is sure an example of what can happen when the salt has lost its savor and is good for nothing.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm the judge says he didn't think there would be a problem with women bathing topless in the pool or walking infront of elementary schools. Imagine of they did. Wouldn't the recourse be to legislate against that to stop it happening? In that case, it would be sexist to apply the law solely to women, so men would have to cover up too. ????

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,357.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I for one don't mind at all. But the caveat is the women who do go topless not turn around and cry sexual harassment when people ogle at their "assets".

Equal rights means equal rights. Your right to hang out your "assets", my right to look at them.

When people play stupid games they win stupid prizes.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,357.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hmm the judge says he didn't think there would be a problem with women bathing topless in the pool or walking infront of elementary schools. Imagine of they did. Wouldn't the recourse be to legislate against that to stop it happening? In that case, it would be sexist to apply the law solely to women, so men would have to cover up too. ????

Man and woman are created differently. Equality doesn't mean identical. Men have 2 privates and women have 3 privates. The law should be equal as in all people should cover their privates. It doesn't matter how many biological privates. Cover means cover. That is how I would look at laws governing our society.

All these new western counter cultures where everyone is identical is idiosyncrasy at its finest. A self delusion in the face of facts. It's like playing a never ending game of make believe.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't the recourse be to legislate against that to stop it happening? In that case, it would be sexist to apply the law solely to women, so men would have to cover up too. ????

That makes sense. Everybody needs to cover themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nobody knew it was wrong until somebody made that claim. Who told you you were naked?

A realm of corruption was introduced into man's soul at the Fall. They knew they had to cover themselves because they were rightly ashamed due to the consciousness of they had of the corruption they had brought upon themselves. Simply glorying in their nakedness at this point, approaching God in their nakedness, and denying their need for clothing would have only augmented their sin and provoked God exceedingly more. If it wasn't wrong to be naked after the Fall then they would have been fools to try to clothe themselves; and God would only have been endorsing their alleged foolishness in clothing themselves when He made them better, fuller clothing than they had made for themselves.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is when enticement starts.

Not so. That is like saying God provoked Adam and Eve to sin by telling them not to eat from the tree of knowledge. By your logic the Hollywood producers would be enticing more people to their movies by clothing the actors and actresses more. They sure know better than that!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If children grew up in a topless society they would be clueless to the stigma. That is taught. Look at how it took missionaries to convince women of the world to cover up. Were they considered savages before or after?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If children grew up in a topless society they would be clueless to the stigma. That is taught. Look at how it took missionaries to convince women of the world to cover up. Were they considered savages before or after?

Someone running around naked would be considered a savage; and a savage who converted to Christianity would cover up their body or they would not be truly converted to Christianity. Are you saying we'd do well to emulate savages?

• Agree
Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,357.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Then you should look at history of every civilizations that came before us. From the east to the west, a large majority of civilizations developed their code of ethics that required people to cover their privates. I'm not talking about the outlier like the tribes in the Amazon or Africa.

• Informative
Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you saying we'd do well to emulate savages?
I'm saying by what right were they called savages just because their society differed from ours? Where did God say white Christians had the right to enforce their will on others? The same white Christians that forced native Americans away from their families into white homes and schools to force them to be made over into the white image? A line has been crossed many times in the name of Christianity, especially white Christianity. The same line one could say the topless advocates are in return trying to force on everyone else. Both sides are guilty of putting their will ahead of God's.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Then you should look at history of every civilizations that came before us. From the east to the west, a large majority of civilizations developed their code of ethics that required people to cover their privates. I'm not talking about the outlier like the tribes in the Amazon or Africa.
First of all we are talking breasts, not genitalia. We all, male and female have them and both in varying degrees of size. Second, coverings were a matter of climate more than modesty.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm saying by what right were they called savages just because their society differed from ours? Where did God say white Christians had the right to enforce their will on others? The same white Christians that forced native Americans away from their families into white homes and schools to force them to be made over into the white image? A line has been crossed many times in the name of Christianity, especially white Christianity. The same line one could say the topless advocates are in return trying to force on everyone else. Both sides are guilty of putting their will ahead of God's.

Who cares if their society differs from ours? I don't. I don't care about what Native Americans thought was acceptable nor do I care about what our society finds acceptable (meaning their definition of acceptable is not credible, not that I don't care about the purity of the society I live in). I'm concerned about Biblical standards; and you ought to know that societies aren't God and any society which allows public nudity is a heathen society, including our own to a greater and greater degree as evidenced by the news article which is the source of this thread. And if (as you have claimed) other societies were not savages due to their walking around naked, and covering up is the source of enticement, then you ought to be applauding these public nudity advocates for their standing up to this allegedly evil influence of white Christians and alleged removal of enticement which they are fighting for.

• Winner
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0